Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:52:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  1980s Alien Spaceship « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1980s Alien Spaceship  (Read 33643 times)
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 30, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »

Hello, Back again with another mystery movie. Several years ago I caught the last minute of a movie which contained a final scene of a spaceship flying over a town (leaving town). All you could see was the bottom of the ship which was flat and contained a lot of greebles and was, I think, bronze in color. I'm pretty sure there was some cool music playing too. It looked like a late 80s or early 90s movie.

I wasn't able to get any other info because it was one of those deals when they run the credits real fast , in a compressed window no less, so that they can get to the next movie. I hate when they do that.Anyway, any help identifying this movie is appreciated.
Skull
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »

Thats a tough one... It seems like a typical ending with most UFO/ visiting alien movies...
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »

here's a shot in the dark,

maybe one of the "Critters" movies?

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »

Yeah, there are a lot of movies that seem to end like that but this one just seemed so stylish that it makes me think the rest of the movie might be good too.

I 'll have to check out the endings of the Critters movies. I know it's not the first one.

There are couple of other details that might help : 1) It took place at night 2) The spaceship is huge and is flying off toward the upper right side of the screen.

Thanks for the responses. I would have replied earlier but I got busy and forgot to check back.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »

Yeah, there are a lot of movies that seem to end like that but this one just seemed so stylish that it makes me think the rest of the movie might be good too.

I 'll have to check out the endings of the Critters movies. I know it's not the first one.

There are couple of other details that might help : 1) It took place at night 2) The spaceship is huge and is flying off toward the upper right side of the screen.

Thanks for the responses. I would have replied earlier but I got busy and forgot to check back.
I don't know if it was night or not, but Starman maybe?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »

Great movie but Starman definitely isn't it. The ship I remember was flat on the bottom and square edged.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »

Great movie but Starman definitely isn't it. The ship I remember was flat on the bottom and square edged.

It was a stab. I just figured since you saw just the very ending and Starman ends with the ship leaving and that's it, I thought it was worth a shot.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »

Thanks for the help anyway. I just wish I was able to provide a better description... I literally saw just the last couple seconds of the movie.

I actually thought the movie I was looking for was Neon Maniacs because they flashed that on the screen as this was ending, but I watched Neon Maniacs before I came here and that didn't have any spaceships in it. It seemed like it was a double feature they ran on tv a couple of years ago.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »

I thought it might be one of the critters movies as well.

Here is the ending from the first Critters - However it's not at night.

(11:40)
Small | Large

The only other Critters ending that involves a spaceship is Critters 4
Small | Large
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »

Definitely not those two. However, I have been looking, unsuccessfully, to find the endings of Critters 2 and 3 without having to order through Netflix. If anyone has those dvds and is willing to check out the ending I'd appreciate it.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »

Neither Critters 2 or Critters 3 ends with a space ship flying away.  TeddyR
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »

Well I guess that solves that problem. Thanks. I guess the mystery continues for now.
Rictras Shard
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »

The only thing that comes to my mind is The Tommyknockers.
myusername
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »

So far I haven't been able to find any pictures of the Tommyknockers spaceship to verify.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 12:09:49 AM »

Small | Large

13:36

The spaceship explodes, however.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  1980s Alien Spaceship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.