Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:15:38 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hello all. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello all.  (Read 1851 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 27, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »

(NOTE: this will be a bit long, and contains a lot of stuff about me rambling on about my personal problems.  Skip this post if that sounds boring.)

Mike, here, popping in again to say, "Hi!" and stuff.  Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and all that.  Mine had a couple of bumps in it.  In addition to my various legal junk, my mom is now p**sed off at me and my sister (well, I guess less me now than her) because she found out we've been talking to my stepdad (well, ex stepdad since they got divorced about a year ago.) 

I don't know why this is just coming up now, but basically, she's still bitter and angry about the divorce (understandable), and feels that by us talking to him that we "endorse" what he did to her, namely leaving her for another woman.  (Course, I'm pretty sure if he never called or talked to us, she'd be all p**sed off because he "...doesn't care about us kids.")  Among other things, mom says she feels that she can't "move on" because she's been told (correctly or not, I don't know) by a lawyer that if Jim ever found out she was dating/cohabitating with someone she'd lose the alimony she's gaining and couldn't support herself. 

So, I get it, she feels it unfair that Jim is now with his (and I quote) "Pot smoking whore girlfriend" but she can't have a life cause she'll get punished.  Pesonally, I don't know, to me, if my stepdad wanted to stop alimony payments he would have challenged it when they got divorced in the first place. 

I don't really know what she expects us kids to do: ignore Jim completely?  Call him and cuss him out?  Set fire to his home? 

Because I currently live with my mom, I'm pretty much a captive audience to all her bitter diatribes.  I'm a bit of a sensitive person (maybe too much so).  I don't like having angry people around me, and everytime she's in the room with me I feel she's going to start griping about something.   

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame her for being angry, throwing away 23 years of marriage is a tough thing, especially since he lied to her about seeing someone, BUT, the fact is, mom hasn't faced up to her part in the breakup of their marriage either.  Years ago while I was still with them my parents decided to become swingers.  They didn't come out and tell me this, but it was rather obvious.

I mean, to me, when you introduce that element into your marriage, you shouldn't be surprised when your spouse finds something he thinks is better than you. 

But, I doubt it would be wise to point this out to her, mom's never been the best at conceding her own mistakes.

So, that's the home situation.  I'm still looking for another place to live (I was told by the police I had to move, least I get charged), but, so far, most of the places I've tried want six month/one year leases.  If I KNEW I was going to be around that long, that'd be fine, but the fact is I don't know what will happen in February, whether it will be parole or prison.   

I suppose on that up side, I've managed to get a part time job.  I usually only work about three days a week, but I've been able to snag a few more here and there from co-workers. 

Been kind of depressed and lonely lately.  I miss being online, miss having people to share silly thoughts and things of my life with. 

Anyway, thanks for reading.  Hope you guys are doing okay!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »

okay that sounds pretty bad, hope you manage to  sort things out or at least find some equilibrium. best of luck. I know families can be the most difficult thing. you can't choose them!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »

That is quite the analysis, BTM.  Welcome back on BTW, BTM!  (just had to type that.)

I know you aren't asking for advice, so won't give any.  I suppose it is a good thing at least to comprehend the situation, however trying it can be sometimes.  We wish you patience and humanity and when necessary, forbearance through it all.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:53 AM »

Good luck with it all, Mike.  You remain in our thoughts here on this end.

Sounds like you are (mostly) keeping a clear head and at least treading water....that's as good a first step as any.   Thumbup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Paquita

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »

Glad to hear you're hanging in there!  Just remember, when this all blows over you'll have lots of tough guy livin' stories for all the ladies to gather round and listen to.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hello all. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.