Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:13:00 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WingedSerpent's thoughts, musings, and other Blog like Behaviors « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: WingedSerpent's thoughts, musings, and other Blog like Behaviors  (Read 9754 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2023, 09:44:41 PM »

Been silent for a while, but I have some stuff going on and can talk about it.

Recently, I was laid off. The company I was working for had suffered these last few years, due to things like the pandemic/supply chain issues, lack of capital, and apparently one of the big investors in it had been involved in fraud.

Last week, the company filled for bankruptcy and shut down all functions.  We had one day of work, and later that night the company sent out an email telling everyone that they had lost their jobs.  Over 200 people out of work.

I had made no attempt to hide the fact I did not like that job, and was working on getting something better.  But still,  I wanted to leave under my terms, not theirs.

But it may have been a blessing in disguise.  Only about a week, after losing that job-I now have a new one.  I just need to take a standard drug test (not worried) and they have offered me a position. Its a bit more money I was making at my old job, not much more, but it feels like there's more room for growth at the new place.

Wish me luck.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2023, 10:03:15 PM »

Good luck!  Thumbup
I'm retired, and the canning company didn't give a f**k if we were high, drunk, or felons, and that ain't no joke. I worked there for over 30 years. I was never a felon! A jailbird- sure- but never commited a felony. Mostly destruction of public property, public intoxication, possession of marijuana, resisting arrest...dumb s**t like that. I was high and drunk alot, though.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2023, 01:11:36 AM »

Best of luck in the new job.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2023, 09:38:58 AM »

Good luck!  Thumbup
I'm retired, and the canning company didn't give a f**k if we were high, drunk, or felons, and that ain't no joke. I worked there for over 30 years. I was never a felon! A jailbird- sure- but never commited a felony. Mostly destruction of public property, public intoxication, possession of marijuana, resisting arrest...dumb s**t like that. I was high and drunk alot, though.

I see no problems here.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2023, 06:53:26 PM »

The more I learn about them, its feels strange that one animal we don't have is fresh water Cephalopods.  There are no lake squids or octopuses that live in rivers.   Maybe not rivers, but I could see them living in lakes.  They'd probably do well in those environments if they could handle fresh water.   

WingedSerpent

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2023, 08:41:32 PM »

Had a nice birthday today.  Went over my parents and then we all went to a restaurant that's sort of on the other side of the city for us.  Its good food, but we really only go once a year.  On the trip home my dad was pointing out all the historic and places and places he used to work at.  So it felt like it was nice for him to see those places again.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2023, 08:49:19 PM »

Had a nice birthday today.  Went over my parents and then we all went to a restaurant that's sort of on the other side of the city for us.  Its good food, but we really only go once a year.  On the trip home my dad was pointing out all the historic and places and places he used to work at.  So it felt like it was nice for him to see those places again.

Glad you had a good day. Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2023, 08:23:45 AM »

Glad you liked it. Here is to many more

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
WingedSerpent

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2023, 07:41:26 PM »

I think I saw a coyote in my neighborhood on the way to work today.  We've had plenty of deer move in over the years, so it would only make sense that a few predators might follow them. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2023, 09:44:20 PM »

We never had coyotes in West Michigan- at least not that I noticed- until about 25 years ago.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WingedSerpent

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2023, 10:00:24 PM »

Might actually be going to the Caribbean this summer if things work out.  I've never been, so I hope we can go.  Better start exercising so I'll look good in a swimsuit.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2023, 08:15:34 AM »

Might actually be going to the Caribbean this summer if things work out.  I've never been, so I hope we can go.  Better start exercising so I'll look good in a swimsuit.

Consider taking scuba diving lessons to prepare. It's worth it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2024, 09:17:34 PM »

Just had the weekly Zoom family meeting.  I love my parents, but they are just about every bad boomers can't use modern technology cliche.

WingedSerpent

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2024, 07:20:31 PM »

Going to be using my tax return to get a new computer, so I'm trying to finish up some projects on this one, plus making back ups of all important files.  The one set of files that's been unexpectedly tricky has been the music files.  I used to use itunes a long time ago, but stopped.  I still use an MP3 player to listen to music because I want to own what I purchased and not be at the mercy of a streaming service. 

Anyway, there is an option to convert itunes MP4 into MP3's provided their not protected.  So I had to re download itunes, get a new apple password, go through my old libray and convert as many songs as I could.  Took a bit longer than I thought, and still didn't get everything. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WingedSerpent's thoughts, musings, and other Blog like Behaviors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.