Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:05:24 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bizarre, Sometimes Arty and Just Flat Out Weird Bad Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bizarre, Sometimes Arty and Just Flat Out Weird Bad Movies  (Read 9631 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 05:58:26 AM »

THE SHOUT
I saw this on TCM about a year ago, and I didn't get it.
It's well made, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.

oN5mutjZxJE&feature=related

Wow. I was in the hospital with spinal meningitis a while back...and I saw this too. Dang...being on heavy duty pain killers...and this. Quite a trip.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »

THE SHOUT
I saw this on TCM about a year ago, and I didn't get it.
It's well made, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.

oN5mutjZxJE&feature=related

Wow. I was in the hospital with spinal meningitis a while back...and I saw this too. Dang...being on heavy duty pain killers...and this. Quite a trip.  Thumbup

Even though I didn't get it the movie has stuck with me. I'll definitely be in an altered state the next time I get a chance to see it.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 11:41:21 PM »

A couple very obvious picks would be Eraserhead and Naked Lunch. Sorry I couldn't think of any more obscure ones at the moment.

Ah yes, NAKED LUNCH.  "I can think of two things wrong with that title."  BounceGiggle
SPIDER is another Cronenberg flick that's pretty out there.
Not a bad movie per se, but VALHALLA RISING is bizarre.
IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS is pretty weird, very Lovecraftian though not based on any specific Lovecraft story (I personally love it but it gets a lot of flack)
Small | Large

I suppose you could call VAMPYROS LESBOS arty..... Wink

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »

As bad movies go, I got none

However, there is a good movie that would fit into this, apart from being good, is The 5,000 Fingers of Dr.T, which has Dr. Seuss imagery, not surprisingly since he's credited in it.
Small | Large

Small | Large

yeah no.
major jay

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »

TCM recently ran something called POSSESSION (1981) that was absolutely INSANE. It starred Sam Neill as a guy who's wife was (or maybe wasn't?) having an affair (or something?) with a crazed German. She is so traumatized she sneaks away to a dilapidated apartment and finds (?) or gives birth to (?) a tentacled monster that lays around sighing. She has sex with the thing and she kills everybody who comes to the apartment, with everybody screaming and the top of their lungs and blood flying everywhere.  As a matter of fact all the characters are constantly screaming at each other at the top of their lungs and/or beating the crap out of each other, so the cast walks around in a bloody mess for most of the time.

I've had this on DVD for a long time, and after reading your post, finally decided to watch it. Every character in this is insane (except for the little boy). The scene in the subway though was epic! (and all done in one shot!) Actually all the acting was phenomenal.
I read that the director had a nasty divorce just before writing the screenplay.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

Bat Without Wings is a crazy Shaw Brothers kung-fu movie. I think it's from the 70's. A legendary killer/thief named the Bat, who wears Gene Simmons style face paint, is thought to be imprisoned after an epic battle. The search goes on for his infamous Bat Blades, which not only have reputed special powers, but which also have a treasure map inscribed on them. 

That's about as much as I can describe with 100% confidence. There are all kinds of plot twists, most of which don't make any sense, but epically so. The fights are strange, even for a kung fu movie and there are some bizarre characters running around, including a mad hermit who likes to practice taxidermy on victims of The Bat. The Bat himself may not be actually out of comission, since he is missing from his island prison. The prison itself is chock full of traps fashioned by a master of both science and taoist magic. Speaking of traps, at leat one trap of some kind is sprung every few minutes in this film. The visuals are very interesting, sometimes almost fantastical. At times I almost felt like I was in a painting.

It's not a good movie at all. Most of what makes it entertaining is a factor of how recklessly scripted the film is. But it is fun.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »

Jean Rollin belongs in this thread. Arty, mildly surreal vampire movies that often contain "bad" exploitation elements. 

Here's a scene from THE NUDE VAMPIRE:

Small | Large

So, waving a torch in someone's general direction will cause them to scream and  roll themselves down the stairs? Got it.

I had heard about Rollin's movies for years but 5 of them were just remastered and re-released. I found the 2 I've seen worth the wait; I wish I'd seen them sooner. Most of them are on Netflix, 2 or 3 of them are streaming.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bizarre, Sometimes Arty and Just Flat Out Weird Bad Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.