Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:16 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Cars II « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cars II  (Read 2734 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

I watched it yesterday and I was a bit disappointed. I loved the first one but this one had too many extra characters. Plus it fell into the pit of "secondary character gets expanded past its enjoyableness". In other words....too much Mater!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

What is this doing in the Good Movies section? :P

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »

I watched it yesterday and I was a bit disappointed. I loved the first one but this one had too many extra characters. Plus it fell into the pit of "secondary character gets expanded past its enjoyableness". In other words....too much Mater!

Ah... if you didn't seem to like it, why did you put this in the good movie section?  Wouldn't the Bad Movie section be better?

Now, for a radical opinion that is totally different from the Internet's, I actually liked the movie.  The thing is though, this film is not up to the standards that Pixar has set before with its movies.  It's nowhere near as good as Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Wall-E, Up, etc.  As such, it's Pixar's worst film, but even then, I do not mind it.

I view the film as more of a Dreamworks film if anything.  The pop culture references, the overamount of big name or at least recongizable people doing voices, the humor, and the soundtrack all scream of something Dreamworks would put out.  That doesn't bother me since I like most Dreamworks films to begin with.  Also, it helps that I have no issue with Larry the Cable Guy like most people do.

I like the voice acting, the animation (Just good as always from Pixar), the humor despite some of the juvenile bits to it, I like how silly the action was, the hamminess of our villians, and I do enjoy story.  However, I find the moral or lesson I got out of this quite silly: Don't change and be yourself.  If other people don't like it, they should change.

Seriously?

Regardless, I had a fun time with this, but it's really nothing special.  I give it a 3 or 3.5 out of 5.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »

Yeah, it's not that good. My 4-year-old son loves it of course, mostly because the first one was the first movie he fell in love with as a toddler. So we have it on Blu-Ray.

I don't hate it, but then I was kind of expecting what it delivered. Toy Story becamse a franchise in its own right and worked, while this was just came across as a cheap "let's capitalize on the original and make some more merchanidizing money" kind of sequel. It's the first time Pixar has done that kind of thing. I liked the original, but it's not my favorite, nor is it the favorite of most, yet it is easily the most heavily merchandized of all Pixar movies. Anybody who has any kids under the age of 6 knows this.

And good call on the "secondary character gets overdeveloped" angle, Tracy. I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
tracy

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »

Well....this was supposed to be a good film. I don't associate it with the truly wonderful bad films. Wink

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »

I enjoyed it but then that could be due mainly to the fact that I was simply happy that my kids had a "new" Cars DVD to watch, cuz I am terminally sick of the original after approximately 10,000 viewings over the past couple of years....

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »

Because we LOVE bad movies, and we don't love this BounceGiggle
tracy

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »

I enjoyed it but then that could be due mainly to the fact that I was simply happy that my kids had a "new" Cars DVD to watch, cuz I am terminally sick of the original after approximately 10,000 viewings over the past couple of years....
LOL...that sounds like my daughter. She could watch the same movie more than anyone I'd ever seen. "Not that again!" was a common phrase in our house. Of course....I guess she got it from me. At one time I could quote the entire "Star Wars IV" dialog and even hum most of the sound track. Pretty sad! TeddyR

tracy

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »

Because we LOVE bad movies, and we don't love this BounceGiggle

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »

I found Cars II to be relatively soulless, kind of shrill, unengaging, uneven.  Darker and more violent, too, compared to the first one. 

I call it Pixar's first real miss.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Cars II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.