Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:53:47 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How's the weather? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 103
Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 372460 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM »

For once I actually kinda want to hear. Yesterday up here the windchill was so low my face felt numb from only a few seconds of exposure. Today it's cold, but it's almost a comfortable cold. It's actually snowing for once and it is beautiful!

How about you guys?

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »

This fickle winter we're having here in Central VA this year really reminds me of those fickle winters we used to have in Houston...
Still, one or two nice days each week to get the kinks out of my new moped.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »

In Ontario's "near north" we got quite a bit of snow earlier in the week, but not an unreasonable amount. Last night, it got down to below -20 celsius. Again, normal for this time of year. It does get colder than that on some nights. Right now, it's -12 and very lightly overcast. Overall, it hasn't been a bad winter so far.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »

slightly windy with snow lightly coming from the sky, might amount to maybe an inch or two if it continues at this pace for a few hours

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:30:14 PM »

We had rare snow, and now rain and flooding

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 02:00:02 PM »

It's all the way up to 4 F at the moment.  Got a couple inches of snow this morning, now it's not much more than a flurry.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:12:39 PM »

This fickle winter we're having here in Central VA this year really reminds me of those fickle winters we used to have in Houston...
Still, one or two nice days each week to get the kinks out of my new moped.

I'm in Houston now and you're right - it's as fickle as ever.  It can't decide between cold, hot, and in between.  Today, it's hot (for January)...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »

It's 20 degrees here in the Pocono Mountains of northeast PA.  It's supposed to be in the teens tonight. Overnite we had about 2 inches of snow, but the rest of the day was sunny.  AFter midnight tonight and through tomorrow afternoon we are expecting anywhere from 4-8 inches of more snow. Gonna be dragging the snowblower out for this one!

Hold onto your dreams ....
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »

I'm in New Jersey.  We've had a beautifully sunny Winter, and with many warm days.  But even when it's damned cold, it's been mostly sunny with nary a snowflake.  Last year this time, we had been buried at least twice (with the worst blizzard of my life the day after Christmas 2010. Hatred)  They may be predicting snow this weekend.  Ugh.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »

Reporting from Wisconsin, the weather sucks.  Need I say more?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »

Reporting from Wisconsin, the weather sucks.  Need I say more?

you and me brother  Cheers

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

Yesterday we were in the mid 70s here in central Texas but today we'll have a high of 58. No rain with beautiful sunny skies.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
claws
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Crazy weather: It snowed all day, now it's 46 F with strong/stormy winds at the moment. It's been around 17 F all week and half of last week.
January used to be our coldest month with minus 20 C, but hardly anymore since the climate change started in the late 1990s.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »

Regular heat wave today, it's 19 F already with ice predicted for this morning, snow for tonight, and the always enjoyable snow / wind combo for tomorrow   Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »

I'll tell you how the weather is.  It was snowing here yesterday morning.  I was driving to a friend's house at around 9:00 a.m. and many roads had not been plowed and were very slick.  I was driving downhill toward an intersection and the traffic light turned red.  I tried to slow down, but the momentum of my car down the hill was too powerful and I slid into the intersection.  As I tried to maneuver my car safely through the red light I blasted my horn a few times to warn the other drivers that I couldn't stop.  A car pulled out onto the road in front of me and the only way to avoid crashing into it was to steer my car close to the curb.  I ended up banging into a telephone pole and smashing up the front right side of my car.  The end.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 103
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How's the weather? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.