Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:34:26 AM
714235 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Question on electronics... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question on electronics...  (Read 1270 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 02, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »

So, this is weird.  I'm staying a hotel, so I decided to hook up my PS2 to the TV.  It was an old TV, so I had to go out and buy an adapter, THEN I had to get another co-ax cable (figured the adapter would come with one, but noooo.)  So, I finally get it set up and here's what happens... the game keeps cutting out back to the TV channel.  Not ALL the time mind you, just seems to happen whenever either a) a new screen loads or b) I hit the pause or map button.  

I have no idea why it does this.  Someone at the pawn shop where I bought the cable said it might be something in the RF tuner of the TV.  

Now, strangely enough, there IS a button on the remote that turns the tv to "GAME" mode, but as far as I can tell that just gives me a black screen.  

Get the feeling I'm just gonna have to get used to the occasional blink out if I want to play my games, but MAN that is sooo annoying.  

Anyone know a decent work around for this?  (Other than buying another TV and putting it in my room?)  

Just curious...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:09:24 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »

The first thing I'd try would be a new adapter and / or coax cable.  Sounds like one of them may be fualty.

If that doesn't fix it, you could try picking up something called an RF Modulator, they have them at Radio Shack.  Usually about $10.  It basically lets you plug various things into it, then it routs them through a single coax cable that you plug into the TV.  So you'd plug the yellow, red and white cables from the PS2 into it, and also the coax cable from the wall / cable box.  Then you run a single coax cable from the RF Modulator into the TV.  

Here's one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-Corporation-CRF907-RCA-Modulator/dp/B0014KKV7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328220271&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:52:56 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Question on electronics... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.