Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:04 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  INTRUDER (1989) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: INTRUDER (1989)  (Read 2671 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 29, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »

Okay, this is actually a lousy film, and I knew who the killer was very early in the movie, but it's a lot of fun and has an interesting cast including Sam and Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell and even the immortal Emil Sitka from the 3 Stooges!  And he says his famous, "Hold hands, you love birds" line!

The story involves a bunch of people working overnight in a supermarket to set up a big sale for the next day.  Naturally, they are slaughtered one by one in an orgy of cheap (but ambitious) gore murders.  My favorite scene is when a guy gets the top of his head cut off with a band saw.

This is the uncut version (the original videotape release years ago was edited for an R-rating) and looks great on blu-ray (far superior to the YouTube clip below).  The disc also includes a very interesting documentary about how they made this low-budget gore-fest.  It was filmed in an abandoned supermarket that the producers paid $2,500 to use.  They stocked the shelves with cans and boxes of various foods that were removed from supermarkets because of dented/crushed packaging.

Not a great movie by any means, but worth seeing just so you can tell people you have seen it.

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »

Looks amusing

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »

this is actually a lousy film

strongly disagree
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:31:43 PM »

That's been sitting in my Netflix streaming queue forever.  Really need to check it out one of these days.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
voltron

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »

strongly disagree

On first watch I thought it was kinda dumb with lots of "interesting" shots thrown in for good measure. However on several repeat watches, I really enjoyed it. By the late 80s, as most of you may know, slashers ran out of steam (see Edge Of The Axe), but I think this one's an exception. A really FUN FUN FUN FUN exception.  Burgo, if you think it's lousy why is it in the 'good movie' section?  Wink

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »

That's been sitting in my Netflix streaming queue forever.  Really need to check it out one of these days.

Jack!  I think you'll like this movie!  It's really fun!  I liked it.  It's not anything amazing, it's just a really comfy nice feel-good kinda movie... ya know with dead people in it and stuff.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 10:19:32 AM »

strongly disagree

Burgo, if you think it's lousy why is it in the 'good movie' section?  Wink

As I said, "but it's a lot of fun and has an interesting cast."  So I decided to put it here even though I don't consider it to be a "good" film. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »

I hate how the trailer gives away the identity of the killer right away.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
The Burgomaster

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »

I hate how the trailer gives away the identity of the killer right away.

It doesn't really matter.  It's obvious who the killer is very early in the movie.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »

Jack!  I think you'll like this movie!  It's really fun!  I liked it.  It's not anything amazing, it's just a really comfy nice feel-good kinda movie... ya know with dead people in it and stuff.

I love a comfy feel-good movie with dead people in it!  Hopefully I'll get it watched either tonight or tomorrow.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  INTRUDER (1989) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.