Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:22:45 PM
714381 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 108713 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:38 AM »

1. With the exception of 13 (which was fine) and 30 (which was great!), all my other iconic years, 16, 21, 25, have been rough times, so considering that I am facing 40 in two years, I am thinking of building a bomb shelter.

2. I have twice posted 2T&AL offerings here that no one guessed at, leaving me feeling like they must've been too tough for you guys, so...I won!

3. One of my friends took correspondence courses from the Church of Satan and said people have the wrong idea about them, they are actually all about human freedom.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »

Hmm.  Let's go for Door Number One!

sadly this is true

ear wax build up lead to hearing issues so I bought ear drops and a ear wax remover to help - they seem to be working

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2017, 07:07:27 PM »

1. With the exception of 13 (which was fine) and 30 (which was great!), all my other iconic years, 16, 21, 25, have been rough times, so considering that I am facing 40 in two years, I am thinking of building a bomb shelter.

2. I have twice posted 2T&AL offerings here that no one guessed at, leaving me feeling like they must've been too tough for you guys, so...I won!

3. One of my friends took correspondence courses from the Church of Satan and said people have the wrong idea about them, they are actually all about human freedom.

I'm going with #3 but only on the first part as the Church of Satan really was a about human/secular freedom, a festival of earthly pleasure and pain. Oh, look, Cenobites!  Buggedout

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2017, 09:16:21 PM »

1) I have an ear wax problem

2) I once peed on someones car

3) in grade school one of my classmates brought a bottle of alcohol to school

Hmm.  3 then?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2017, 11:07:40 PM »

I'm going with #3 but only on the first part as the Church of Satan really was a about human/secular freedom, a festival of earthly pleasure and pain. Oh, look, Cenobites!  Buggedout
UR kreckt sir, #3 twas.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2017, 04:03:20 AM »

UR kreckt sir, #3 twas.

Holy Crap Cakes, Batman! I was right?!?!

And if the world falls apart on your 40th birthday, I'll know who to blame or thank, depending on how I'm feeling that day.   Cheers

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »

1) I have an ear wax problem

2) I once peed on someones car

3) in grade school one of my classmates brought a bottle of alcohol to school

Hmm.  3 then?

this also really happened

the kid who brought it to school was expelled, his parents arrested -- the kids who also drank from it were suspended and the DARE officer we previously had  gave our class a talk

I did not pee on someones car once, I merely spit on it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »

1. When we got engaged I told my husband that if he had a bachelor party we wouldn't be having a wedding.

2. I once tried to breathe in helium from a balloon to make my voice go funny and ended up sneezing and it made it sneeze sound like a whistle.

3. I have hugged Liz Phair.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »

1. When we got engaged I told my husband that if he had a bachelor party we wouldn't be having a wedding.

2. I once tried to breathe in helium from a balloon to make my voice go funny and ended up sneezing and it made it sneeze sound like a whistle.

Well you already told us about number one on a previous post (see we do pay attention). I have no idea who Liz Phair is, so I will go with 2.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »

Well you already told us about number one on a previous post (see we do pay attention). I have no idea who Liz Phair is, so I will go with 2.

Yes, though technically I have also posted three on here. But you're right about two. You guys are definitely too astute for me anymore, so I guess the challenge is on.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #340 on: July 30, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »

Yes, though technically I have also posted three on here. But you're right about two. You guys are definitely too astute for me anymore, so I guess the challenge is on.

You hugged Liz Phair? I would have kidnapped her. I like me some Liz Phair.  Twirling  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

And THIS is Liz Phair!

! No longer available Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:13:00 PM by javakoala » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:00 AM »

All right, raising the ante here if anyone wants to have a go. Five statements, any could be a truth, any could be a lie. Tall order, time intensive, not for the faint of heart, or for those possessing of other venues for free time....

Is each statement true or false?

Ready?

1. A friend of mine was looking for artifacts along a gravel bar in Texas years ago and there was a big cooler of ice with soft drinks in it and when his young daughter showed up late in the day he took out some ice and put it in a cup and gave it to her and she looked grossed out and he said what, and she said I don't eat ice out of a cooler, you guys have been peeing out here and reached into the cooler and touched the ice without washing your hands!

2. I used to buy cheesecake from a man who also drove a school bus, and who is now in prison for wiring his rental property with hidden cameras so he could spy on the young women living there.

3. My friend in Austin and I used to meet up online and play Medal of Honor Allied Assault through half the night while I was working outside the country, because it helped me with the time difference, and though he was technically Jewish, he always played a Nazi because he liked their weapons.

4. As a teenager I named my dog after The Cure's song Charlotte Sometimes, but once in a while used to fib and say she was named after the book with the same title, because it made me feel special to possess the pseudo-Gnostic knowledge that the novel inspired the song.

5. I grew up with our inground pool under my bedroom window, and I used to be obsessively drawn to the idea that I could leap from my window into the pool some distance out, across the concrete patio. My father explained the physics of my proposed feat and the unlikelihood I would make it, and pointed out the damage I would suffer from the impact, but I was undeterred, I absolutely was possessed by this urge to try it, but what stopped me was this guy I was in love with making me swear to him I never would, because, frankly, they were right, high odds I would have made it. Yet every time I drive by our old house I think....I could have done it....

All righty, anyone?

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2017, 11:01:06 PM »

1 when I was in high school I broke up a couple

2 The career center at my old college was very useful

3 I own an Atari

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2017, 07:48:47 AM »

All right, raising the ante here if anyone wants to have a go. Five statements, any could be a truth, any could be a lie. Tall order, time intensive, not for the faint of heart, or for those possessing of other venues for free time....

Is each statement true or false?

Ready?

1. A friend of mine was looking for artifacts along a gravel bar in Texas years ago and there was a big cooler of ice with soft drinks in it and when his young daughter showed up late in the day he took out some ice and put it in a cup and gave it to her and she looked grossed out and he said what, and she said I don't eat ice out of a cooler, you guys have been peeing out here and reached into the cooler and touched the ice without washing your hands! 

I think I shall call FALSE on that one.

2. I used to buy cheesecake from a man who also drove a school bus, and who is now in prison for wiring his rental property with hidden cameras so he could spy on the young women living there.

TRUE - possibly.  Certainly interesting.

3. My friend in Austin and I used to meet up online and play Medal of Honor Allied Assault through half the night while I was working outside the country, because it helped me with the time difference, and though he was technically Jewish, he always played a Nazi because he liked their weapons.

100% TRUE!!

4. As a teenager I named my dog after The Cure's song Charlotte Sometimes, but once in a while used to fib and say she was named after the book with the same title, because it made me feel special to possess the pseudo-Gnostic knowledge that the novel inspired the song.

Certainly sounds like you, so TRUE.

5. I grew up with our inground pool under my bedroom window, and I used to be obsessively drawn to the idea that I could leap from my window into the pool some distance out, across the concrete patio. My father explained the physics of my proposed feat and the unlikelihood I would make it, and pointed out the damage I would suffer from the impact, but I was undeterred, I absolutely was possessed by this urge to try it, but what stopped me was this guy I was in love with making me swear to him I never would, because, frankly, they were right, high odds I would have made it. Yet every time I drive by our old house I think....I could have done it....

I'll call TRUE on that one too.

All righty, anyone?

So how did I do?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2017, 07:49:32 AM »

1 when I was in high school I broke up a couple

2 The career center at my old college was very useful

3 I own an Atari

I'll say #2 is false, based on my knowledge of college career centers.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.