Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:15:05 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: Film endings that made you cry?  (Read 136496 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »

Marley and Me (2008) very nearly made me cry. It did make my girlfriend cry.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
DeepBlueNothing
Dedicated Viewer

Ducks say moo!

« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »

Voices of A Distant Star: It just made me tear up at the end.

The Glacier Fox: Because most of the adult foxes didn't survive save for one adult male and his dad. It is a very sad and painful movie to watch about the glacier fox family as they die off one by one in very cruel ways.The first half of the movie is very beautiful at the beginning when the male fox meets the vixen, but in a deceptive way. A fox cub who is blind is the first one to die, when he gets too close to the ocean and is swept away. Then the vixen loses her life due to a leg trap and bleeding to death after tearing her leg off trying to get away. the father is left to raise the pups on his own to adulthood. The other cruel deaths take place after the foxes become adults and have long since left the dad.

E.T.:Whenever E.T. hugs Elliot in the end before leaving for his spaceship makes also tear up.

Ben:I cried when I saw this because of the rats being killed with the flame throwers when I was kid, and the boy with the heart condition crying thinking Ben is dead. Even though Ben shows up in the boy's room, he's still in bad shape and you don't know if he gets to live or not. The Jackson Five song didn't help either.

The Golden Seal: This one started the water works because the boy is crying because he has no choice but to let the seal mom and her pup leave, otherwise his father and the other hunters will try to kill them for their golden fur. He had become attached to the seal after both the dog and her puppies die from an illness earlier in the film.

Toy Story 3: I had to hold back my tears because of being in a dentist office surrounded by other people.

Parts of movies that made me cry:

One I can think of is the Neverending Story. The part where Atreyu's horse Artax becomes sad, and sinks into the Swamps Of Sadness. And the part later on where the Rockbiter says"They look like big strong hands,don't they?" to Atreyu. Then he explains to him he was trying to hold to his friends, the man with the racing snail and the troll with the stupid bat. But the Nothing snatched them away, and so he's now sitting and waiting for it to take him away as well.

Dumbo: The whole scene while Baby Mine was playing especially while Dumbo's mother cradles him and rocks him in her trunk.

TV Shows:
Now And Then, Here And There: I couldn't watch all the episodes, they were too painful for me to go on. The ending theme song always gets to me every time.

Futurama: Jurassic Bark, along with the space bee episode (where Fry supposedly dies and keeps telling Lelah to wake up), and the episode where Fry thinks that his brother had stolen his 7 leaf clover and his identity. But then he discovers that it really was his nephew named after him, when he goes to his grave.

Fullmetal Alchemist:Night Of The Chimera's Cry episode. When Edward and Al run after Nina who was turned into a chimera by her selfish and greedy father, Tucker, only to be too late in trying to save her. Scar had felt her pain when he found her in the alleyway, and decided to end her suffering by placing his hand on her head,and using his powers to blow her to pieces.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2013, 01:16:24 AM »

The happy / sad ending of Fluke always gets me good and that wonderful score: wow.

I wonder what Brother Odinn7 would think of Samuel L. Jackson as the voice of a squirrel?  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
MrMari
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2013, 06:00:10 AM »

Life is Beautiful (How has this not been mentioned?)
UP (Didn't see that one coming at all)
The Pursuit of Happiness (If you are a father of a son and don't cry at this movie, check your pulse)
Million Dollar Baby (Man that one was depressing)

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2013, 02:16:48 AM »

I hate to admit it, but the ending of Firestarter -where Drew Barrymore goes to the New York Times building, looks up and says "I'm doing it, Daddy: I love you" - yowza. I saw that this morning and I got all choked up waiting for the bus later.

Vaporman87
Purveyor of relief to the nostalgia bug
Dedicated Viewer

Overlord of RetroDaze

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:51 AM »

Watership Down, The Green Mile, Armageddon, The Passion of The Christ, ... and a few others.

All Your Memories Are Belong To Us.   www.retro-daze.com
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:22 PM »

Friends with Benefits....

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2013, 07:56:31 AM »

I'd tell you if the forum had a "spoilers" option that hides my post.

Wink

Hammock Rider

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.....There's a punch in the gut.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2013, 02:08:53 AM »

The ending of Roland Joffe's The Killing Fields  Bluesad Bluesad but also very much  Smile Smile

Sydney Schanberg: "Forgive me?"
Dith Pran: "Nothing to forgive, Sydney. Nothing."

Add to that John Lennon's Imagine over the sequence and you have one blubbering South African.

VenomX73

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »

Gladiator (2000)  Twirling

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »

Wreck-It Ralph.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »

Voices of A Distant Star: It just made me tear up at the end.

Ben:I cried when I saw this because of the rats being killed with the flame throwers when I was kid, and the boy with the heart condition crying thinking Ben is dead. Even though Ben shows up in the boy's room, he's still in bad shape and you don't know if he gets to live or not. The Jackson Five song didn't help either.

Agreed. Ben limps into the boy's room, squealing in pain and discomfort as the song plays in the background. That was very heart-wrenching seeing it as a young boy.Seen it in the theatre, cried, and my father made fun of me on top of it. He's an idiot that's been re-married 5 times anyway, so the joke's on him, lol

The Golden Seal: This one started the water works because the boy is crying because he has no choice but to let the seal mom and her pup leave, otherwise his father and the other hunters will try to kill them for their golden fur. He had become attached to the seal after both the dog and her puppies die from an illness earlier in the film.

Yeah, that and the one Benji film where the hunter kills the mountain lion, and then Benji finds the orphaned cubs and carries them out to safety by the backs of their necks one by one.

Dumbo: The whole scene while Baby Mine was playing especially while Dumbo's mother cradles him and rocks him in her trunk.

Give the man 64 dollars. That one hit us all.

I'll add the end of Dances With Wolves, when Wind-In-His-Hair is on top of the hill on his horse, shouting 'Dances With Wolves' over and over again in Lakota as Costner is leaving the camp. It was magnificent scenery too, on his horse holding the spear over his head as his hair was blowing in the wind. Made me truly proud to be American, and still does.

Godzilla vs. Destroyer, when Godzilla melts down at the end as they play his swan song in the background, as he lets out that one final pain-filled growl and just dissolves into radioactive glitter. It was the end of our old, original buddy  Bluesad

TV Shows:

Leave it To Beaver: Whenever Ward would punish Wally and Beaver, or sit them down and calmly and gently explain the facts of life as the orchestrated music played inthe background. I won't go into a long bit, but let me say abut Ward, "now there's a father."  The last TRUE American family sitcom, period.

More as I think of them.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »

Men In Black 3 got me

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2013, 01:02:29 AM »

I've seen Shawshank Redemption around 10 times in my life. I've always really enjoyed it, but for some reason today I got misty eyed at the end for the first time.

I always cry from the time that Red decides to change his life for the better ("Get busy living or get busy dying") to the end. In fact, I'm getting a little misty-eyed just typing this, remembering the first time I saw this.  Bluesad

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Film endings that made you cry? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.