Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:29:01 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TALES OF AN ANCIENT EMPIRE (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TALES OF AN ANCIENT EMPIRE (2011)  (Read 2400 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: January 28, 2012, 12:34:03 AM »

Sadness.  Revulsion.  Unutterable shame.  Bitter disappointment. 
I WAITED 30 YEARS FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

I still remember that fine day, 30 years ago, when I was 18, watching Talon and his men ride off into the sunset with those immortal words ringing in my ears: "Ride then! On to Maladon, to save Lambosia's kingdom!  We have kingdoms to save and women to love!!!"

Then it came, crawling across the screen in big, bold, Gothic letters:
SEE TALON'S NEXT ADVENTURE IN . . .  TALES OF THE ANCIENT EMPIRE!
COMING SOON!

They lied.  It didn't come soon.  And when it finally got here, it sucked.

Here is the nearest sense I can make out of this train wreck of a sword and sorcery movie:
First of all, Talon is nowhere in it that I can tell.  The only recurring name is that of King Lambosia, who dies before the story begins.  Then . . . let's see.  We have a ridiculously long, badly animated intro that takes 10 minutes to get to the title of the movie.  Some sorcerer named Xusia (no resemblance to the original Xusia in the last movie) has a vampire daughter names Xia who tries to seduce a famous mercenary hero who slashes his way through all their minions, kills Xusia, then boinks his daughter so that she has a child who is half human, half vampire.  Then he kills the vampire and puts her dust in an empty coffin.  20 years later the vampire queen Xia resurrects somehow, kills the reigning queen, and takes over the Kingdom.  The queen's half sister, sired by the vampire slaying mercenary, rides off to find her three half siblings and destroy Xia before she can open a portal to let in vampire demons who will destroy humanity.  Yadadadadadadada.

Bad lighting (every outside scene is a dusty yellow color).  Incredibly bad special effects.  Lame dialogue.  Jerky, incomprehensible storyline.  Despicable characters.  Unsatisfying ending.  There simply was not one enjoyable moment in this entire godawful movie.

STAY AWAY!!!! IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME BUT YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELVES.  RUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TALES OF AN ANCIENT EMPIRE (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.