Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:34:00 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says  (Read 13084 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

I don't know about that.  I'd love to BE President . . . I'd just hate to RUN for President. TeddyR
More power to ya,my friend....as for myself I just wouldn't want all that pressure. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »

I don't know about that.  I'd love to BE President . . . I'd just hate to RUN for President. TeddyR
More power to ya,my friend....as for myself I just wouldn't want all that pressure. Wink

Yeah, it'd be great to be the leader of any country, because then maybe you could steer it away from some of the more blatantly stupid things it's done in the past...but that won't happen unless you're a dictator because you won't have complete power. As bonus, you'll get the blame if someone does something dumb that you had absolutely no say in.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »

You're right.  I'd much rather be Supreme Dictator of the Earth instead of President of the U.S.A.  I would try to only abuse my power in ways that would be amusing to the vast majority of the population . . .

like locking Pat Robertson and Rob Zombie up in an elevator for two weeks, with cameras to monitor the carnage!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »

You're right.  I'd much rather be Supreme Dictator of the Earth instead of President of the U.S.A.  I would try to only abuse my power in ways that would be amusing to the vast majority of the population . . .

like locking Pat Robertson and Rob Zombie up in an elevator for two weeks, with cameras to monitor the carnage!!!!
LOL...oh,the horror! BounceGiggle

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

Bill Clinton was impeached for PERJURY, not adultery.  He put his hand on a Bible and swore to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and then lied his a$$ off and asked his staff to cover his lies.  If you or I did it we would have gone to jail, NO MATTER WHAT WE LIED ABOUT.  He deserved to be impeached and frankly should have resigned.  It was a disgrace.  NOTE that I am not defending Gingrich - I agree that his actions were hypocritical.  But I will NEVER give Clinton a free pass for his shameful acts.

I'm guessing that the missing premise of your argument is that most other politicians would swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth and do so? Am I correct in assuming your position that Bill Clinton was unique in that regard?

As for my opinion on the OP,count me among those idiotic rational people that see no correlation between what his ex-wife says about his moral character and his ability to govern. My reason for not supporting Gingrich is because he represents the Washington power-elite that I despise. He is also the last person the Republicans should nominate if they want to win the White House. He would lose.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:49:02 PM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »

Like I said, I'm a Santorum guy.  But I am so desperate to get rid of this terrible, terrible President that I will vote for WHOEVER gets the nomination to oppose him.

And, in all fairness, as controversial as Newt is, he had some pretty impressive achievements as Speaker - the Contract With America, 4 balanced budgets, a reduced national debt, and major welfare reform.  None of those would have passed without him.  And, frankly, I do believe he would make hash of Obama in a debate.  The President's overly hyped eloquence would be exposed for its intellectual emptiness.

So, no, I won't vote for Newt in the primary for many reasons.  But if he is the nominee I will work my butt off to help him win.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »

Newt would lose. I am reminded anytime Obama has spoken to the American people and I go into work the next day, and conservative Republicans I know say "Damn he sounded good. He even had ME going."

Just you wait until the summer. Gingrich, despite all of his acheivements, would lose his cool in a debate while Obama would remain cool and calm. Romney, while he is more charismatic and would probably do better in a debate against Obama on the soft-skill stuff that voters love, "Occupy Wall Street" should remind us that there are ALOT of people that will despise him.

I predict that the presidential debates will be watched on a level that we've never seen before, and the debates will truly decide the election.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 12:22:04 PM »

Like I said, I'm a Santorum guy.  But I am so desperate to get rid of this terrible, terrible President that I will vote for WHOEVER gets the nomination to oppose him.

Hey, these types of posts you make remind me of something.  Are you member of Yahoo and do comment on their news articles?  TongueOut

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 08:26:05 PM »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/01/17/the_anti_fornication_anti_abortion_wife_of_rick_santorum_lived_very_differently_in_her_20s_.html

kind of strange story about santorums wife. she had a much older boyfriend who was actually an abortionist. He as also an OB GYN and had delivered HER back in 1960.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »

I predict that the presidential debates will be watched on a level that we've never seen before, and the debates will truly decide the election.

Sorry if my nascent cynicism is showing, but I disagree.  I don't think the debates EVER matter and certainly won't this year.

I kinda think it's all decided already, and voting is, uh, where's my tin foil hat?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »

I kinda think it's all decided already, and voting is, uh, where's my tin foil hat?

In the same room where you stuck all of those coathangers to the ceiling silly.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »

Hey, these types of posts you make remind me of something.  Are you member of Yahoo and do comment on their news articles?  TongueOut

That's a NO on both counts.  There must be another very well informed, intelligent, and eloquent conservative out there masquerading as me!! (Which, of course, is completely understandable!)

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »

Like I said, I'm a Santorum guy.  But I am so desperate to get rid of this terrible, terrible President that I will vote for WHOEVER gets the nomination to oppose him.
Hey, these types of posts you make remind me of something.  Are you member of Yahoo and do comment on their news articles?  TongueOut
That's a NO on both counts.  There must be another very well informed, intelligent, and eloquent conservative out there masquerading as me!! (Which, of course, is completely understandable!)
MUMRAH!!!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 07:09:04 AM »

Being the old school punk rock freak that I am-(read: cynical,disillusioned hair-brain) I really and truly believe that ALL politictions are full of sh!t. They're salesmen of the snake oil school. Professional liars who will say anything to get there fat,tax payer fed asses padded even more.
f**k em all.

(No-I'm not drunk-waaay to early in the wek-and day-for that  Wink)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.