Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:54 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange dream depository « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39
Author Topic: strange dream depository  (Read 202033 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2015, 09:28:14 AM »

Must be election season. Guys are campaigning to me in my dreams. Dreamed I was walking along with a Senator from Indiana who was running for reelection. He told me he had a plan to put a firing range on every hilltop in the state. I told him he was pandering. He called me "fellow member" and assumed I had read his book about Bob Dylan. I hadn't. Joke's on him; I didn't remember his name and I'm not even registered to vote in Indiana.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:54:39 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2015, 10:41:58 PM »

I was driving some strange combination of my old Plymouth van and Dad's old Ford truck.  There was a Chinese ninja girl in the vehicle with me.  Somehow, I knew that we were both members of some kind of hero squad and this was an episode of their anime series.  (The dream was "real life" not "animated", for what that's worth.)  Furthermore, I knew that I was a minor character in the series and this was going to be the only episode where I did anything but drive people around.  Suddenly, a Caucasian ninja woman (like, pushing 30 instead of 17 or so like the Chinese girl in the van/truck with me), was inside the van/truck and the two of them started to have a sword fight.  I lost control of the van because I got a throwing star in the shoulder, or something, and drove through a mall, trying to not run over any people.  Eventually, we were outside again and the van/truck broke down for some reason.  The evil ninja lady was winning the fight with my friend, so I ran up behind her and suplexed her.  She got up and started kicking my ass but I distracted her long enough for my ninja girl to recover and take out the evil ninja with a sneak attack.

I said, "Whew!  If this is what it's like for you guys every day, I'll just stick with driving the van!"

Then the show's end credits started playing.  No, seriously, this dream had an ending credit sequence, with a j-pop song and still frames of the characters and everything.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
dean

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2015, 02:47:39 AM »

Must be election season. Guys are campaigning to me in my dreams. Dreamed I was walking along with a Senator from Indiana who was running for reelection. He told me he had a plan to put a firing range on every hilltop in the state. I told him he was pandering. He called me "fellow member" and assumed I had read his book about Bob Dylan. I hadn't. Joke's on him; I didn't remember his name and I'm not even registered to vote in Indiana.

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »

I dreamed my dad absolutely HATED a present I got for him for his birthday.  He would not stop complaining about how cheap a SOB he thought I was and that it was the worst birthday present he ever got.  He's nothing like that, and his birthday isn't for a couple more months.  Wonder why I dreamed that...

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2015, 04:04:04 PM »

I dreamed my dad absolutely HATED a present I got for him for his birthday.  He would not stop complaining about how cheap a SOB he thought I was and that it was the worst birthday present he ever got.  He's nothing like that, and his birthday isn't for a couple more months.  Wonder why I dreamed that...

It might be fear. We often dream about what we fear. I know I do. The good thing is that our dreams serve as a release for our fears in real life. Again, I know they do for me.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »

It might be fear. We often dream about what we fear. I know I do. The good thing is that our dreams serve as a release for our fears in real life. Again, I know they do for me.
It was probably a mashup of other things.  If someone doesn't like a present I give them I'm not going to stew about it.  Sometimes dreams are therapeutic in the ways you mentioned, but I don't think this one.  It was just weird.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

Had one last night.  I dreamed I was at my last assignment and it was the last day I worked at that assignment, and I went in to what had once been my supervisor's office before he retired and I took over for him.  Anyway I happened to go into his office and saw that a couple of very large windows had been hidden behind the office furniture (desks/credenzas/etc) in his room.  I was kicking myself for not taking his office when he retired.  And all the offices in that wing were being stripped all the way down to the bare walls.

When I took over the supervisor job there were several empty offices and I decided to move into a former project manager's office because it seemed a bit nicer, and I wanted to send a bit of a new sheriff in town message.  The wall where I saw the windows in his office in my the dream make no sense, because it was an interior wall between his office and the next office over, which was a manager's office.  And in my dream that office was totally empty too but he was still working there when I left that assignment.  As far as I know he's still in that office. 

I was hoping when I left that the weird dreams about that assignment would go away.  I hope it's not going to be like the dreams I had about a restaurant I worked at in my late teens/early 20s, which went on even after the place closed (about 17 years after I left there).

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2015, 06:36:23 AM »

Had one last night.  I dreamed I was at my last assignment and it was the last day I worked at that assignment, and I went in to what had once been my supervisor's office before he retired and I took over for him.  Anyway I happened to go into his office and saw that a couple of very large windows had been hidden behind the office furniture (desks/credenzas/etc) in his room.  I was kicking myself for not taking his office when he retired.  And all the offices in that wing were being stripped all the way down to the bare walls.

When I took over the supervisor job there were several empty offices and I decided to move into a former project manager's office because it seemed a bit nicer, and I wanted to send a bit of a new sheriff in town message.  The wall where I saw the windows in his office in my the dream make no sense, because it was an interior wall between his office and the next office over, which was a manager's office.  And in my dream that office was totally empty too but he was still working there when I left that assignment.  As far as I know he's still in that office.  

I was hoping when I left that the weird dreams about that assignment would go away.  I hope it's not going to be like the dreams I had about a restaurant I worked at in my late teens/early 20s, which went on even after the place closed (about 17 years after I left there).

So...the 'office' you did not choose had 'openings' that led to the manager's office?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2015, 08:05:10 AM »

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

Wish I could see that. If you remember how to find it try posting it by pushing the "share" button, then removing the "s" in "https."

I dreamt my brother Chris died and I found a letter from him explaining that his doctor was trying to kill him by prescribing the wrong drugs and if anything happened to him we should go to the police. I also discovered some plane tickets in the doctor's name to Arizona, and found out that he had graduated from Arizona State. My only thought was, "Why didn't Chris change doctors?"

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »

Had one last night.  I dreamed I was at my last assignment and it was the last day I worked at that assignment, and I went in to what had once been my supervisor's office before he retired and I took over for him.  Anyway I happened to go into his office and saw that a couple of very large windows had been hidden behind the office furniture (desks/credenzas/etc) in his room.  I was kicking myself for not taking his office when he retired.  And all the offices in that wing were being stripped all the way down to the bare walls.

When I took over the supervisor job there were several empty offices and I decided to move into a former project manager's office because it seemed a bit nicer, and I wanted to send a bit of a new sheriff in town message.  The wall where I saw the windows in his office in my the dream make no sense, because it was an interior wall between his office and the next office over, which was a manager's office.  And in my dream that office was totally empty too but he was still working there when I left that assignment.  As far as I know he's still in that office.  

I was hoping when I left that the weird dreams about that assignment would go away.  I hope it's not going to be like the dreams I had about a restaurant I worked at in my late teens/early 20s, which went on even after the place closed (about 17 years after I left there).

So...the 'office' you did not choose had 'openings' that led to the manager's office?

Another thing I remember about the dream was being able to see the outside of the building too and the office overlooked a rather large courtyard, which was kind of strange because we were just above ground level.  And the building we were in had no windows at all.

It wasn't really possible to advance much further in my last assignment within the client organization, we were working on client site and the client decided to switch to another company.  The client told the company I work for that they wanted to keep me another couple months but I declined as I already had another position lined up in the same company I work for by then.  It was kind of nice to move on, it really cut down on my commute and I was getting a bit antsy to move on after a 2 year assignment with a long commute had turned into an almost 9 year assignment.  (I thought about but never moved closer because it was just supposed to be a temporary assignment and later on I didn't want to get stuck with a place then decide to or have to move on).

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »

I was driving some strange combination of my old Plymouth van and Dad's old Ford truck.  There was a Chinese ninja girl in the vehicle with me.  Somehow, I knew that we were both members of some kind of hero squad and this was an episode of their anime series.  (The dream was "real life" not "animated", for what that's worth.)  Furthermore, I knew that I was a minor character in the series and this was going to be the only episode where I did anything but drive people around.  Suddenly, a Caucasian ninja woman (like, pushing 30 instead of 17 or so like the Chinese girl in the van/truck with me), was inside the van/truck and the two of them started to have a sword fight.  I lost control of the van because I got a throwing star in the shoulder, or something, and drove through a mall, trying to not run over any people.  Eventually, we were outside again and the van/truck broke down for some reason.  The evil ninja lady was winning the fight with my friend, so I ran up behind her and suplexed her.  She got up and started kicking my ass but I distracted her long enough for my ninja girl to recover and take out the evil ninja with a sneak attack.

I said, "Whew!  If this is what it's like for you guys every day, I'll just stick with driving the van!"

Then the show's end credits started playing.  No, seriously, this dream had an ending credit sequence, with a j-pop song and still frames of the characters and everything.

I had a dream with opening credits once; I starred, wrote, produced, and directed the whole thing. There WAS a song, but the only lyrics I remember (IWT70'sAIMHBH) were

"Taking my place in my own world here
Making a name in my own world here"

Around the same time, I had a dream that was a trailer for a gorehouse flick....
These two high-school age dudes walk into shot, in a gym locker room, each one leading a kid, about five or six, by the hand, a boy and a girl. They sit down on the benches, each one with a child sitting facing away from them on the floor. Suddenly, these guys pull ball-peen hammers out of their back pockets, and start wailin' away on these kids' domes, while this Brady-Bunch type music swells up. These psychos are grinning, and the kids are twitching spasmodically, blood and brains oozing out of their mouths.

Just then, the title, in quivery blood red, slides in from screen left....MUSH HEADS.

I woke up, and just laid there for I dunno how long, too creeped out to move.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »

Here's a weird one I had this morning - I had a dream where my brother handed me a check for $120,000 that my aunt had given to him to give to me, this was my share of the proceeds from Grandma's estate.  But I looked at the check and it was not filled out right in the pay to the order of field, nor was it signed.  I tried to track down my aunt but was informed she went to South Korea with a friend.  Then I learned that the $120 grand check was a joke my Aunt and my parents were playing on me and that my actual share was going to be around $9,000.  I was very upset because I intended to pay off my car and my student loans with the money.  (If I had gotten money from Grandma or Grandpa any amount would've been nice but I could've done without the tricks).

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »

There was some code I was trying to decipher and implement into a system. I felt so bad because I couldn't figure it out when I woke up, and I really wanted to. :(

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »

My English teacher asked me my opinion about a book, she was reading, a comedic take on vampires, and whether it could be made into a film, with her writing the script. Others had a higher take on the idea, then I did, but, if the book is made into a film, there is a role in it for me, as a teenage intern, who, while undressing each other, item by item, falls prey to the youngest of the vampires, and thus dies. Though, the film does end happily with neither victim, including myself, nor vampire actually dead, and all the victims, including myself, and all the vampires becoming lovers, including myself. As it was all a dream, or was it . . .?!

Little violence. No sex. A little profanity. The problem with the film is all the nudity in it, as we want the film to be rated no more than PG-13.

It is good that time is timeless in the dream world, as I have not been a teen for over 4 decades.

More dreams as I think of them.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2015, 01:59:51 AM »

I had a weird one on the weekend: I spent the entire dream debating the merits and other things of the film Bicentennial Man with Robin Williams.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange dream depository « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.