Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:18:06 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2011 (possible PT thread) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2011 (possible PT thread)  (Read 2082 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: January 02, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/10-most-ridiculous-lawsuits-2011-175104066.html
The top ten Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2011 are:

•Convict sues couple he kidnapped for not helping him evade police

•Man illegally brings gun into bar, gets injured in a fight, then sues bar for not searching him for a weapon

•Young adults sue mother for sending cards without gifts and playing favorites

•Woman disagrees with store over 80-cent refund, sues for $5 million

•Mom files suit against exclusive preschool over child's college prospects

•Man suing for age discrimination says judge in his case is too old

•Obese man sues burger joint over tight squeeze in booths

•Woman sues over movie trailer; says not enough driving in "Drive"

•Passenger's lawsuit says cruise ship went too fast and swayed from side to side

•Mother sues Chuck E. Cheese – says games encourage gambling in children

I don't know what to say about this, but  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Seriously, people will sue over anything dumb these days. TongueOut

yeah no.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »

Ridiculous suits to be sure.

My way of looking at it, however, is that I appreciate that I live in a society where people CAN sue for wrongs. The fact that such ridiculous suits have been filed is testament to that. Usually these kinds of frivilous suits are used to fuel arguments for tort reform, something I am not in favor of.

From my perspective, when we STOP seeing frivilous lawsuits being filed, that's a bad sign.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

Every year in the city I live in there's this 10 day long ongoing party in the streets. This year some woman decided to sue the city because she thought it was unfair that there were more free public toilets for men than there are for women.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »

my favourite is Donald Trump suing New York Times for $5 billion because they did a piece on him and printed that he was 'only' worth $250 million

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »

Mother sues Chuck E. Cheese – says games encourage gambling in children

It always starts off simple with the crane games, soon kids move onto the big game with the basketball hoops.  Then they start playing skee ball and it is all over for these poor young ones.  People!  This is serious stuff that we must fight against!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »

Reasonable tort reform is nothing to be feared.  Out of control lawsuits have done a great deal of damage to this country, especially to the medical profession.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:42:35 AM »

Reasonable tort reform is nothing to be feared.  Out of control lawsuits have done a great deal of damage to this country, especially to the medical profession.

Maybe. Or maybe we should just move to socialized medicine.

No. Tort reform does little besides benefit the massive corporations that can survive a major lawsuit and cripple smaller businesses who cannot. As a supporter of laissez faire capitalism, sorry, I can't support tort reform.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 12:52:17 AM »

Excuse for being rude here Indy, but what does this have to do with medical profession? All I wanted was your thoughts on the top ten dumbest lawsuits of 2011, not a political analyst.

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 01:02:54 AM »

Excuse for being rude here Indy, but what does this have to do with medical profession? All I wanted was your thoughts on the top ten dumbest lawsuits of 2011, not a political analyst.

Well, "possible PT thread" in the title was an open invitation there. However, I do understand and appreciate the tone you were going for. Like I said in my initial post in this thread, I think it's GREAT that we can make fun of lawsuits like this. I think it's one of many things that make American great.

Smile

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:04:28 AM »

SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL FILM ARCHIVES SUES ARCHIVIST FOR SECRETING HIS UNDERPANTS IN THEIR FILM COOLER ROOMS.

Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:18 AM »

Speaking of ridiculous lawsuits, I remember two particualar cases I heard ages ago that I'd like to share with you guys:

There was a woman who sued a grocery store because she tripped over a kid. The kid happened to be hers.  Lookingup

A man saved a woman who was involved in a car crash. He called the ambulance for her and even paid for her medical bills. Now she's in a wheelchair and she's suing the man who saved her because she believes that he was the cause for her injuries.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »

I know there are penalties for filing frivolous lawsuits, but I believe these penalties should be stricter and more frequently enforced.  The courts should fine some of these people a few thousand bucks and sentence them to community service or something for wasting the court's time and the taxpayers' money.  Then they'd think long and hard before filing stupid lawsuits. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »

This may or may not be true, but I've heard that English courts require a plaintiff to prove the validity of a lawsuit before the suit is brought to court-I think we need such a system.

Then, I think there should be a fifty-dollar bounty on drug dealers.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2011 (possible PT thread) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.