Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:58 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your First Car « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your First Car  (Read 7317 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: February 17, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »

This is a thread that is destined to date anybody who responds. How fun.

I want to know what your first car was, and what year you acquired it, and anything else interesting or amusing about the car.

My first car was a 1973 Mercury Montego that looked just like this except it was white:

I responded to a classified ad and bought it for $800. Despite the numerous problems I had with it, it was a pretty smooth drive. It had the biggest engine they came with, a 460 cu. in. V8. Granted, you could visibly see the gas guage go down when you gunned it, but boy did that car have power. It was also built like a Sherman Tank. I got in a fender-bender with a little Subaru once. The subaru was totalled, and what happened to my Merc? A little of the Subaru's paint on the front bumper. That was it. Not a single dent. That thing would have made a great Demolition Derby car.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »

A 72 Chevy Malibu!
The speedometer went all the way up to 200 mph!  But it got about 2 city blocks per gallon, so I never drove it over 100.  THE DUKES OF HAZZARD was huge on TV then,  so my windows stayed rolled down and I NEVER used the door to get in or out of the car! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »

A red '84 Chevette. It was well used when I got it, over 100,000 km, but worked like a top but was ugly as heck. Had no problems with it aside from it only had Standard drive so when I was making money a few years later, I was glad to get rid of it in favor of a new car. I heard it still ran for many years after I sold it. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if it's still running now too.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:37:06 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:46:34 PM »

Go ahead and yell it - "Where's Hutch?!?!"  God knows everybody else did.  Smile I've got a picture of mine around here somewhere but I can't find it;  this one's just off the internet.  It had a 351 Windsor and certainly wasn't especially fast.  We traded it in when we moved to California and the guy said he was going to sell it to somebody in Mexico.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:33 PM »

1971 (?) Volkswagen Squareback - it looked like this:

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »

1996 Green Ford with some rust around the tires

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:05:12 AM »

A 1969 Buick Skylark!

That was in 1980.
Get jealous.  Cheers

I hadda 8-track player in it too! I jacked up the back,put wide tires onna back,and jammed to Molly Hatchet and raced my buddy who had a 1971 Rally Nova- I buried the speedometer at 130 mph-beat his ass! It had a V-8 engine and was mean.
I even named it-I called it Jaws. I loved that car.

Of course it wasn't as shiny as the car in the pic. I got p**sed one day 'cause I lost the gas cap key (which was under the liscence plat-the gas cap-not the key) and hurled a big rock at it and busted out the back window. I still drove it untill I raced to my grandma's house on Thanksgiving and was low on oil-I blew a rod.  Bluesad

Ain't got no car now. Bluesad
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:47:25 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 05:58:57 AM »

first car I drove was a '79 oldsmobile wagon, metallic blue with the factory mag wheels.

first car I bought with my own money was a 1965 plymouth barracuda. it was one of them with the HUGE back window. great little V8 car

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »

My first car was a 1967 Buick Wildcat.  I don't have a good pic of the one I had, but this one is the same color and style that mine was.  With the 430 4V engine it was amazingly fast for such a big boat.

I have always loved old cars.  It runs in my family.  With the exception of a couple of 70's winter beaters, I have owned nothing but 50's and 60's cars ever since I first started driving.  My current car is a 61 Chrysler.  Here she is.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:44:43 AM by the ghoul » Logged
Couchtr26

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »

1992 Geo Storm for my first car.  It died with a slow oil leak I thought I would be able to fix with the next pay day.  Busted one piston and two seized up, didn't have a $1000 to fix it. 

Ah, the good old days.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »

A 1983 Mercury Cougar.....this isn't it but mine was white like this one with a blue plush interior,a killer radio system and a sunroof.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »

Chevy Citation.  A real POS.  About this color.  Nowadays I don't even drive, because my job pays for all my public transportation.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »

My first car was this cute Subaru that some jerk in this big ol' Mercury came and hit me, which totaled my car! Hatred TongueOut nah, I don't car.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »

I posted this picture here somewhere before but I forgot where.

Here's my first ride. Behind that you can see my first car, a 1980 (I believe) Honda Accord hatchback.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »

My first car was a 1975 Malibu, baby blue with a white top. Her name was Mandy. My brother named her that because that was the last song the radio played before it died (the radio, not the car). The first vehicle I bought on my own was a 1995 Mitsubishi pickup. Traded that in 1998 for a new Toyota RAV4. I still drive the Toyota--255000+ miles and it still runs beautifully. I plan to continue driving it until it falls apart, many years from now.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your First Car « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.