Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:47:00 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Favorite Hamburger Toppings « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your Favorite Hamburger Toppings  (Read 7340 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »

I observe a pretty balanced diet overall, but one of my favorite things is a good burger. As a mild Tarantino fan, I've sometimes found myself wishing there really was a Big Kahuna Burger.

Usually I prefer the traditional toppings: lettuce, onion, tomato, mustard, and maybe a little mayo. However, tomato has to be ripe tomato, otherwise I don't want it touching my burger. I also like pickle, but I actually prefer a dill spear on the side rather than chips on the burger.

Sometimes I like a barbeque burger, with the sauce and maybe a couple of onion rings.

There's a chain restaurant, I don't know if they are nationwide, called Islands that does a burger with Guacamole on it that is fantastic. Messy as hell, and fantastic.

And just every once in a while I love me a chili burger, with chili, cheese, onions, and maybe a little mustard. Anybody who has spent any time in Los Angeles knows of the legenday Tommy's chili burger.

I also like doing a burger with nothing but a roasted green chile (like Ortega chiles) and some pepper-jack cheese.

Whatever the combination, I am definitey a cheese guy. I can't remember the last time I ate a burger without cheese.

Anyway, the hamburger, as it is done in the U.S., gained prominence in the early 20th Century and became a staple part of Americana. As corny as it sounds, the name does originate from Hamburg, Germany, although the original meaning of the word as it pertains to sandwiches was quite different to Germans.

So what are your favorite hamburger toppings?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:20:41 AM »

Horse radish,Mayo-(Hellmans) musterd,tomato,lettuce,sliced cucumbers if I got it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »

Ketchup
Mayo
Lettuce
Pepper
Cheese
Bacon
Pickles

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »

Cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard and pickle.  Pickle can kind of make it or break it - too much and that's all you can taste;  just right and it's awesome.  Though a dill pickle on the side is very good too.

I actually prefer potato chips instead of fries with it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »

Cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard and pickle.  Pickle can kind of make it or break it - too much and that's all you can taste;  just right and it's awesome.  Though a dill pickle on the side is very good too.

I forgot to mention that I love a good bacon cheese burger once in a while too. I wouldn't say I prefer chips to fries, but I do enjoy chips with a burger. My favorite side is still onion rings, though.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »

I forgot to mention that I love a good bacon cheese burger once in a while too. I wouldn't say I prefer chips to fries, but I do enjoy chips with a burger. My favorite side is still onion rings, though.
Favorite side-fried mushrooms,baby!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »

well here goes:
Fried egg
grilled onions
raw red onions
arugula
mayo
pickles
American cheese
Swiss Cheese
Provolone cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese

never really liked bacon on a burger, nor Mustard, nor Ketchup, Lettuce, Tomatoes.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 12:43:04 PM »

I'm a bit picky when it comes to raw onions and tomatoes on my burger. Both should be thinly sliced. If they are too thick I usually take them off the burger.
I don't mind Hamburger relish, and occasionally I will add a slice of red beet, fried egg and Gorgonzola.
I also prefer shredded lettuce.
Sometimes I'll only add mozzarella and mild ajvar. Deeeelicious.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:37:17 PM by claws » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »

Onion rings are heavenly.  But they can be like a meal in themselves.   Smile

Favorite recipe:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/thick-cut-o-rings-and-spicy-dipping-sauce-recipe/index.html

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »

Cheese, jalapeno slices and a thin tomato slice - with kettle chips and a big dill pickle on the side.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »

Cheese, jalapeno slices and a thin tomato slice - with kettle chips and a big dill pickle on the side.
Jalapenos are swell-but my gut f**ks with me in me old age-so I cant eat alot of what I like. Cant eat too much Lousiana Hot Sauce or Tabasco lately either. Bluesad

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ChaosTheory

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »

Jalapenos are swell-but my gut f**ks with me in me old age-so I cant eat alot of what I like. Cant eat too much Lousiana Hot Sauce or Tabasco lately either. Bluesad

So far I'm pretty lucky that I can still eat hot stuff.  It's deep fried things that wreak havoc on my system. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 02:34:54 PM »

This thread reminds me of some old memories of mine. Anybody ever have what I call a "British Burger?" When I first went over to the U.K., which would be about forty years ago, the principal hamburger chain at that time was one called Wimpy's. Now that the Burger Kings and McDonalds have taken over the U.K., it may not exist anymore, but it was still the principle hamburger chain in the U.K. at that time, and as some of us were hungry, we stopped in. Maybe because it was seemingly the only place open that late at night. And boy, was it different from what I was use to in the U.S. The burger was a plain burger. No bun. Just a plain burger. Fries or chips as they call 'em came with it. Actually, I think chips came with everything on the menu. If you wanted it, you could get a fried egg with your plain burger. The catsup or ketchup had all the taste and consistency of vinegar. But good times for all that.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »

Stabdard toppings:

* Cheese (often cheddar, but bleu cheese burgers are awesome, especially if you use a decent quality of cheese)
* Pickles
* Onions
* Mushrooms
* Ketchup
* Mustard
* Salt
* Pepper

When I'm feeling frisky, one or more of these might do the trick:

* Guacamole
* Bacon
* Green peppers
* Barbecue sauce
* "Special" sauces (like the sauce McDonald's puts on Big Macs)

Sometimes, I also use lettuce and tomatoes.  But I think you need to be careful.  A huge tomato slice or too much lettuce can overpower the burger.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:53:31 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 09:36:04 AM »

Depends on who is making the burger really.  Fast food places like BK and Wendys I'll get a plain cheeseburger usually.  If its a sit down place like Red Robin, Johnny Rockets, Five Guys I'll opt for cheese, mushrooms, mayo and grilled onions.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Favorite Hamburger Toppings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.