Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:28:58 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S A CULT, I TELLS YA!!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: IT'S A CULT, I TELLS YA!!!!  (Read 13229 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »

I find it very interesting that the reaction that guys liking something aimed at girls is often "what's wrong with them? They shouldn't be liking that. Are they gay or something?" but any girl or woman of any age liking something aimed at boys isn't often given a second thought.

We live in a very interesting society these days.  If you don't fit into a particular stereotype or do something against the norm, you are mocked and people think there is something wrong with you.  This may have been going on for awhile, but with the Internet nowadays makes it much more obvious and large scale.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 01:45:48 AM »

A similar discussion arose when I gave my opinion on the show. It has nothing to do with masculinity. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is simply, a comedy. A children's comedy. And a damn good one.

There are however references that only adults will get.

-Benny Hill
-Big Lebowski
-Doctor Who

Pilgermann

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:23 AM »

I knew there were new My Little Pony toys that looked ugly as hell but I didn't know there was a new-ish cartoon.  While I don't particularly care for the design (most cartoons and modern graphic design in general is a hideous thing that I don't feel like ranting about; that will be my mini-rant) it actually seems kind of funny.  The second clip that Andy C posted wasn't bad at all!  Um, when is this aired and on what channel?  I'm not gonna watch it of course, uh, no way...

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »

I knew there were new My Little Pony toys that looked ugly as hell but I didn't know there was a new-ish cartoon.  While I don't particularly care for the design (most cartoons and modern graphic design in general is a hideous thing that I don't feel like ranting about; that will be my mini-rant) it actually seems kind of funny.  The second clip that Andy C posted wasn't bad at all!  Um, when is this aired and on what channel?  I'm not gonna watch it of course, uh, no way...

It's on a children's cartoon channel called Hub. It's on every Saturday at 10:00 AM ET. I either watch it live from Brony streams or I wait for the YouTube release. It takes a few hours for the episode to hit YouTube though. When it does the resolution goes up to 1080p and it's actually very beautiful.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 08:36:25 AM »

Yeh that is quite manly... that enormous rifle firing all them shots, starring CHUCK CONNORS as the Rifleman... a single man with JOHNNY CRAWFORD as his motherless son...  Buggedout  Now that is glitter-free.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAeNmUjj_18

Yep, boys should be encouraged to watch manly things like:
Mad Max

Shwarzenegger movies

or maybe Top Gun
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »

Pony style!

Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »

Top Gear as Ponies?!?!?!
Small | Large

Twirling

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »

I hereby dub this thread, weird pony-movie crossover thread!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:09:25 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »

Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »

CONAN! What is good?
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »

As long as we are sharing trailers...

Small | Large

This one is for Indy since he loves Lord of the Rings so much:  TeddyR

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »

I've recently heard about this craze and decided to jump into this thread late.  I haven't watched it but now I just may.  Either that or wait for my daughter to catch up age wise to it.  Then when she does I shall watch it and put on a dress.

Sidenote, I secretely watched Jem and She-ra as a kid and ended up ok.........well maybe not.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »

I've recently heard about this craze and decided to jump into this thread late.  I haven't watched it but now I just may.  Either that or wait for my daughter to catch up age wise to it.  Then when she does I shall watch it and put on a dress.

Sidenote, I secretely watched Jem and She-ra as a kid and ended up ok.........well maybe not.   Bluesad

Wouldn't recommend the first two episodes. They don't really leave a good first impression, especially episode two.

InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »

Wouldn't recommend the first two episodes. They don't really leave a good first impression, especially episode two.

Frankly I would.  They work well enough to introduce the characters, the world they live in, establishes the concept of why there is a moral in each episode, show the kind of humor the series works.  While not nearly as a good as the episodes to follow, the opening ones are important and should be watched.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »

My Little Pony? WTF? Huh? I may be the only person here who has absolutley NO clue what this is all about...I thought that was some kinda toy-

Small | Large

So it's been subverted into a warped cartoon for grown ups?
My Little Pony? BULLs**t!

Small | Large
  Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S A CULT, I TELLS YA!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.