Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:54:06 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Afterdark's "Scream of the Banshee" (no paragraph breaks yet enter key unworking « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Afterdark's "Scream of the Banshee" (no paragraph breaks yet enter key unworking  (Read 1231 times)
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 09, 2012, 04:36:05 AM »

The first "Afterdark Horrorfest" relieved some horror fans, providing horror in theatres that actually had some variety. Personally I was less satisfied - it included "Unrest", a film which was as paint-by-numbers as the current big-budget horror films had become. But the festival people could be excused as "finding their feet", I suppose. Next year there was "Crazy Eights", a considerably weaker film than "Unrest" - and by their second year, those running the festival should've known better. Admittedly, amongst the 3rd-4th Afterdark Horrorfests, the five films I've seen have contained no bad films. I thought they were improving. But this... It's their fifth year. Many horror fans - and horror-loving filmmakers - have accepted Hollywood doesn't aim their horror films at horror fans; its just not profitable. Horror festivals should provide an alternative to those. Many amongst those considered the millenium's best horror premiered at horror festivals. Yet in their fifth year, Afterdark presents a film completely interchangable with any of the countless big-budget "Ring" knockoffs. Really, by now they should've known better. Sadly, this appears to be their worst festival, as of the five films I've seen didn't contain any good films amongst their number, but with "The Task" airing this weekend in the UK technically there's hope, although somehow I can't expect too much.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »

I've enjoyed quite a few of those After Dark Horrorfest movies.  I've never seen any of them in the theater - I just wait until they show up on the SyFy Channel and pick which ones to get on DVD.  A few are serious, suspenseful horror movies, and others are cheesy good times.  I enjoy them both.  Plenty of crummy ones in there too of course.

I haven't looked into this year's batch, but hopefully there'll be a few good ones in there.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Afterdark's "Scream of the Banshee" (no paragraph breaks yet enter key unworking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.