Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:23:38 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How's the weather? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 103
Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 372405 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2013, 06:30:22 PM »

COLD.  Windchill was -25 C (that's -13 F) most of the day.  We're expecting the same tomorrow.  Maybe it's time I thought about finding an indoor job...

(edited for typo's.  Frozen fingers!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:57:34 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:48 AM »

COLD.  Windchill was -25 C (that's -13 F) most of the day.  We're expecting the same tomorrow.

- 25!!!  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

And here I was complaining about the wind whistling through the holes in my undies each morning waiting for the bus!  Buggedout
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:13:39 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2013, 07:22:22 AM »

A tad on the nippy side here too, 10 F (-12 C).  Supposed to get up to a balmy 18 F today though.  Flurries today and and a chance of "snow showers" (never could figure out the difference between that and "snow") on Friday.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »

Supposed to be 72 this afternoon.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
dean

« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:27 AM »

Its going to be 37c tomorrow [about 99f for you northern hemisphere chumps.]

Going to get a few beers later and catch a friend's band play at a bar.  Strangely with all the nice weather we have been having, most, if not all of my friends seem to want to stay at home, which is driving me slowly insane now that my housemate is away for a month.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »

COLD.  Windchill was -25 C (that's -13 F) most of the day.  We're expecting the same tomorrow.

- 25!!!  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

And here I was complaining about the wind whistling through the holes in my undies each morning waiting for the bus!  Buggedout

How does -28 grab you?  No?  Best you visit some time other than winter, then.   Wink  I live in the balmy south: no doubt AndyC could tell tales of temperatures that would make our toes fall off.

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »

While much of the nation is freezing, we are undergoing a heat wave where I live. Today the temperature was up to 87F. Those are not winter temperatures. Those are summer temperatures. Which means I am really, really going to dread summertime. If those temperatures contine, we'll have the third scorching summer in a row.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:18 AM »

It's such a sloppy mess here.  Threw a whole bag of salt on the driveway yesterday to melt about 3/4" of frozen sleet.  Then spent an hour with the ice chipper to scrape it all off.  Last night we had an honest-to-goodness thunderstorm - in the middle of January Lookingup I think it's raining now, then it's supposed to get cold (40 F today, 20 tomorrow and 9 Thursday) and snow on-and-off for the next three days.

There's a small lake at the end of the driveway from the snowbanks melting.  I suppose that will freeze solid and I can slip and slide over it for the next month or two.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »

There's a small lake at the end of the driveway from the snowbanks melting.  I suppose that will freeze solid and I can slip and slide over it for the next month or two.

WOOHOO! ICE RINK at Jack's house!!!  hot  Get out the hockey nets, boys!  TeddyR

claws
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2013, 08:19:12 AM »

Apparently Mother Nature decided that three weeks of lasting snow and freezing temps in winter is enough. It's been raining non-stop since yesterday, 90% of the snow is gone.
In the old days winter would linger till mid April in these parts, so here's still hoping for a return of the snow.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »

We had the deep freeze, now it is raining.  Blech.  Foggy morning today and the entire sky was a sickly shade of grey-ish purple at sunrise.  Very Hammer-esque with all the wet, bare tree limbs looming about.  They are predicting some hefty thunderstorms tonight.  Who said weather was boring?

At this point I'd be glad for a foot of snow and a decent ice rink.   Wink

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2013, 01:47:29 PM »

It's in the mid 70s here in central Texas. Very windy and it feels rather unsettled....possible strong storms later this afternoon. Ah,Texas winter. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »

WOOHOO! ICE RINK at Jack's house!!!  hot  Get out the hockey nets, boys!  TeddyR

Bring your zamboni Newt  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »

They are predicting snow and freezing temps this weekend.
So was this 50F+ week melting all the snow really necessary?  Lookingup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »

Sunny and 10 F here.  We got about 3" of snow last night.  Think we've got about 6" total now, with the possibility of a little more tonight.

A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.   TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 103
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How's the weather? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.