Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:35 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S A CULT, I TELLS YA!!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: IT'S A CULT, I TELLS YA!!!!  (Read 13220 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »

You do realize my post was a joke, yes? I'm not so sure. My dry sense of humor gets me in trouble all the time.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »

This whole thread is pretty tongue in cheek, actually. TeddyR

But I don't think a guy putting his tongue in a pony's cheek is natural!!!! Buggedout BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »

I've said it before that it's one of the cleverest and most entertaining of my daughter's shows, from my point of view. How could I not love a cartoon ostensibly aimed at little girls that pays homage to Benny Hill in more than one episode.
Small | Large

That bit is funny in a way kids can appreciate, but Dad can enjoy it on a whole other level. And actually, that whole episode with the bird was hilarious.

And this episode had my daughter and me laughing out loud:
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »

This actually begins to make perfect sense in some ways. I've never watched it. However, parents often end up watching tv shows with their little ones, and if the show is entertaining, it can start off a wave of genuine appreciation. The college kids start appeciating it from a largely ironic level, and then, eventually, even they begin to appreciate the thing genuinely at some point. It's not unlike bad movies in a way. When the camp appreciation of bad movies started in the 70's, it was strictly an ironic appreciation. Eventually, people started appeciating many of these bad movies on a genuine, unironic level. Some of these appreciations become fads. I remember in the 1980's there was a cult-like surge of Gumby appreciation. I saw quite a few Gumby t-shirts.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it, Indy.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »

Makes me think of this commercial

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »

I've enjoyed several kids shows as an adult...this isn't one of them.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »

The chugging sound you hear is forum members drinking the Kool-Aid!  TeddyR Cheers

I must concur; as a gender, we need to discard the glitterization of our gene, and substitute....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »

You do realize my post was a joke, yes? I'm not so sure. My dry sense of humor gets me in trouble all the time.

Perhaps it was, but there is this....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »

You all should know I'm looking through this thread with my 3yr old boy (the one hitting me on the head in the avatar). I quote my son: "I wanna see another horsey again". There's a reason adults watch these shows, kids draw us in.

hot he also requested I put that here  Cheers

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »

I always thought the goal behind the show was to make a show for little girls that didn't suck and didn't make parents want to shoot themselves when they watched it with their kids. Because let's face it, most shows aimed at little girls seemed to think that their audience was comprised of idiots who would be amused for hours on end solely by sparkles and bright colours.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »

Because let's face it, most shows aimed at little girls seemed to think that their audience was comprised of idiots who would be amused for hours on end solely by sparkles and bright colours.

That seems to be the approach most womens' magazines take as well  Bluesad

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »

You know..it amazes me.  No matter how nerdy a hobby or hobbyist... there are depths to which one will not sink!

Frankly I enjoy my kid's shows, most of em anyhow.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »

Small | Large

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 06:58:50 PM »

I find it very interesting that the reaction that guys liking something aimed at girls is often "what's wrong with them? They shouldn't be liking that. Are they gay or something?" but any girl or woman of any age liking something aimed at boys isn't often given a second thought.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

The chugging sound you hear is forum members drinking the Kool-Aid!  TeddyR Cheers

I must concur; as a gender, we need to discard the glitterization of our gene, and substitute....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whG709cszo4
Yeh that is quite manly... that enormous rifle firing all them shots, starring CHUCK CONNORS as the Rifleman... a single man with JOHNNY CRAWFORD as his motherless son...  Buggedout  Now that is glitter-free. 
Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:18:51 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S A CULT, I TELLS YA!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.