Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:51:40 PM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence (2012) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence (2012)  (Read 1724 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: February 19, 2012, 11:36:23 AM »

This is one of those movies that does have plenty of good moments-but even still those moments don't really  out way the bad.

Its both reboot and sequel to the first Ghost Rider movie that finds Johnny Blaze in Europe. He's got to save/protect a boy that Satan wants to use as a vessel on Earth. He fight a version of Blackout (a character from the comics, although they never mention his super-villian name and give him a few new powers) And possibly find away to get rid of the curse.

First the good. The movie starts strong (especially for the cheesey movie fans). You have some good action scenes. Nicholas Cage acting like...Nicholas Cage. Some laughs-both intentional and unintentional. And I did find myself liking the new look for Ghost Rider. The charred dirty look fit with the grind house appeal that's often been played up as part of the character. 

And then the movie screeches to a halt. There's a large portion of the second and third act where Ghost Rider doesn't show up. And aside from an attack from Blackout, nothing really cool or interesting happens.

Not only that, I didn't like the devil they had for this movie. Mesphito in the first one had more of a real presence and malevolent feel to him.  The one the had in this movie had none of that and was completely forgettable and hardly seemed threatening in the least.

But once Ghost Rider finally shows up again near the end things get a little better. I liked how his final fight against Blackout was actually more of a fight. The battles in the first movie weren't all that great and where over too quickly and one sided.

Finally, this is one of those movies that just sort of...ends. The beat the bad, go "Is that it?" "Yup!" and then the credits roll.

I think part of the reason I did have a good time watching it was that I was with some friends and we were able to laugh at it. Save this one for either a rental or t.v airing.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  I  haven't seen the first movie or read the comics, so I wasn't familiar.  We went because the wife wanted to see This Means War, but it was sold out...

I love any movie where Nic Cage lets loose.  At first, I was also concerned about the lack of Ghost Rider action, until I realized that I was enjoying him just being himself even more.  I also really enjoyed the weird little touches that the directors threw in (they also did the Crank movies if that tells you anything).  Overall, it was complete fluff, but very enjoyable for a popcorn flick.  Just check your brain at the door...

On a side note, this might have been the most pointless use of 3D thatI've ever seen in a movie.  If it weren't for the uncomfortable glasses and overly darkened screen, I would have forgotten that it was even in 3D.  I don't need things flying at me or anything, but it offered nothing I thought.  We wouldn't have even done the 3D, but it was the only way showing...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »

I haven't seen it yet but intend to.... Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »

From what I hear, it's even worst than the first one.  My my, that's pretty hard to do.  Guess those Crank boys couldn't make this really all that great.  Yes indeed, this film was made by the guys behind Crank and Gamer.

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/ghost-rider-spirit-of-vengence-audio-review

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence (2012) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.