Main Menu

Two Truths and a Lie

Started by Mofo Rising, January 17, 2012, 04:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

1. I put a school bully in hospital after he made the mistake of thinking he could push a nerd too far: he spent three great weeks there.
2. I have seen James Cameron's Titanic several times.
3. I am almost a total recluse these days but do manage to get out sometimes.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

bob

Quote from: ER on June 22, 2017, 07:17:52 AM
Quote from: bob on June 22, 2017, 06:24:03 AM
Quote from: indianasmith on June 21, 2017, 10:54:17 PM
Quote from: bob on June 21, 2017, 10:33:03 PM
1 I walked 4 miles today

2 I've been playing fantasy sports since I was in high school

3 In college I was friends with  a guy who sold some weed, I found out he did this after he graduated

#2 because you hate all sports, real and imagined?

#2 is real  :teddyr:

a winner is you -- nothing about 3 is true
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

ER

Quote from: Trevor on June 22, 2017, 07:25:41 AM
1. I put a school bully in hospital after he made the mistake of thinking he could push a nerd too far: he spent three great weeks there.

2. You have seen it a multitude of times.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

1.  I had a shrimp platter for lunch yesterday.
2.  I think SUCKER PUNCH is one of the greatest cinematic statements on the human condition ever rendered into film.
3.  While in Australia, I briefly got to hold a deadly sea snake.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: ER on June 23, 2017, 07:33:28 AM
Quote from: Trevor on June 22, 2017, 07:25:41 AM

2. You have seen it a multitude of times.

You chose right but I have never, ever seen Titanic, either in the movies or on home video. 1 and 3 are true.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

javakoala

Quote from: indianasmith on June 23, 2017, 08:26:37 AM
1.  I had a shrimp platter for lunch yesterday.
2.  I think SUCKER PUNCH is one of the greatest cinematic statements on the human condition ever rendered into film.
3.  While in Australia, I briefly got to hold a deadly sea snake.

Well, I know that #2 is accurate, sadly.   :cheers:
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

ER

1. I once watched a drunk guy successfully leap over a moving car, just like in the Nike commercial that was on back then, only the car was going more slowly, and he jumped left side to right instead of front to back, and off a wall.

2. In college my roommate asked me to hold her bag so she could go to the restroom after we'd been shopping, and one of my teachers came in and as we were talking I saw his eyes dip down to the bag and then jerk back up, and only then did I realize there was a pack of condoms pressed visibly against the side of the bag.

3. When I was eighteen I was hypnotically regressed to what I saw as a life lived in Biloxi, Mississippi at the beginning of the last century, in which I was a little girl who died of typhus in early childhood, and I realized the unpleasantness of dying that way seemed to tie into the fact that I have never liked the accent of that part of the country.

bob

Quote from: ER on June 23, 2017, 01:25:11 PM
1. I once watched a drunk guy successfully leap over a moving car, just like in the Nike commercial that was on back then, only the car was going more slowly, and he jumped left side to right instead of front to back, and off a wall.

2. In college my roommate asked me to hold her bag so she could go to the restroom after we'd been shopping, and one of my teachers came in and as we were talking I saw his eyes dip down to the bag and then jerk back up, and only then did I realize there was a pack of condoms pressed visibly against the side of the bag.

3. When I was eighteen I was hypnotically regressed to what I saw as a life lived in Biloxi, Mississippi at the beginning of the last century, in which I was a little girl who died of typhus in early childhood, and I realized the unpleasantness of dying that way seemed to tie into the fact that I have never liked the accent of that part of the country.

I'm guessing 3
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

ER

Quote from: bob on June 23, 2017, 02:10:08 PM

I'm guessing 3

Not 3., nope....

indianasmith

Ding ding ding!!!  #1 is the lie!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

AoTFan

This will be "Two Truth and a Lie: Stuff I've Written" edition

1. I once wrote a script for a skit called The Andrea Yates Daycare Center. 
2. I once wrote a fake ad for "C-RAP" a CD that combines country and rap music.
3. I once did a regular Livejournal where every week I'd post scores from various internet Flash games and challenge people to beat them.

indianasmith

All good ideas, but I'll call #2 as the falsehood.

bob

Quote from: ER on June 23, 2017, 02:13:35 PM

I'm guessing 3

Not 3., nope....

ER

Quote from: bob on June 24, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
Quote from: ER on June 23, 2017, 02:13:35 PM

I'm guessing 3

Not 3., nope....

You got it.