Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:37 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Their best record...??? PICK ONE « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Their best record...??? PICK ONE  (Read 16296 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

THE STOOGES Fun House 

THE STOOGES had three albums, not counting bootlegs and later releases.  They're all excellent, but Fun House is their greatest achievement, and still stands as one of the toughest records ever produced.  It's probably my favorite ROCK record.

Crank it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7lfbada-Y

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »

The best solo album by Todd Rundgren....

It showcases such a wide range of his abilities, and has probably his best ballad, ever....

Small | Large

The best Utopia album....

The initial effort by this incarnation of Utopia, each of the four artists performs brilliantly, on pieces written by each member.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »

No. For me the best Blue Oyster Cult album is not Agents of Fortune, or any of the others that tend to rank higher than Fire of Unknown Origin on most people's lists. Fire is the only BOC album I actually have. Throughout the entire career of BOC, it seems like their albums have one, maybe two listenable songs on each album, the rest being filler material I could do without. I’ve tried to listen to the older BOC albums and, except for an occasional track, I can barely remember anything. BOC is largely an overrated band in my opinion, but this album I like quite a bit. Most of the album is solid.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »

No. For me the best Blue Oyster Cult album is not Agents of Fortune, or any of the others that tend to rank higher than Fire of Unknown Origin on most people's lists. Fire is the only BOC album I actually have. Throughout the entire career of BOC, it seems like their albums have one, maybe two listenable songs on each album, the rest being filler material I could do without. I’ve tried to listen to the older BOC albums and, except for an occasional track, I can barely remember anything. BOC is largely an overrated band in my opinion, but this album I like quite a bit. Most of the album is solid.

1. I am HUGE BOC fan, but I completely understand about the feeling of filler songs. It took me a while to get into them, precisely for that reason.

2. Agents of Fortune is overrated, Fire of Unknown Origin is definitely one of their best. I can't pick a personal favorite or best though.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
akiratubo

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »

ZZ Top hit it out of the park with Afterburner.  It is the perfect blend of "real" rock and synth-music.  Every track on it is infinitely listenable.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Frank81
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »

It always reminds  me of the late  70's, wearing a  leather jacket and hanging out with buddies  on a cold evening outside, 'Don't Fear The Reaper', made famous in the first Halloween movie also comes  to mind. BOC, started out as local  NYC/Long Island  boys, got so big, remember seeing them on the 'Black and Blue' tour with the late, great Dio filling in for OZZY with Sabbath and the Cult complete with a  fire breathing Godzilla at NYC MSG. They finally came back down to earth and now play small venues again, albeit, with very few of their original members. They sometimes went by the name Soft White Belly? I'm not too sure, after all, if you remember the 70's, you weren't there in the first place?  :bouncegiggle:Still, there was a time they did take the big stage.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »

ZZ Top hit it out of the park with Afterburner.  It is the perfect blend of "real" rock and synth-music.  Every track on it is infinitely listenable.
I like Eliminator better. 

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »

Fandango is my favourite zz top album (that I've heard), I didn't really like the addition of synths into their music...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »

DAVID BOWIE Low 

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 07:05:33 AM »

The Cramps - Songs The Lord Taught Us

Thumbup  R.I.P. Lux Interior.. Bluesad I remember seeing them at the now defunct Punk Mecca CBGB's way back in the 70's.. what a great time... The version of  'Surfing Bird' they did made one throb in strobe light  blue, those  were the days. Drink Smile My pick for their best was their  'Gravest Hits' album.

You are very lucky. I never got to see them live.

Frank81
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »

Thumbup  R.I.P. Lux Interior.. Bluesad I remember seeing them at the now defunct Punk Mecca CBGB's way back in the 70's.. what a great time... The version of  'Surfing Bird' they did made one throb in strobe light  blue, those  were the days. Drink Smile My pick for their best was their  'Gravest Hits' album.

Younger people often say it to me, lucky I saw Zeppelin, Flloyd, etc... Eh, just means I'm older.. guess I was lucky to have lived in the tail end of  the end of movies, music, I'll agree that todays  movies and music really, really, are awful.
Frank81
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »

The Clash ... London Calling..
 It was  tough to pick one, I was a huge fan, even saw them at BONDS.. another time and place.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:57 AM »

Younger people often say it to me, lucky I saw Zeppelin, Flloyd, etc... Eh, just means I'm older.. guess I was lucky to have lived in the tail end of  the end of movies, music, I'll agree that todays  movies and music really, really, are awful.

Very true.
I nearly saw them at their last London show but it sold out. I headed down to the show hoping to get a ticket, but I only had £70 to my name and the touts were selling tickets for £200. The face price was only £25. SCUMBAGS

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »

I liked Bad Music for Bad People best, it's the one I owned; a compilation, of course.   Cheers

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

I like ELVIS COSTELLO's early albums best, with one exception.  I think this is his best: 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Their best record...??? PICK ONE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.