Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:30 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Least watchable movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Least watchable movie?  (Read 18296 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »

Bucky Larson

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »

4. Space Jam (1996)
3. Drive (2011)
2. The Dark Knight (2008)

Are you .. are you okay? Do you need anything?

We're all worried.

Oh that just Kasey being Kasey.  Don't mind him.

Thinking about movies that are unwatchable: The Wild World of Batwoman and Zaat spring to mind.  Thank God I watched that with the Mystery Science Theater guys.  I could never make it through otherwise.

For an interesting example not from me, my dad tried sitting through Manos: The Hands of Fate with the MST3K guys, but said to turn off after a while because he couldn't make through even with the commentary.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:19 PM »

I will discount things that don't really qualify as movies (like The Jar), or movies that I actually couldn't get through (like Exterminator 2).  I am only counting movies that I finished.

Suspiria.  The hardest slog through a movie I've ever had.  It was harder to get to the end of than even Tank Girl, Popeye, or the 2003 Hulk.  (Although I consider Suspiria a better movie than those three.  It only hurt while it was on, those others inflicted far more lasting wounds.)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »

4. Space Jam (1996)
3. Drive (2011)
2. The Dark Knight (2008)

Are you .. are you okay? Do you need anything?

We're all worried.

Oh that just Kasey being Kasey.  Don't mind him.

Thinking about movies that are unwatchable: The Wild World of Batwoman and Zaat spring to mind.  Thank God I watched that with the Mystery Science Theater guys.  I could never make it through otherwise.

For an interesting example not from me, my dad tried sitting through Manos: The Hands of Fate with the MST3K guys, but said to turn off after a while because he couldn't make through even with the commentary.
Anyone who likes Space Jam isn't a Looney Tunes fan. :P
As for the other two, meh. And the only MST movie I've never been able to get through, with or without commentary, is Red Zone Cuba.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:51:16 PM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »

Hmmmm.  ISHTAR, for one.
GANGS OF NEW YORK.
FULL MOON OVER BLUE WATER.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »

Definitely Bucky Larson and Envy (2004) and  Transformers II: Revenge of the Fallen.

To me, worst of all is Envy because I expected better from those involved.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »

Hmmmm.  ISHTAR, for one.
GANGS OF NEW YORK.
FULL MOON OVER BLUE WATER.

what helped me get through that was taking an hour or so break after finishing the first disc on the DVD

it also made it much more enjoyable

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

Pretty much anything released after 1989 sucks if you ask me. I can watch Maniac (1980) a million times, but it's the big budget newer movies that I find truly offensive in their mediocrity.

I agree wholeheartedly.  If you want to find unwatchable movies, the theaters are full of them. Cheers
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 12:05:26 AM »

I can think of a few wonderful 90's movies, and maybe two or three 2000's goodies.
Other than that, I'm with Voltron.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »

How could I forget - LAND OF THE LOST.  My soul is still scarred!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Nakuyabi
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:56 AM »

Having seen some real stinkers, I've got a high tolerance for the kind of pain that comes from suckiness. Some of the movies that have a skull rating on their reviews here, I've seen, and I could even stand to view some of them again.

That said, I'm waiting for the day someone challenges me to pick out a movie for them that really will be so painful as to be altogether unwatchable in return for their picking one out for me, because I can name the absolute worst feature-length film ever made that not even Rifftrax could ever hope to redeem. Compared to this, nothing anyone could recommend would faze me.

It's called Spielen wir Liebe, and it's so bad that it's illegal in pretty much every country in Europe. People are also banned from selling it on eBay, and in many countries you can go to jail for owning one of the DVDs, which judges in every country ordered recalled and destroyed. Naturally, this hasn't stopped rips of it from circulating over file-sharing sites on the internet for everyone who just couldn't resist the temptation to see for themselves what a torture instrument this movie is.

I've seen it once, and have determined never to see it again; not on a dare, and not on a bet no matter how high the stakes. If civilization should collapse, entropy will render all our computers inoperable and all our discs and tapes and other storage devices unreadable within thirty years; a lot of our best stories from TV and the cinema will be irretrievably lost. We can be consoled, however, that at least Spielen wir Liebe will likewise perish from the face of the earth. That's how bad it is.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »

Suspiria.  The hardest slog through a movie I've ever had.  It was harder to get to the end of than even Tank Girl, Popeye, or the 2003 Hulk.  (Although I consider Suspiria a better movie than those three.  It only hurt while it was on, those others inflicted far more lasting wounds.)

I love Suspiria. Not for the story, because in that sense it's pretty terrible, but the sound mix of that film is something I absolutely adore. I love Suspiria.

The least watchable movie I have ever seen is Slapstick (Of Another Kind). That is the worst movie I have ever seen by a substantially large margin. I've watched a lot of terrible movies, more than any one person would expect to see in their lifetime, and I have yet to see a movie that has equaled Slapstick in terribleness. I would go as far to say that my eternal soul has been compromised because I have seen that movie.

It is the worst. The literal worst. And I've seen it multiple times.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 06:03:32 AM »

.The ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW-I've sed my piece about this stupid movie in the past.
.The DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD-Boring,too dark (you can't make out what's going on)-a real snoozefest.
.SAW-The first one. I never bothered to see any of the sequels. It just irratated me to no end. The fast forward camera stuff was grating.
.I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE-Unbearable. The rape scene goes on waaaay to long. They actually remade this! WHY??? Oh yeah-because kids nowadays think extreme torture (think HOSTEL,SAW) is what makes a horror film. Lookingup   
Try suspense and good acting.
.Oh lest I forget-SINGLE ROOM FURNISHED-Jayne Mansfield's last film. And an unwatchable piece of s**t it is.
My review of this black hole of a movie is here-

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,133439.msg395998.html#msg395998

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »

I never saw (or was even remotely interested in seeing Hulk, but I own copies of and thoroughly enjoy Suspiria, Tank Girl and Popeye. But I freely admit my taste is odd, even for this site.

One movie I found unwatchable was The Light of Day (1987). I saw this in the theater, but was so bored with it I actually got up in the middle and went out into the lobby to make a phone call. On the bright side, it was a duplex theater, and the other show was The Evil Dead 2. I heard people screaming in that theater and so went to see that the next night and have been a deadite ever since.

There have been a couple others that I saw in the theater, but I have blocked them so thoroughly that I can't even recall their names. One I saw in 1989 or 1990. I was alone in the theater. I think it featured Michael J. Pollard. But looking through his IMDB list, nothing rings a bell. It may have been Dark Angel, but I can't swear to it. I was making escape plans on how to get out of the theater quickly through most of the movie, but I was too cheap to actually just leave since I had paid for it.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »

Pretty much anything released after 1989 sucks if you ask me. I can watch Maniac (1980) a million times, but it's the big budget newer movies that I find truly offensive in their mediocrity.

I agree wholeheartedly.  If you want to find unwatchable movies, the theaters are full of them. Cheers

While I agree that there are a lot more horrible movies coming out these days, I think there are just as many good ones.  The reason being that there are just more movies being released overall.  I don't think it's quite fair to dismiss anything that's been made in the last 20 or so years just because the blockbusters suck (and I agree that they often, but not always, do).  If you look hard enough, you'll see that there are movies being made now that are just as good as ever (and that there were a lot of stinkers in the "olden" days).  Just my two cents...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Least watchable movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.