Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:13:34 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 108523 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #345 on: August 02, 2017, 07:51:36 AM »

My turn!!

1.  After hiking a trail in the Ouachita mountains earlier this week, I found a tick on my waist.
2.  I once owned a dog named Zorro.
3.  I once found a small arrowhead lying on the floor in our local Wal-Mart.  No idea how it got there.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #346 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:38 AM »

All right, raising the ante here if anyone wants to have a go. Five statements, any could be a truth, any could be a lie. Tall order, time intensive, not for the faint of heart, or for those possessing of other venues for free time....

Is each statement true or false?

Ready?

1. A friend of mine was looking for artifacts along a gravel bar in Texas years ago and there was a big cooler of ice with soft drinks in it and when his young daughter showed up late in the day he took out some ice and put it in a cup and gave it to her and she looked grossed out and he said what, and she said I don't eat ice out of a cooler, you guys have been peeing out here and reached into the cooler and touched the ice without washing your hands! 

I think I shall call FALSE on that one.

2. I used to buy cheesecake from a man who also drove a school bus, and who is now in prison for wiring his rental property with hidden cameras so he could spy on the young women living there.

TRUE - possibly.  Certainly interesting.

3. My friend in Austin and I used to meet up online and play Medal of Honor Allied Assault through half the night while I was working outside the country, because it helped me with the time difference, and though he was technically Jewish, he always played a Nazi because he liked their weapons.

100% TRUE!!

4. As a teenager I named my dog after The Cure's song Charlotte Sometimes, but once in a while used to fib and say she was named after the book with the same title, because it made me feel special to possess the pseudo-Gnostic knowledge that the novel inspired the song.

Certainly sounds like you, so TRUE.

5. I grew up with our inground pool under my bedroom window, and I used to be obsessively drawn to the idea that I could leap from my window into the pool some distance out, across the concrete patio. My father explained the physics of my proposed feat and the unlikelihood I would make it, and pointed out the damage I would suffer from the impact, but I was undeterred, I absolutely was possessed by this urge to try it, but what stopped me was this guy I was in love with making me swear to him I never would, because, frankly, they were right, high odds I would have made it. Yet every time I drive by our old house I think....I could have done it....

I'll call TRUE on that one too.

All righty, anyone?

So how did I do?

They were all true.  Smile

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #347 on: August 02, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »

My turn!!

1.  After hiking a trail in the Ouachita mountains earlier this week, I found a tick on my waist.
3.  I once found a small arrowhead lying on the floor in our local Wal-Mart.  No idea how it got there.

3. creates a spark that sets your lower wardrobe aflame.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #348 on: August 02, 2017, 09:36:01 AM »

1 when I was in high school I broke up a couple

2 The career center at my old college was very useful

3 I own an Atari

I'll say #2 is false, based on my knowledge of college career centers.

yes

it was beyond useless

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #349 on: August 02, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »

My turn!!

3. creates a spark that sets your lower wardrobe aflame.

You got me!!!  At least I got 4 out of 5 on yours . . .  TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #350 on: August 03, 2017, 12:02:38 PM »

Once again: Any Could Be True, Any Could Be A Big Fat Hairy Stinky Awful Devil-Pleasing Hideous Lie.

1. I've had the same primary email since February 1999, and have said I want it etched on my tombstone.

2. Much to my mother's frustration, and after expending copious patience in trying to teach me, I remain musically illiterate to the point I cannot even identify a single note.

3. The only time I ever took LSD (it was one-quarter of a hit with a diamond printed on it) was such a horrible experience I never even put it in my diary. I was watching the movie SFW at the time with my friend Rob, and to this day seeing Reese Witherspoon still vaguely freaks me out. (Something about her chin disturbed me so much I had to close my eyes.)

4. When he was in Aruba visiting his dad, a woman asked my cousin Jared why he had a marijuana leaf on his keychain, and he told her it was an Ohio State University Buckeye logo, and she said she'd never heard of OSU, so he said, "That's okay, Hell is full of Michigan fans who have."

5. Back in the fall of 1994, my parents went out of town, I was accidentally left alone, and one of the most meaningful days of my entire life was partly spent on a hillside near the tomb of a little-remembered US President, sitting with some boy watching boats go by on the river.

Good karma for a week for any perfect scores....

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #351 on: August 03, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »

Once again: Any Could Be True, Any Could Be A Big Fat Hairy Stinky Awful Devil-Pleasing Hideous Lie.

1. I've had the same primary email since February 1999, and have said I want it etched on my tombstone.

TRUE about the email.  The tombstone bit . . . ?

2. Much to my mother's frustration, and after expending copious patience in trying to teach me, I remain musically illiterate to the point I cannot even identify a single note.

Also TRUE.

3. The only time I ever took LSD (it was one-quarter of a hit with a diamond printed on it) was such a horrible experience I never even put it in my diary. I was watching the movie SFW at the time with my friend Rob, and to this day seeing Reese Witherspoon still vaguely freaks me out. (Something about her chin disturbed me so much I had to close my eyes.)

FALSE  (I think)

4. When he was in Aruba visiting his dad, a woman asked my cousin Jared why he had a marijuana leaf on his keychain, and he told her it was an Ohio State University Buckeye logo, and she said she'd never heard of OSU, so he said, "That's okay, Hell is full of Michigan fans who have."

Probably TRUE.

5. Back in the fall of 1994, my parents went out of town, I was accidentally left alone, and one of the most meaningful days of my entire life was partly spent on a hillside near the tomb of a little-remembered US President, sitting with some boy watching boats go by on the river.

Definitely TRUE.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #352 on: August 03, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »

Hmm,, before I answer Indy, I think I will wait til tomorrow to see if anyone else wants to take a stab and try for the Big Cash Prize (a Craig Ferguson-ism) of a week's worth of free karma....

Roll the dice, you might get it right!

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #353 on: August 03, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »

1. I've had the same primary email since February 1999, and have said I want it etched on my tombstone. - false

2. Much to my mother's frustration, and after expending copious patience in trying to teach me, I remain musically illiterate to the point I cannot even identify a single note. - true

3. The only time I ever took LSD (it was one-quarter of a hit with a diamond printed on it) was such a horrible experience I never even put it in my diary. I was watching the movie SFW at the time with my friend Rob, and to this day seeing Reese Witherspoon still vaguely freaks me out. (Something about her chin disturbed me so much I had to close my eyes.) - true

4. When he was in Aruba visiting his dad, a woman asked my cousin Jared why he had a marijuana leaf on his keychain, and he told her it was an Ohio State University Buckeye logo, and she said she'd never heard of OSU, so he said, "That's okay, Hell is full of Michigan fans who have." - true

5. Back in the fall of 1994, my parents went out of town, I was accidentally left alone, and one of the most meaningful days of my entire life was partly spent on a hillside near the tomb of a little-remembered US President, sitting with some boy watching boats go by on the river. - false

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »

1. True. Make a fine addition to a tombstone.
2. True. A wonder the woman didn't take up her native national sport: drinking.
3. False. Although Rob did take LSD while seeing SFW and did get weirded by her chin.
4. True. Although I am not convinced Hell is full of Michigan fans.
5. True. Ah, to be fifteen and in love. I wish I could re-live that day over and over.

Indy got it right, so free karma for a week for our favorite Tex-assassin.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2017, 03:32:52 PM »

1. As a kid I had a cat named Parker Lewis.

2. I bought a three-pack of Chap-Stick this morning.

3. I sneezed five times in a row when I got out of my car this afternoon.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »

FOR SURE  #1!!!!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »

FOR SURE  #1!!!!

Thumbup

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2017, 08:34:35 AM »

1.  My best friend is a person I have never met.
2.  We are currently getting pounded with heavy rains from Hurricane Harvey.
3.  I've never actually seen someone beat a red-headed stepchild.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2017, 08:40:38 AM »

1.  My best friend is a person I have never met.
2.  We are currently getting pounded with heavy rains from Hurricane Harvey.
3.  I've never actually seen someone beat a red-headed stepchild.

I am going to guess number 3.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Truths and a Lie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.