Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:56 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange dream depository « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39
Author Topic: strange dream depository  (Read 202055 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:01 AM »

I was on a yacht with a bunch of old friends. We were all lying down. One was in the mast, playing with a water cannon and saying we should buy three yachts and use them to pick up girls. I called up to him, laughing: "yeah, because there's nothing girls like more than being sprayed with a water cannon."

I turned to my friend Rob (who's been dead for a couple years now) and said, "last time I was talking to you I wanted to say..."

Just then I was interrupted by the feeling of a hand closing around my throat. I looked around to try to see who was strangling me. I woke up.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »

I was having to give a presentation on digital cameras with some law school classmates at a lake front amphitheatre when someone in the previous group fell into the water, and we were just getting started with our presentation when the instructors decided to call the whole thing off.  And I was really p**sed because I had spent so much time getting ready and that was all wasted now, but everyone else was trying to calm me down and saying I shouldn't be p**sed off cause the guy in front of me fell into the water.   

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2017, 10:50:56 AM »

I was on my way to jail with my dad for something that was an honest mistake 

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »

I was walking across a college campus (I think I was there for a speaking engagement; I know I wasn't a student), and a lioness came walking out onto the quad, roaring and terrorizing everyone.  Despite people yelling at me to get away, I walked up and put my hand on top of its head and pushed it towards the ground.  She pulled back and charged me again, and I kept doing the same thing - putting my hand on top of its head and pushing firmly down, so that it couldn't turn and bite me.  After the fourth time or so, the lioness rolled over and showed its belly, and I put it on a leash and walked off the quad towards the building I was heading for.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »

I was "riffing" on a movie with some professional comedians. It was a kid's cartoon, but for some reason it started with a live clip of beggars in India. I said "Amputation, degradation, humiliation... it's like any given episode of 'The Jerry Springer Show!'" The comics thought that was really funny.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2017, 04:13:17 AM »

A former mentor and colleague of mine passed on about two weeks ago and I didn't attend her funeral as I was too distraught. Two nights ago I dreamed that I was walking around a corner and I bumped into her, giving her a scare and making her swear the air blue. It was nice to see her again and I gave her a hug too.  Smile

I just realized that she was saying goodbye to me there, so that was comforting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:21:59 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:34 AM »

Last night I dreamt that I'd quit my job and moved to the north of England to attend university in Newcastle Upon Tyne. My family kept flipping between living in Newcastle and living where I live now...practically on a sentence by sentence basis...so I remember feeling genuinely quite confused. the weirdest bit was that in order to get to the reception of the University campus I had to drive my car into a bay which would unlock a panel on the wall containing a suitcase which folded out into what looked like a mobility scooter without a seat (It was standing only) but was in fact a Jetski. I then had to Jetski across what was at some points in the day a lake and at other points an ocean. a colleague from my actual days at university cameo'd in this dream briefly to tell me that he was on a similar course to myself and to watch out because (And Im using his words here) "They're all bastards who'll try to take "It" away" (I never saw him again in the dream, I dont know what "It" is and in real life I havent thought about him in nearly 5 years) there was also a woman in the dream with Blonde shoulder lenghth semi frizzy hair and a burgendy Jumper and jeans...she spoke to me but either words didnt come out or I havent remembered what she said but it seemed important...I've never seen this woman in real life and I dont know the significance honestly...the dream ended rather abruptly when I got on my jetski; got halfway across the ocean and the jetski suddenly started sinking. I was soaking wet and taking on Brine when I woke up at 5:20am (A full hour and a half before I had to get up) and couldnt settle again after that...not the absolute weirdest dream but odd and unsettling enough...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »

Dreamed I adopted a bunch of two-headed dogs.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2017, 05:41:26 PM »

People to Disinvite to My Next Birthday Party

1. People who change their underwear less frequently than Trevor.
2. Dead people (i.e. Zombies)
3. People who are covered in fuzzy little bugs.
4. Drunkards
5. People who play games I have never heard of.
6. Any others?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2017, 03:16:52 AM »

People to Disinvite to My Next Birthday Party

1. People who change their underwear less frequently than Trevor.
2. Dead people (i.e. Zombies)

1. I will turn up anyway  Wink
2. My special niece and nephew call me Uncle Zombie so  Wink

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:02 AM »

Last night I had a terrible time, not feeling well all evening, didn't sleep so much as fell into this night-long tormented shallow delirium-filled inner void in which it seemed like I had one dream over the course of hours, this unpleasant recurring theme from which there was no escape, centering on Odin from Douglas Adams' The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2017, 07:06:30 AM »

A weird one this morning: I dreamed there was some drunk idiot playing the fiddle outside my flat and when I went to the bathroom, everything had been stolen, including the toilet.*  Buggedout

* I now have nothing to go on  Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2017, 01:52:24 AM »

I dreamed I was on a bus and Dennis Miller was there: I asked him how Bill O'Reilly was and he shook his head sadly and walked away.  Question

TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2018, 05:29:22 AM »

Okay; so I had one of the weirdest and most symbolic dreams that I've had in a very long time last night and this thread was pretty much the first place I thought to drop it off at. it is a little bit long winded but it does end with me effectively telling god hes talking "Bollocks" so...y'know.

First some minor backstory: I'm currently fully employed but looking to change jobs, I work for a small video company as a film editor and the manager of the department but a growing number of issues are arising (Mainly to do with proximity (I live quite far away from the offices and they're talking about relocating soon to somewhere potentially even further away making my commute untenable), my pay being well below the average for the position I run and other elements of office politics (Mainly with how my department is being treated) I've applied for several jobs over the last few weeks and theres one in particular im very hopeful will come through because the pays double what im currently earning, its half the distance, it's a bigger company that behaves more professionally and if nothing else if I do get offered the position I can use it somewhat to my advantage to try and wrangle better pay and more flexibility from my current employer (As with it being a small business they really cant afford to lose staff) this in turn may help resolve a lot of the office politics issues that I have. I've also quite recently signed myself up to several courses including Teacher training, management and IT support all for various reasons (I've always wanted an IT qualification, as I work as a manager it would be nice to have at least some basic training as to what the role actually is supposed to involve and teacher training is always a valulable qualification to have if im ever stuck for work or want to potentially move into lecturing) but with the main reason being self betterment.

But anyway onto my dream! so! I wake up in my own bed only instead of going to work that day it's revealed that I've signed myself up to go back to school to study languages. Now apart from the fact that im terrible at languages, I have no idea what language i've signed up to even learn. So I find out that the course i've signed myself up for is being taught at my old high school. the building I used to attend was knocked down and rebuilt about 6 years ago; but in my dream I arrived to what could only be described as a construction site. half the building was the old one I remembered the other half was being built by several mature students on building courses (I suppose thats one way to learn on the job!) so I go into my class and immediately hit it off with two other students who i've never seen before in my life nor can I describe them.

And thus a "Plesent valley sunday" style montage begins as I sort of "Out of body" see myself studying, reading loads of books, having a laugh with my new random friends and giving presentations...this montage goes on for way to long but eventually I get back into my body just in time for the day of "The big test!" im walking to the exam hall with my mates and it suddenly hits me "OH NO! I DIDNT STUDY!"...only it's deeper than that because I very quickly realise that not only did I not study for the big test but that also The montage where I was seen learning all about the course was completely pointless and that I hadnt learnt a thing since i'd first walked in on my first day!.

I tell my friends that im completely lost and that I dont even know what language i've been studying and they guide me down to the main reception of the building (I believe because they thought I was sick) I walk through a set of double doors into the reception and my friends instantly dissapear and im stood in a reception waiting room watching the receptionist from my old high school aged to how she must look now, trying her hardest to help to british courtroom judges carry a load of heavy suitcases to a nearby lecture they were giving to law students. I offer to help out and I go over to see what I can do only to get absolutely distracted because wedged in a gap between the entrance doors to the building and a wall is about a 15 foot alcove with set back seating going about 6 rows back and about 10 foot high filled with a mixture of actual celebrities and celebrity impersonators. most of the impersonators were awful (one that stuck out by a mile was a Barrack Obama impersonator who was about a foot and a half too short...in all honestly he looked more like the actor Phil Lewis...) they looked a bit like a jury only it was bizarre to see them all crammed into this 15 foot long, 10 foot high alcove.

One of the celebrities on the bench however was Will Ferrell who was right at the back of the benches and who, having seen the judges struggling, jumped down off his seat and silently started trying to help pick up suitcases as well...that was when I heard the explosions going off...I told the judges Id be right back and headed over to the entrance doors (Which were made of glass) and I saw what I can only describe as 2 massive mobs of people throwing fireworks at each other in the school courtyard. it was like a sequence from Lizstomania coupled with a scene from Saving private ryan. the two sides fighting were all heavily inspired by internet and meme culture. there were large groups line dancing, anonymous masks were rife there were banners being waved with the 4chan clover and pepe the frog, drinking, drugs, loud music full blown pandamonium, and the explosions were pretty much deafening seriously I cant describe how mad that part of my dream was...it was like for a brief second my dream had been hijacked by Ken Russell.

So Im looking out over the warfair while While behind me Will Ferrell is still helping the judges carry there stuff up a massive flight of stairs when through the smoke and the music and screaming I see a speck running along the courtyard flailing and begging to be let in. I turn to the receptionist who tells me she locked the doors for safety and that she would let whoever it was in if I knew them I looked closer and it turns out this speck was an old teacher I had when I was in college, he was a really nice guy and we ended up going to university together in real life (He was a substitute teacher who took over my class for a year when my original teacher had to take maternity leave) so he's banging on the doors begging to be let in and after some hesitation the recptionist does open the doors for him. he collapses into the front entrance before getting up, dusting himself off. greeting me and walking over to will, Will drops the judges cases and the two go over to a quite corner for a moment to have a word...I cant quite make out whats being said but very shortly after they started talking my teacher friend suddenly erupts and screams "THAT WAS MY LAST £8 WILL! I WAS SUPPOSED TO SEE MY KID TODAY!" (Im pretty sure in real life he doesnt have children) Will then storms off down a nearby corridor and my friend abruptly walks back out into the warzone. My friends usually very chilled so I was a bit shocked. thats when completely out of the blue...and I still dont know why this happened. Jonah Ray walks down from the alcove jury, puts his hand on my shoulder, says "lets go and get him" and he just walks flat out into the battle as well...at this point I run out after the two of them deeply confused as to why Jonah is there and even more confused about the significance of Will Ferrell and even FURTHER confused as to why my mate was so upset. So I run out into the battle and everythings going to hell out there but after ducking and diving some explosions and the odd fist/knife fight I spot Jonah walking down a narrow side alley that linked the front and back of the school buildings.

I duck and weave through the crowds and eventually get to the alley way and its a bit like a wizard of oz moment; because as I run down the allyway the violent screams get quieter, the sun gets brighter and everything gets a lot more colourful suddenly im walking down a wide road, there are people pushing bikes full of flowers and everything has suddently gone very middle england I see Jonah off in the distance and thats when I realise to my left Im walking past a massively long building that has seemingly been refurbished to look like Noahs ark but its only half built and seemingly decorated with flowers. I run down the street and Jonah holds an entrance door for me, when I catch up I say "Whats this?" he says "Oh; its a replica of Noahs ark, the woodwork department and the horticultural society really came together on this one. Stewarts up on the roof right now fixing the flooring...wanna come and help?" I say "Sure" and we climb what I can only describe as a very VERY narrow turret staircase the steps of flimsy, its about as wide as the average office chair and the celing is very low to the point where at times I was effectively crawling. and the stairs just went on...and on...and on...much longer and winding that the outside height of the building. eventually we reach a hatch and at this point im effectively crushedagainst the roof. Jonah opens the hatch climbs up into the roof and I pop my head up through the hatch entrance to see 90's alternative comic Stewart Lee wearing a pair of overalls holding a nail in his mouth effectively nailing flooring down to the beams of the roof.

I say "Hey" he goes "Hello...yer alright?" I say "Yeh not too bad...hell of a climb though" he says "Yeh most people dont get up here...so y'know...well done...I suppose" theres a long pause. Jonah dissapears behind a chimney pot for a bit at this point. Stewart says "So what course were you studying here?" I say "Well...originally film...but im doing languages here...but I dont even know what language im supposed to be learning and I have a big test today!" he says "Well it seems a bit pointless going to do an exam for a subject you know nothing about" I said "Your not wrong. I dnt even now why I bothered doing this course...its a pointless thing to learn for me and I have no real use for it" Stewart says "Yeh...its amazing how people will do pointless things for years and years and get nowhere with them...then again I suppose some people just need the right pointing in the right direction" I sort of gave him a reassuring nod as if to say "Yer not wrong" and there was another large silence while he got back to work...eventually stewart broke the silence again to say "So what were you doing before you signed up to do this course?" I said "I was a film editor" he says "that sounds like a quite interesting job...why did you want to give that up for languages?" I said "Well I dont know why im doing languages I just woke up one morning and found out that was what I was doing...but I quit my job because of various reasons" (Which I then explained in lenghth to Stewart who just sat there sort of absorbing what I was saying.

So I say what I mentioned at the beginning...about how proximity was an issue...that the pay wasnt right, that I was fed up with the office politics and how some of the staff members seemed genuinely out to make my job as difficult as possible and I suggested that the reason why I chose to go back to education was to retrain for a job I didnt have yet and there was another brief silence while Stewart mulled over what I'd said. he then quite thoughtfully says "...Just because something doesnt work now; doesnt mean it wont ever work. You've had a few rough months. im sure things will improve..."

And then I woke up. and for the briefest of split seconds that sentence "Just because something doesnt work now; doesnt mean it wont ever work" rang in my head and I thought very briefly "Yeh...hey thats not a bad way to look at things...maybe I shouldnt throw the baby out with the bath water"...but then almost immediately after that I woke up a bit more and thought "Hang on...no he's talking bollocks." and that irritated me so much I actually tried to go back to sleep to have words with him about his suggestion. and you know what? Normally it doesnt work but today it did! I closed my eyes and ended up back in that loft! Stewart looked at me and before he could say anything I quickly splurted out "Your talking bollocks mate; its sticking to things no matter how badly they hurt or effect us that allows domestic abuse to go on for years!"...there was another overly long pause and after a long period of silence stewart said "Ahhh...." (which is a catchphrase he used to repeatedly use in the mid 90s to basically say "But think about it properly" I said "No not Ahh!" echoing another catchphrase he used in the 90's and he got up walked over to the same chimney pot, walked behind it and dissapeared. I climbed into the rafters and started trying to follow him and then my alarm went off and i woke up just before I turned the corner...I felt tired and deeply confused/depressed. I grabbed a note pad and wrote pretty much all this down. Will Farell had no further involvment in the dream...

So yeah...depending on how you look at things I either had a completely random and totally scattershot dream filled with random minor (And one semi major) celebrities...or all of this was symbolism in which I find myself drifting aimlessly not understanding how I got here or where im going, an observer rather than an active member of society. watching battles and arguments unfold but not getting involved and all of this eventually led me to literally climb into heaven and tell god or Jesus that he doesnt know what he's on about...and that was just the START of my day!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2018, 08:47:31 AM »

Dreamed about ER---no kidding! Attractive lady, red hair. Though she acted more like another online friend of mine, always eager to impress. Anyway, she moved into an apartment on the same floor as me (I don't live in an apartment, but hey). She tore down all the walls to make one long room, with windows along the entire outside wall, and invited everyone over.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange dream depository « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.