Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:32:48 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange dream depository « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39
Author Topic: strange dream depository  (Read 202014 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2017, 09:51:23 AM »

I usually cant even remember my dreams. Often when i dream it seems to be full of anxiety or anger, im often running from something or fighting something. This was very strange for me. In 2 parts:

1St dream - me and my older brother are going to waffle house to eat. Hes driving. As we are  parking, he backs into a space. Were the asphalt ends, theres a drop off,  like a ditch.  He backs in smoothly. The rear wheels stop at the edge of the asphalt. Perfect parking. Nothing wrong. Im calm. He gets out to check behind the car, hopping down the drop off to look. Im siiting in the car as it begins to roll back. The car rolls down the hill, and flips over backwards on top of him. I crawl out. Some people help me flip over the car and pull him out. Hes ok except that his leg is broken badly. The parking lot hes become an outdoor bar and there are people hanging out and having drinks. We put hes leg in a splint and wait for an ambulance to arrive. There was no fear during this. There was only a strong sense of embarrassment, because this happened in front of everybody. The car was later towed without us even seeing it. I was more worried about the car and not getting home.
Then i woke up. I havent spoke to my brother or seen him in 7 years, we are not on good terms. Im sure that theres something freudian going on there.

exterminate all rational thought.....
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2017, 10:32:37 AM »

2Nd dream- this to one that affected me. After waking up from the previous dream and going back to sleep, the other dream mutated. It was now night time in the parking lot that i was stranded in. I caught a taxi to go home. Dana Delorenzo was sharing it with me. As we were in route, we started to kiss. Not passionately but very lovingly. It was like a first kiss with someone that i was falling in love with. Very innovent and adolescent in a way. Not making out in a sexual way but just kissing in a way that felt so natural. I was looking her in the eyes, i could feel her hair. I can even remember her tongue texture and her taste. It was so vivid and real. It felt so real and natural. We arrived at another bar. Im setting there with her enjoying her company. The bar is full of nerds and geeks. Everyone was peaceful and silly. The waitress was a b***h and wouldnt give me my 99 cent tequila shot. No hard feelings though. We had a nice time that night being in each others company.

Well thats my dream.  Heres why its freaking me out; I am not attracted to Dana Lorenzo! Shes not ugly, but she just doesnt do it for me. The thing about the dream is that i had such a feeling of being in love and at peace. I even woke up feeling that way, thinking about her and last night.  I felt that "glow" you feel when you fall in love with someone and its mutual. Not since adolescence have i felt like this. It felt right. I felt real. It felt more right than any relationship ive ever been in. It wasnt a sexual dream at all. I just looked at some pictures of her and i feel nothing.  Sorry for the long post.

exterminate all rational thought.....
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2017, 06:21:16 PM »

Got a real crazy for you.  I dreamt I in this narrow room overlooking a larger area and it's got stairs leading down, but all these various bad guys are there and trying to attack me.  Most of the bad guys look a lot like bad guys cosplay characters (and some are female).  Well, apparently I'm a wizard (and the only person on my team).  But as things are looking dire (the people are pouring towards the steps), I noticed several LARGE sized bags of regular and peanut M&Ms nearby.  So, I cast a spell on them (even though there's no indication of magic going on.. no glowing or anything) but suddenly they're not weapons.  I rip open a bag and shout, "Beads of force!" and began hurling handfuls of candy down the steps.  They exploded in puffs of a smoke when they hit something and people start yelling and screaming as they're hurt. 

After a bit of back and forth fighting (mainly with me ripping open more bags and throwing/dumping more stuff.)  Suddenly the crowd parts and the apparent leader of the group shows up, challenging me to a one on one fight.  I just somehow know she's called The River Queen, she vaguely like that dragon girl from Game of Thrones (silverish hair, pale skin, etc.) and she's got all kinds of M&Ms stuck to her armor like, telling me my trick is going to be ineffective. 

Just as she gets to the top of the stairs, a flaming arrow arcs high into the air and lands right in the back of her head! Her eyes rolled up and she slumps down and I see, coming over the hillside, several other flaming arrows and warriors who cause off the rest of the bad guys.  I think to myself, "Finally, some backup!"

Turning to the side door (which just now appeared in the room next to the stairs), I walk through it to enter a gymnasium full of injured people lying around on the bleacher steps, as well as random children that are just walking around. A few react to me in fear, saying stuff like, "The wizard!" but most are too injured to do much.  I hold up my hand and say, "It's alright!  The war is over.  The River Queen, I'm afraid, is dead, and no, I did not kill her."  I look down at the bags of M&Ms I have with me, mutter some kind of incantation, then say, "And these are now just harmless candy.  Please enjoy." 

I take out a handful of M&Ms, and drop them on the floor.  When they see nothing happening, the children eagerly accept the bags and begin passing them out amongst themselves.  I just walk away.

And that's when I woke up.

What's really weird about this is that, although I've read the books, I don't get cable, so I haven't even seen any but a few eps of GoT and that was years ago. 
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »

I'm going to share a story with you.  This is a long one description wise, but mostly it's just a few people standing around waiting. 

It's fitting that I share it with you here, as this dream involved a bad movie, or maybe it was one.  It's hard to say. 

I'm inside an old video rental shop.  In real life the store closed more than twenty years ago and I've never been inside it without either my mom or dad taking me, but there I was.  This was the kind of old mom and pop style place that you don't see anymore.  The kind that thought nothing about putting up movie posters of Hellraiser next to the poster for Land Before Time.  It was also huge.  Despite being in a small tucked away town, it's still the biggest videostore I've ever been in in my life. 

I walked up to the counter with a VHS tape.  In real life, you would take the empty boxes up to the counter and they'd get you the movie from the numerous shelves and backroom they had that contained the actual movies, but here I was bringing them the tape itself.  If it had a label identify it, I couldn't tell you what it was. 

The dream shifts.  Maybe that what comes next isn't even part of the same dream. 

An unmarked white van stops just outside town at the overlook.  In movies, this would be the place that teens would label Lover's Lane or Lookout Point.  It didn't actually exist in my real townb, but this dream town wasn't quite the same place.  It was more an idealized version of my old home town, mixed with a few other places I've lived over the years.  It was more a sanitized sitcom's version of a place than a real place itself. 

The van looked new and clean.  It had no markings on it and the windows where tinted.  I wasn't at that location to see the van stop, I just saw it in the dream, like the dream had switched scenes.  Somehow I knew it was trouble. 

The dream goes back to me.  I'm a little bit taller in the dream than I really am and a bit thinner as well.  I'm also wearing a humorous dinosaur costume, the kind with a big stuffed dinosaur head you wear as a hood and a equally big stuffed tail.  I'm walking down the street late at night.  I might be coming from a costume party, or I might be going to one.  I'm not sure.  It was October after all.  Halloween wasn't here just yet, but it was close. 

As I'm walking down the street, the van pulls up beside me.  Driving it is what I thought was a woman in very elaborate make-up.  Her skin was pure white smooth like marble.  She wore a red and yellow Chinese dress and had her hair cut short.  She may have had long opera gloves on and had one of those long cigarette holders as well.  The details are fuzzy.  She told me I was late.  Somehow I interpreted this as being asked to go to a party with her so I got in the van. 

You know how in dreams you sometimes know things without knowing how or why you know them?  The dream skips ahead again at this point and there are just things I know now. 

It's hard to explain what order to tell them in. 

I was now standing at the overlook with the marble Chinese woman and surrounded by other, not quite human things.  They had mistaken me for one of them somehow. 

There leader appeared to be a slightly chubby Asian man that looked like he stepped right off a badly faded and damaged VHS tape.  Literally.  His colors were faded and he was tinted slightly blue.  He seemed out of focus.  The weirdest thing was how there appeared to be grain, static, and flicker on him.  Just him. 

Apparently during the part of the dream that it had skipped, he had explained the rules.  Know I knew them.  There was something these things did once a year.  There were thirteen of them (supposedly) that would go to a different town each year and have a contest.  One by one they would be let lose and for the next 24 hours, they competed to see who could kill the most people in the town.  It was never explained what, but there was supposed a prize for coming in first place and some sort of penalty for loosing.  How you lost wasn't explained either.  I just knew those were the rules.       

I say there were supposedly thirteen, but I never got a clear view of all of them.  There were also far more than thirteen that stood in the shadows with only their silhouettes visible.  I also remember not knowing if the Static Man was counted as one of the 13 or just the score keeper.   

I stood there nervously as well all waited for midnight to start the 24 hour mark.  We were all just milling around.  Walking in front of each other and almost socializing, although none of them ever seemed to talk.  I think there might have been an introduction sequence as I remember a few of them being highlighted, but I must have missed most of it, being too nervous that these things would find me out and kill me. 

I do remember something that looked like it was wearing a cheap store bought Hellraiser costume, except instead of the white head with pins, it had a large egg for a head.  The smaller end was pointed forward and there was a tiny chipped out hole were I could see two big cartoon eyes inside.  He walked past me. We didn't interact. 

There was a werewolf.  There was something wrong with the shape of his head though, making him seem somewhat ape like as well.  He wore a suit with one sleeves ripped off the coat, one of the legs ripped off the pants, and a tie, but no shirt.  His fingers were short and stubby, but clawed, looking halfway between fingers and paws. 

There was a skinless man in a leather jacket.  Somehow I knew he was supposed to look like a greaser.  As I got a better look at him, something was off.  His body was too thick and his eyes looked too sunken to be a skinless man.  Either his costume was cheap, or it was something that had skinned a human and was no wearing him like clothes. 

There was a character that looked like what  you would get if you asked a person to draw Jason Voorhees and only gave them a vague description of what he should look like.  His mask was more angular, and looked like the one Casey Jones wore in the old Ninja Turtles cartoon.  His hair seemed to alternate between being Sonic the hedgehog like spikes and those tendril dreads the Predator has depending on when you looked at him.  He had those oversized Boris Karloff Frankenstein shoulders and boots.  I can;'t remember what he was wearing but I remember seeing reddish twisted and burnt skin.  Also, he had a Freddy like claw, instead of being a glove though, it was a mechanical hand.  There were long blades instead of fingers, and they seemed to have a joint in the middle of them so he could bend them. 

Somehow I knew in the dream, he was the star character.  He stood there silently and nobody interacted with him. 

He may have been the star, but there was one other.  This one, even this group seemed to fear.  She was naked and had the body of a super model.  Just the body.  There were no legs and no head.  Somebody had roughly sawed them off leaving just bloody stumps behind.  Likewise her nipples had been cut off leaving jagged x-shaped scars on her breasts.  A thick, smooth patch that was more soft fur than pubic hair covered her lower regions.  Her body appeared to float in the air, but she moved as though she still had legs, her stumps swinging as she "walked" and even stretching as she "stepped over" a branch at one point.  Sometimes she had those old fashioned straight razors in her hands, sometimes she didn't and in the dream, I knew it was because she could make them appear or disappear at will.     

I can also remember the Static Man being upset at Marble girl for not killing other women but keeping them chained to her as slaves, although he still gave her points for terrifying them.  I don't know if this was a flashback or a jump forward.  It felt like a scene that had been put in the wrong par to the movie.

Surrounded by these terrors and somehow mistaken for one of them, I stood their waiting for the game to begin.  I knew things would go horrible for me if I lost or revealed I wasn't one of them, but the alternate was murdering friends and family. 

Before I knew which one I was going to do, the dream shifted to something far less interesting that I won't bore you with. 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2017, 01:16:54 PM »

The fear is that one of these days he'll enter Dream World and never come out. For as unpleasant as the Real World can be at times, Dream World can be just as unpleasant.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »

All right, Tex, the gauntlet is down....

1. I once got a backrub in a Maine cranberry bog.

2. I stuck my hand into a crack in the door of a 19th century tomb at Spring Grove and put a dinosaur sticker on the inside of the door.

3. During the 1997 mega-flood, I tossed several yellow rubber duckies into the flood waters, each with something odd written on the bottom.

Admittedly any could be true, all sound like me, but one....is a product of my imagination.

But which?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »

All right, Tex, the gauntlet is down....

1. I once got a backrub in a Maine cranberry bog.

2. I stuck my hand into a crack in the door of a 19th century tomb at Spring Grove and put a dinosaur sticker on the inside of the door.

3. During the 1997 mega-flood, I tossed several yellow rubber duckies into the flood waters, each with something odd written on the bottom.

Admittedly any could be true, all sound like me, but one....is a product of my imagination.

But which?

This should be in the Two Truths, One lie thread, I think.
Rev, wanna move it please?

And, ER, I am going to call - #3 as the lie.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »

Now THAT is weird, I am 99.9% sure I posted this on 2T1L thread, and yet it showed up here??????

No, sir, number three is not the lie! Victory dance, I finally got one past you at long last!!!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »

The fear is that one of these days he'll enter Dream World and never come out. For as unpleasant as the Real World can be at times, Dream World can be just as unpleasant.

Ever read The Sandman, BSK?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »

Dreamed I met Billy Ocean at some kind of public event.

BILLY OCEAN [walking past me on the way to his seat]: Hey, isn't that the janitor?
ME: I wish I could say it was nice to meet you, Billy.
[Other audience members titter and repeat what I said. Billy Ocean says something angry but inaudible].
ME: Oh, shut up.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »

I was a writer for a cartoon series.  I was sitting there in a small poorly lit room with stacks of paper and a pencil.  The cartoon starred an evil looking Tom (from Tom and Jerry) and a cute looking more realistic CG mouse. 

The plot was that the cat had to trick the mouse to eat a ham sandwich.  As I was writing it, I realized somehow that was the ONLY plot in the entire series.  I had to write hundreds of episodes by hand and they all had to be about a cat tricking a mouse to eat a ham sandwich.  I was stressing out because I couldn't think of that many ways to write a cat making a mouse eat a ham sandwich but if I didn't, I'd get fired and I really needed that job. 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »

Ever read The Sandman, BSK?

Yes
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »

I was at work, which was, for some weird reason, in a 10-story high-rise in a town that has appeared in my dreams many times before. I kept seeing people I didn't recognize, and they seemed like security people with light body armor and automatic weapons.

Next thing I know, these same people go into lockdown mode and start herding people into the middle floors of the building. They are hitting protesters with the butts of their weapons, and shooting those who resist further. I am avoiding them as best I can as the whole building is this weird labyrinth that they apparently aren't familiar with.

I make my way down to the areas where they are holding people. While down there, I run into a ex-girlfriend (she does not work where I do in real life). She is carrying around a length of cord. As we talk, I find out that she has been designated as a killer by the people taking over the building. In fact, they have labelled all the workers as either killers, victims, or saves. The saves are people they need alive to accomplish whatever they need done. The killers are supposed to kill victims. Basically, the interlopers want the bulk of the employees to kill each other while they want the "saves" to work on some project.

The ex-girlfriend attempts to use the cord to strangle me, but I somehow get away. I find a guy who has been in other dreams I've had. He is a "save". He explains that the whole attack is related to some computer program which has made recent appearances in other dreams I've had.

I find a group of people who have avoided being rounded up, and we decide to make a break for the roof as the ground floor would be too heavily guarded. After a series of weird events that I don't recall completely (people jumping to their death or being shot), I find a way down the side of the building with a little girl in tow.

We pass through a few surrounding buildings that have been featured in other dreams I've had. Once we are about a block away from the original building, we try to find help. A realty office is around the corner, so we go in there. I get them to call the authorities while I try to explain what is happening.

A woman from my place of work comes into the office, but she is dressed like the "security" people. She shoots the lady who called the authorities. I pull the gun away from her and shoot her, but she just seems to absorb the bullets as she rambles about end times, the computer program from earlier, and random gibberish. She eventually melts into a blob.

We step out of the realty office in time to see four huge airships fly into the area with each ship stopping to hover over a corner of the high-rise building where I work. The ships turn on end and land, effectively surrounding the building and proceed to seal it away from the rest of the world.

I know I'm paranoid, but that was way too f**ked up even for me, especially with this computer program that keeps popping up in relation to work.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:24 AM »

Early this morning I dreamed that a colleague and I were having very vigorous and very athletic sex: me dressed as Dame Joan Collins and my [male] colleague all in very tight leather. Nice way to start off the morning.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »

I don't remember most of my dream last night, only that there was a Vincent Price movie where his intended murder plan was ruined because he killed somebody's pet gorilla. 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange dream depository « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.