Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:14:32 PM
714317 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things you learned from a scifi movie or TV show (good and bad ones) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things you learned from a scifi movie or TV show (good and bad ones)  (Read 1905 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 12, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

1.  Clones always come out looking like a mirror image of their genetic donors.  Same age and all.

2.  Tyrannosaurus Rex eat cows and sheep even though they aren't their indigenous diet.

3.  Cars of the future will not have wheels and will float a foot off the ground even though the Earth's magnetic field is weakening because of a reversal.

4.  Space ships can reach and surpass light speed without being torn apart by the extreme inertia.

5.  Poison can kill anyone instantly.  I mean forget the fact they have the travel through the body's digestive system or be slowly absorbed through the skin.

6.  Non-intelligent alien creatures are asexual and lay eggs to reproduce.

7.  Whale-like aliens can build a massive probe which can shut down the power of any system around them even though they don't have hands.

8.  When someone stops time with a magic pocket-watch, they always do the right thing.  They are immune to temptation.

9.  Sol (Our Sun) is a variable star that can become a blue giant, or red giant or even become a super nova.

10.  When a star, planet or other massive super body is destroyed, they let out a visible shock wave that looks like a flat ring even though space is three-dimensional.

11.  Millions of years ago, aliens came to our world and planted the seeds of intelligence in early human ancestors.

12.  When an alien creature is black, its circulatory fluid is very corrosive and they reproduce in the same manner as the Ichneumon Wasp.

13.  Sometimes, music from an old record is all you need to repel an alien invasion.

14.  When a human is 5 inches tall, normal sized humans can hear their voices.

15.  When a Human is 70 feet tall, they have few if any health problems.

16.  Hundreds of thousands of years ago, Neanderthal humans existed in complex societies even though they couldn't count above 5.  They talked with a combination of spoken words and hand signals.  And neanderthal humans didn't look much different from us.

17.  Doctors in the far future care much about human comfort and happiness as modern doctors;  they don't give a damn.  Just keeping the patient alive is all that matters.

18.  A town named after an exclamation word said by chemists and inventors is a place of high technology and discovery.

19.  Technology exists that can accurately read the complex chemical chains of human thought and memory.

20.  Big business is able to get away with breaking the law.  (I didn't get this from a movie or TV show, but from real life.)

21.  Medicine created by aliens on a distant planet is able to cure most human ailments.

22.  Alien borne pathogens and parasites are able to use Humans as hosts.

23.  Many millions of years from now, humans will evolve into creatures with very large heads and very lithe bodies.

24.  All aliens are very human-like.

25.  Aliens which are multi-pedal have a tendency to hide from humans.

26.  Stealth technology which can bend light around it is feasible.

27.  On other planets, there are giant and insect-like creatures.

28.  Some of these creature can even store millions of terawatts in their bodies without being incinerated.

29.  These creatures are led by giant, brain-like bugs with ten eyes that feed on human brains.

30.  When making a sci-fi movie based on a sci-fi novel, try to make it have as little as common with the original story and the only solid commonality is the title.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:27 PM »

Aliens know nothing of romantic love until humans arrive, but they are VERY eager to learn.

Guns work underwater.

No matter where you shoot someone -- in the toe, in the arm, in the keester -- you know they're hit because blood pours out their mouths.

All aliens are bilaterally-symmetrical, one-headed, two-eyed, two-legged, two-armed affairs.  And they all speak English.

All alien life is much more advanced than we are.  The more advanced they are, then more likely they are to wear togas and to claim to have transcended all emotion.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »

From the Star trek Universe: Most aliens look just like humans but with funny-looking foreheads and/or ears.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »

Most bad-news aliens eat one hard-to-get item to the exclusion of all else, like the evil race that eats only the brain stems of Metamorphs on Space 1999, or the salt-eating alien that disguised itself as Dr. McCoy's girlfriend on Star Trek that one time.  They do not require balanced diets, and if there is only one Metamorph brainstem left in the galazy, a whole spaceship filled with hale and hearty evil aliens will converge on that last Metamorph -- looking not at all as if they were starving to death.  They also never fight among themselves for that last brain stem, or decide to do something sensible like make the Metamorphs breed more to provide a more stable source of food, or grow their brain stems in test-tubes so everyone can have one.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »

-In the future, some cops will be androids. (Ghost in the Shell/ Blade Runner)
-In the future, cars will fly (Blade Runner)
-In the future, the world is a dystopia, surrounded by a giant wall (Blade Runner)
-The night will always rain (Blade Runner)
-Robots will be like humans, i.e. experience love, death, happiness, etc...((Ghost in the Shell/ Blade Runner)
-People who seeks eternal life will have a dull life rather than those who doesn't seek eternal life. (Casshern Sins)

yeah no.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things you learned from a scifi movie or TV show (good and bad ones) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.