Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:24:36 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 106133 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »

1. I am having lunch today with a man who once bought a black market liver in Argentina, for his transplant.

2. When I was a kid I asked a Secret Service agent at a private party if he ever got airsick riding on helicopters, and he did not answer me or even look down at me, so I awkwardly walked away, my cheeks red.

3. I used to be friends with this guy in Texas who sailed on the SS Norway when he was a little boy, and when he met the captain, the first thing he asked him was, "Where would you put somebody if they died while we were sailing?" So the captain took this seven year old and showed him they had a genuine morgue aboard the vessel.

I'm gonna guess #2, because I don't see you giving up that easily even when you were a kid.

You got it!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »

Let me try this:

1.  When I was a teenager, I was nearly crushed by a 55-gallon barrel full of water while I rode in the back of my folk's pick-up truck.

2.  I walked in on two people having noisy sex on a vinyl couch in a kinda flop house I once lived in.

3.  My most viewed blog post is a squeaky-clean article called "Debra Blee -- Wet and Naked".

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »

1 during a power outage in college I was in the bathroom and struggled mightily to escape the stall in total darkness

2 I've been to over 20 concerts

3 I cursed like a sailor in one of my college classes on a regular basis because the professor started the cycle after cursing on the first day

1. Can only be true if you were awesomely inebriated, which, given that you were in college, well....

3. May be true, who knows, some professors do like to punctuate their ungrateful rants against white male dominance with liberal worship at the Church of the Eff-Bomb.

BUT

I like the sound of 2. being deceptive, because it could easily come with a Kafka-esque reveal that YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO A CONCERT IN YOUR LIFE!!!!

So we'll go with number two to win.

a winner is you

I've never been to a concert in my life

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2017, 01:50:21 PM »

Let me try this:

1.  When I was a teenager, I was nearly crushed by a 55-gallon barrel full of water while I rode in the back of my folk's pick-up truck.

2.  I walked in on two people having noisy sex on a vinyl couch in a kinda flop house I once lived in.

3.  My most viewed blog post is a squeaky-clean article called "Debra Blee -- Wet and Naked".

3 is too improbable to be a lie, 2 seems more likely, so I'll go with #1 as the lie.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2017, 01:58:13 PM »

Let me try this:

3 is too improbable to be a lie, 2 seems more likely, so I'll go with #1 as the lie.

Well, I got the title wrong, but that's my fault. Here's the link to the post for those interested: http://bargainbasementthrills.blogspot.com/2009/02/debra-blee-naked-and-wet.html

But, YES, 1 is the lie. I was actually about 7 and my TOM & JERRY and DONALD DUCK comic books, both brand new, were soaked in the incident. I didn't care that I was almost crushed; MY COMIC BOOKS WERE RUINED!!! Still makes me want to cry.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2017, 02:30:41 PM »

Okay, these are not mine, they are from my friend, who gamely and without being bolstered by me explaining why she should, replied to my email request that she send me two truths and a lie.

So she said:

1. Because a crayon got left in the dryer lots of our white laundry now has red blotches.

2. I've made friendship bracelets out of mint dental floss.

3. I had a tooth knocked out when I fell off a parked pickup truck when I was a preschooler.

Let's see how good she is at this cruel affair called lying for sport....

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2017, 06:24:22 AM »

1. I crashed my parents' Toyota station wagon when I was seven: I didn't know what the thing called a handbrake was for and I ended up in a ditch.  Buggedout
2. I love films like Lethal Weapon 2 and Cry Freedom.
3. I am both a Star Trek and a Star Wars fan.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2017, 07:16:17 AM »

Okay, these are not mine, they are from my friend, who gamely and without being bolstered by me explaining why she should, replied to my email request that she send me two truths and a lie.

So she said:

1. Because a crayon got left in the dryer lots of our white laundry now has red blotches.

3. I had a tooth knocked out when I fell off a parked pickup truck when I was a preschooler.

I'll call #3 as the lie.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2017, 07:34:14 AM »

1. I crashed my parents' Toyota station wagon when I was seven: I didn't know what the thing called a handbrake was for and I ended up in a ditch.  Buggedout

You made that one far too easy, Trev.  #2 is a whopper and you know it!! LOL

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2017, 07:40:08 AM »

So she said:

I'll call #3 as the lie.

LOL Right. I guessed it too.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »

Yes, indeed.  TeddyR

I was planning a review of Cry Freedom for our site but Brother Java said he liked the film, so I dropped the idea.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2017, 08:27:25 AM »

1. I am the son of a two-fisted feminist and a former street thug who later became a cop.
2. I have no idea how to edit a film or how to thread and operate a film projector.
3. My friends in the LGBTIQ community - one person in particular - call me Joan, for some reason.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »

Yes, indeed.  TeddyR

I was planning a review of Cry Freedom for our site but Brother Java said he liked the film, so I dropped the idea.

Hey, Trevor. Review it, please. It would be more informative to hear comments from someone who lives there than the Amnesty International version of the story.

And, yes, I said I liked it, mainly for the performances. The political elements of the film always struck me as a simple "Hurting Biko was bad, m'kay?".

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »

1. I am the son of a two-fisted feminist and a former street thug who later became a cop.
2. I have no idea how to edit a film or how to thread and operate a film projector.
3. My friends in the LGBTIQ community - one person in particular - call me Joan, for some reason.

The lie is 2, given your job.

And your friend calls you Joan because of your interest in Ms. Collins.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »

1. When I was seventeen, it was a very good year.

2. When we were flying to New Zealand we were so low at one point that the captain announced, "If those on the left care to look down, there is what appears to be a pod of blue whales."

3. There is marijuana growing wild in our woods, likely descended from seeds my dad and his friends scattered when they smoked there in the early '70s.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.