Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:10:04 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things you learned from a bad movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Things you learned from a bad movie  (Read 9462 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 11, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »

The martian language has only 1 word.

Dinosaurs roam the Earth today.

Explosives the size of a golf ball can level an entire neighborhood.

Thermodynamics are not absolute.

There are creatures that look like women and will eat you when you have sex with them.

Amphibian DNA can be used to clone dinosaurs.

Want to get rid of someone?  Put a few thousand venomous snakes loose on their next flight.

Early teens can travel across the country by themselves to a video game competition.

You can turn a woman into a hyper depraved domestic diva by implanting a microchip in her brain.

Traveling faster than the speed of light is feasible.

You can evade a serial killer by hiding in a concert of a band that looks like L7.

A super computer can become self-aware and lash out at its creators.

Reality is not absolute.

The dead can come back to life years or centuries after dying.

Salt repels witches.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

sorry but this post won't be complete until you address each of those points you just made individually, and write approximately 456 paragraphs explaining why each one is technically impossible. look forward to it  Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

when someone is restoring a car,

don't stand next to it and tell your buddy

"you can't polish a turd"

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »

Wow....somehow that made my day. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »

Octopuses can live in fresh water, and meow like cats.

Arthropods, when made to grow to gigantic size, make a strange whirring sound.

All male monsters, regardless of species, have the hots for human females, especially blondes.

John Agar believed himself to be an actor.

The L.A. River was constructed for car chases.

Black men were born to be redshirts.

Silencers will work on revolvers, if you really, REALLY, want them to.

Any opponent, if wearing a mask or helmet that completely obscures their features, will probably turn out to be a woman.

You can shoot down a helicopter at fifty yards with a .25 automatic, especially if you're Ray Danton.

Alien women are all hot, but deadly.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
CarlinBrock
Dedicated Viewer

"The gleam!"

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »

If someone is carrying a box/basket/pail/anything people don't usually carry, shoot it until anything inside is dead. Just keep shooting.

The Video Basement - Life Lessons from Bad Movies
mrsskinner
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »

The calls are always coming from inside the house
if something that looks like its already been eaten bubbles up on your land your chickens will eat it if you mix it with their food
electricity causes worms to devour humans
the killer is already inside the house
if the creature under your porch eats your dog its probably not a cat
if you find a book in a cabin telling you how to call forth demons dont read it
if something from outer space crashes into your yard dont touch it
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »

Most gunshot wounds will heal themselves almost completely in less than one minute.  And they don't really hurt too much in the first place.

The maximum distance a woman can run before falling down is approximately 50 yards.

Most of the time, being thrown 50 - 100 feet through the air doesn't result in any injury.  Just knocks the wind out of you.  A little.

Your standard pistol or rifle can hold well over 100 rounds when fully loaded.  Assault rifles around 1,000+.

Hand grenades contain approximately 10 lbs. of explosives.

Hair care products will survive the apocalypse and be available in abundance.

For the most part, swords and spears are more effective weapons than guns.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »

if someone hangs up the phone half way through a conversation, the other person will say "hello...hello...HELLO?" even though it's blatantly obvious the other person has hung up and all they can hear is a dial tone.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »

Sunken treasure is guarded by giant octopuses-this is their sole reason for living.

If Captain Kirk is any indication, human starship captains have greater endurance than aliens that are supposed to be physically superior.

If you shoot at a monster, and it's still coming after the second round, you  must fire at it until you empty the weapon and / or the creature kills you....it's a rule.

Anyone facing away from you at the end of the picture, if they're a loved one, has sucumbed to the vampire / demon / whatever.

Never expect anyone who walks out a door, saying, "I'll be back", to return alive, and / or normal.

'Tis an ill omen, to knock upon a door, and have it answered by Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, or Barbara Steele.

Vampires are supposed to be repelled by crosses, but don't seem to be bothered by the ones in graveyards.

Beautiful girls in party dresses seen on deserted country roads at night are dead, and after your overcoat.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »

Coke and McDonalds can do no wrong (Mac and Me)

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
CarlinBrock
Dedicated Viewer

"The gleam!"

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »

Never expect anyone who walks out a door, saying, "I'll be back", to return alive, and / or normal.

Usually true, but especially so after the halfway point of the movie. If it's a dark and stormy night and someone says this to you, they're cooked.

'Tis an ill omen, to knock upon a door, and have it answered by Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, or Barbara Steele.

What I never got was House on Haunted Hill. I mean, if Vincent Price is hosting a party, the only thing that should be uttered from the partygoers' lips is "Holy shiz, that's Vincent Price, we need to leave. Now. Come one."

The Video Basement - Life Lessons from Bad Movies
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:04 PM »

If someone's harassing you on the phone and you hang up on them then they ring straight back and you shout at them and hang up again, remember that if the phone rings a third time don't immediately launch into a tirade of abuse because it will always be someone completely different calling, and you'll have to apologize and be all embarrassed

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things you learned from a bad movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.