Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:03:15 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The I Don't Care For This Thread (no politics please) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The I Don't Care For This Thread (no politics please)  (Read 14103 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: February 19, 2012, 11:51:43 PM »

post stuff you just don't care about, just not politics (I really don't like it when politics are involved) anyway, here's mine

I don't care about country music because, to me, it's all...boring, that being said, I do live in the birth place of jazz, so it is sorta biased.
I also don't care about First Person Shooter games (FPS) because, to me, their all the same style of game play. now third person  game play, I'm in! TeddyR

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:28:04 AM »

Rap music.  Professional wrestling.  And Nascar.  Meh to all three.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:32:59 AM »

I don't care for TV. They feed you lies and manipulate your mind all for the mighty dollar (commercials). Movies are edited, and they bombast you with garbage reality shows.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »

Rap "music" and professional wrestling. Though I do watch a bit of Nascar out of sheer boredom sometimes.  Basketball and baseball - if you ever see me watching either of those sports on TV, please call an ambulance as I've apparently lapsed into a coma. 

Hollywood movies, Hollywood celebrities, reality TV, prime-time game shows.  Emmy Awards, Golden Globe awards, Oscars, Grammys, Golden Globe awards, etc. etc. ad nauseam. 

First person shooter games - got bored with those back in the PS2 era.  Speculation on what the next generation of video game consoles will be like and when they'll be coming out.  Smart phones, iPods, anything with an "i" in front of it. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »

Things I personally don't care for:

Rap music
Reality tv shows
Flo from the Progressive commercials
Beer
Stuck up snobs
People who are mean for no reason
Seinfeld
Sean Penn
The remake of True Grit
NASCAR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

MOST OF TV
MOST OF CURRENT MUSIC
RAP, WHICH IS NOT MUSIC

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:56:21 PM »

Howard Stern and most shock jocks.

People who call themselves Christians while hating on other people.  (I have done that too, by the way, and don't care for that part of myself and my history.)

Most television.

The NBA and its generally prima donna mentality.  Ditto the NFL.  

Women's pro tennis.

Mafia.  Wars!

Crap music.

Drug dealers.

Fox network (for cancelling Firefly, damn them) and most doubly for Fox "news."
Nakuyabi
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 04:35:11 PM »

People complaining online about the Twilight books/movies. So you don't like "clean" romance novels based on sparkly veggie vamps. All right, we get it. You're not incredibly smart just for hating Twilight. Now take it outside!

Pointlessly foul-mouthed characters. All right, so maybe the villain has to swear once in a while just to remind us what an unlikeable person he is. Maybe you thought the anti-hero would look too heroic if he spoke too cleanly. Maybe the hero is having his worst day ever and just had to let one out. Fine. Could you spare us the flurry of F-bombs, blasphemies, and obscenity? It's not "cute" when kids swear, a foul mouth makes even the prettiest woman look ugly, and a guy does not look tougher for losing control of his language. If we must have nasty talk, keep it down to the precision F-strike. Give us a narrative profanity filter or the like if you want to play it for laughs. Don't weary my ears trying to show off how verbally disgusting you can be.

Celebrity. If people are really talented at acting or singing or dancing or sports or playing a musical instrument, they've earned their pay and certainly should be invited to perform again. If they want the adoration of the crowd for their performance, fine. However, their art and skill does not entitle them to be anyone's role model. They are not entitled to tell me how to vote, what to eat, what to wear, how to raise my kids, what to believe, or anything about anything in life that truly matters. In reciprocity, I am likewise not entitled to hear every detail about what drugs they've been abusing, their tangled and scandalous sex lives, or what crazy cult or fad therapy they're currently trying as they descend mentally, physically, and spiritually into total ruin. Their biggest fans (later to be their greatest haters once they inevitably tumble from their pedestals) are also not entitled to any attention or interest from me whatsoever.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »

I don't care for Twilight, nor their haters. It's pointless and stupid at the same time.
i don't care much for peanut butter, nor ketchup, nor mustard. i just really don't like the taste of either of them, the same for fries/tater tots/potatoes.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

People complaining online about the Twilight books/movies. So you don't like "clean" romance novels based on sparkly veggie vamps. All right, we get it. You're not incredibly smart just for hating Twilight. Now take it outside!

It's a good point. At some point complaining about things becomes more annoying than the nonsense that sparked the original complaint. TWLIGHT hate has jumped the shark, IMO. It's a fad, just let the series die a natural death already.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »

I don't care for persons claiming RAP is not music.  Music is not so highbrow that anyone would be disallowed participation in any form. 

I don't care for most fish dishes unless it's broiled or fried; anything with sauce or the head on it - yech. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »

While I am on the "don't like rap" bandwagon, I also have never cared for Whitney Houston-style soul music (I know, I know, too soon). I admit freely that she was a talented vocalist, but all the vocal shenanigans always grated on me. I know that doing the things she could do takes immense voice control, but it just seemed like showing off to me; it wasn't melodious to my ear. And the imitators who can't actually approach her technique but think they can--Ugh.

I also don't care for pickles, except in tartar sauce. Or any citrus. Or threads that don't let me talk about politics.  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »

I don't like watching golf, tennis, curling, poker, NASCAR or any racing, horse racing, baseball, football, basketball, soccer.

I don't like most reality TV shows, game shows although there are exceptions.

I don't like big banks and big corporations and how they manipulate us all with money that doesn't even really exist physically.

I don't like criminals who choose that life but I also don't like when laws are manipulated to control unions and working class people (sorry if that's a little political). I don't like when people dictate to me and tell me what to do, what to think, what to believe.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 10:53:40 PM »

I agree with you guys on rap, though I do like little rap (artist such as Tech N9ne, Lupe Fiasco, CeeLo-Green, some Hospin) other than those 4, I don't listen to rap.
I don't care for Party Rock Anthem because of the overplay. Actually, if it wasn't for the overplay, I could say it is a guilty pleasure.
I don't care for sports, esp. Golf (what? It's an old farts game! TongueOut)
I also don't care for Glam metal for one reason- Everytime I tried to listen to it, I just...got bored of it. Trust me, I tried to listen to Motley Crue, Kiss, Poison, Def Leopard, the whole shebang. It's just that I can't listen to a whole song through and not be bored by it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:13:23 PM by El Toro » Logged

yeah no.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 12:53:01 AM »

Radio DJs that insist on having lengthy "shows".    Look, I don't care what weird guests you have, what C-grade celebrities you know, what your thoughts are on some off beat new story, or anything like that.  Just shut up and play some friggin' music already! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The I Don't Care For This Thread (no politics please) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.