Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:04:30 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Forgotten Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forgotten Movies  (Read 2307 times)
claws
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »

While replying to the High Desert Kill thread I had a sudden flashback of a similar movie I've seen once. It took me a while to remember the forgotten title  Lookingup but here it is:

Storm (1987)

Comedy/Thriller set in the great outdoors. It was kind of corny even back then, but quirky enough for me to enjoy. I was looking up YouTube hoping to find the complete movie for a re-watch, but only found the trailer.

Small | Large

Do you remember any rare and unknown/forgotten titles you've once seen from yesteryear?
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »

[psst]FilesTube[/psst]

There's one result that comes up searching "storm 1987 avi". I don't know if that is the correct one or not.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:47:40 AM »

I remember watching The Martian Chronicles on TV when I was a kid.  I suppose it's a fairly famous movie, starring Rock Hudson and all that, but I NEVER hear anyone mention it these days.

Small | Large

Also saw Bug on TV back in those days.

Small | Large

And another one I thought was really cool when I was a kid:

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
thetoxicone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

It took me forever to remember this three part weekend movie about the kids floating away on a flooded house but I finally found it

Small | Large
Pacman000
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »

Tales of Robinhood (1951)

A failed TV pilot made by Hal Roach studios, released to theaters by Lippert pictures.
It's not bad, if you can stand the cheap, early TV quality production values.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044104/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:35:55 PM by Pacman000 » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »

How about all the "Doberman" movies from the 1970s?  Drive-in trash classics that are now sadly forgotten.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »

How about all the "Doberman" movies from the 1970s?  Drive-in trash classics that are now sadly forgotten.

I saw the first two, THE DOBERMAN GANG and THE DARING DOBERMANS, at the theater! They were great, rather dark films with some humor.

Small | Large

The third one, THOSE AMAZING DOBERMANS was a made for tv kiddie movie featuring Barbara Eden, James Franciscus, and Fred Astaire. The Dobermans went from being terrorizing bank robbers to circus performers. Also with: Billy Barty!

Small | Large

There are rumors of a remake . . .

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

Here's a rather fun little film that pretty much was forgotten because of the hooplah concerning the other movie with Robert Redford and Paul Newman....

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »

This one....

Small | Large

THIS IS NOT A TEST, an exercise in A-bomb paranoia.

THE DEAD DON'T DIE, a 1975 Curtis Harrington NBC film....

Small | Large

THE PIGEON, with Sammy Davis Jr. and Pat Boone (?)

(Can't find YouTube for it)

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »

I saw the first two, THE DOBERMAN GANG and THE DARING DOBERMANS, at the theater! They were great, rather dark films with some humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMupA9_wLcw

The third one, THOSE AMAZING DOBERMANS was a made for tv kiddie movie featuring Barbara Eden, James Franciscus, and Fred Astaire. The Dobermans went from being terrorizing bank robbers to circus performers. Also with: Billy Barty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_X5vKCHaA

There are rumors of a remake . . .

I saw the first two at our old hometown drive-in...perfect venue. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »

FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC (1987)

Based on the best seller by V.C. Andrews, who continued to write popular and grotesque novels for many years even after she was dead. The book and its many sequels (featuring incest between teens, child poisoning, and many other nasty topics) were hugely popular with preteen girls.

I had forgotten about these books and the notoriously awful movie they spawned until I caught the film recently on Comcast's Xfinity service.

When their handsome, loving daddy dies on his birthday (the kiddies jump out to yell "SURPRISE!" at the grim state patrol officers bringing the bad news) budding teens Chris and Cathy and young twins Cory and Carrie are taken by their mother to her parent's home - a huge spooky old mansion.

Mom has to convince her parents, including Louise Fletcher as her insane religious fanatic mother, to cut her and the kiddies back into the family millions. To soften the blow to sick old grandpa of a gang of instant grandkids the grandmother locks the kids in the even spookier attic until mom can break the news.

Mom soon falls back into the luxurious life style and even picks herself up a handsome new fiance. Problem is: nobody knows about the 'Flowers in the Attic'. After one of the twins die after munching on grandma's (or mom's?) arsenic-laced cookies the remaining kids suspect they will never ever leave the attic alive, so they make plans to crash mom's fancy wedding.

This one has everything you'd expect in a truly bad big budget 80's film. Fletcher's evil grandmother easily steals the show. The kids are such a bunch of whiny, dumb-acting doofuses you don't really mind seeing them constantly being slapped around and strong armed by feeble old people.

FUN FACT: V.C. Andrews (not dead yet) has a cameo as a maid.

Check your local Book a Million for the latest V.C. Andrews novel, whose been dead for almost 30 years now!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:24:37 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Forgotten Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.