Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:31:08 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The I Don't Care For This Thread (no politics please) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The I Don't Care For This Thread (no politics please)  (Read 14094 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 01:23:20 AM »

I don't care for the thread(s) in my underpants.  TongueOut Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 01:41:03 AM »

most current TV shows, NBA, NASCAR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »

I can't stand AMERICAN IDLE,or those dance shows (what kinda job will you get as a dancer? I mean-short of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers...what? A back up dancer for Lady Gag Gag?),reality shows, most popular music nowadays is very generic, liverwurst,polka music,political ads on tv, calamari,tripe,oysters or clams. And okra-a slimy food if there ever was one.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »

Chris Brown  Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »

I don't care for persons claiming RAP is not music.  Music is not so highbrow that anyone would be disallowed participation in any form. 

I don't care for most fish dishes unless it's broiled or fried; anything with sauce or the head on it - yech. 

I agree. I don't like most rap simply because, well, I guess I don't get most of it. Big mystery, I'm a 44-year-old white guy. Go figure. But I don't hate it. I consider it like any other form of music. Even with styles I don't get into, I can usually find some artist within the form whose work I like or appreciate in some way. I don't like most rap, yet I do like Deltron 3030 and some stuff Outkast does, and I'm sure if I put my mind to it I could find other examples. I also don't care for most of what passes for country music these days, but I do find exceptions.

So I guess I don't care for the notion that a singular form or style of music is impossible to appreciate on some level, or is "not music."

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »

I don't care for persons claiming RAP is not music.  Music is not so highbrow that anyone would be disallowed participation in any form. 

I agree. I don't like most rap simply because, well, I guess I don't get most of it. Big mystery, I'm a 44-year-old white guy. Go figure. But I don't hate it. I consider it like any other form of music. Even with styles I don't get into, I can usually find some artist within the form whose work I like or appreciate in some way. I don't like most rap, yet I do like Deltron 3030 and some stuff Outkast does, and I'm sure if I put my mind to it I could find other examples. I also don't care for most of what passes for country music these days, but I do find exceptions.

So I guess I don't care for the notion that a singular form or style of music is impossible to appreciate on some level, or is "not music."

I third this motion. I'm a firm follower of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Yes, I rip on Justin Bieber, Twilight and other easy targets, simply because they're easy targets. At the end of it all, if somebody finds some beauty, enjoyment, or meaning in any form of entertainment or media, whether they are the artist or audience, than it is art. I'm not into rap or most country among other things, but they are still music.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »

Whoever started the trend for guys to wear their jeans halfway down their backsides with the top half of their boxers showing ...    Lookingup

Hold onto your dreams ....
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »

I don't care for:

Most sports
Most people
Most places
Most TV shows
Most people on TV shows
Most animals
Most music

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 06:10:32 AM »

Whoever started the trend for guys to wear their jeans halfway down their backsides with the top half of their boxers showing ...    Lookingup

I agree! Pull up yer damn drawers!!! Don't you own a belt?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 06:38:54 AM »

I don't care for:

Most sports
Most people
Most places
Most TV shows
Most people on TV shows
Most animals
Most music

And Donny Most?  How do you feel about him? Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:39 AM »

Odds are whoever started that was dead from a gunshot wound or a crack overdose a long time ago.

Sagging pants was started in the inner city. Belts were prohibited in prison, and so sagging pants was adopted as a sort of badge of honor amongst gangs. Essentially, if your pants sagged, it meant you had been to prison and were therefore a tough guy. Because of the chic of the rapper with the tough inner-city background, it started showing up as early as the late 80's ala groups like N.W.A. I grew up in Los Angeles and I remember being aware of this emerging trend before it became mainstream. I remember starting to see it on MTV around 1990 or so and thinking "Oh dear, now it's hitting the big time." Around that time the wave of "South Central" movies started hitting, Boyz in the Hood, Menace II Society, etc., and that was it. Gang chic, including sagging pants, became what I thought was going to be a passing fad but here, over 30 years later, it's still being adopted.

Sigh.

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 01:19:15 PM »

Odds are whoever started that was dead from a gunshot wound or a crack overdose a long time ago.

Wow.....I'll bet you're right,though.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »

I don't care for most fish dishes unless it's broiled or fried; anything with sauce or the head on it - yech. 

AHD- After reading your post, I realized that I was in error. There is some rap I enjoy, particularly Will Smith and others of the earlier days of the genre.

The thing is, when I think of rap today, what comes to mind is the negative, hateful, mysogynistic anti-life roil that comes blasting out of people's sound systems. Also, to be accurate, I don't consider death or satanic metal to be music, either.

With both, I want to approach the individual, and say, "Okay.....you're angry, you hate this, you hate that....what else can you do?"

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »

AHD- After reading your post, I realized that I was in error. There is some rap I enjoy, particularly Will Smith and others of the earlier days of the genre.

The thing is, when I think of rap today, what comes to mind is the negative, hateful, mysogynistic anti-life roil that comes blasting out of people's sound systems. Also, to be accurate, I don't consider death or satanic metal to be music, either.

With both, I want to approach the individual, and say, "Okay.....you're angry, you hate this, you hate that....what else can you do?"

I hear ya. I took it that AHD was just kind of making a general point. I hear you about the death metal thing too. When I was in high school I liked hardcore music like that, I think because I just liked aggressive music and it served as a form of catharsis for me. I still listen to some hard music from time to time just for that little release that it gives me. To a certain extent I think it can be healthy, but when it becomes the focal point of what you do, it is kind of like you say, "what else can you do?"

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »

most award shows. I've never understood them. like the oscars: The "best" movie is totally subjective. What if I hated the best movie?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The I Don't Care For This Thread (no politics please) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.