Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:06:24 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  STAKELAND (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: STAKELAND (2011)  (Read 1310 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 24, 2012, 09:21:54 PM »

I watched this post-apocalyptic vampire pic last night and was blown away by just how good it was.  I was expecting a cheap knock-off of ZOMBIELAND, and while there were some superficial similarities, this was a much deeper - and darker - movie. 

America has been overrun by vampires.  And these vamps are not the glittering, mildly sinister TWILIGHT variet, nor the old school, cape wearing Bela Lugosi critters.  They don't shift shape and they don't speak.  They are brutal monsters, driven only by their unquenchable thirst, and they have wiped out most of humanity.  Small enclaves of people huddle together here and there.  Some are simply trying to survive; others have turned to brutal religious fanatacism in order to restore some structure and understandability to a world gone mad.

Marcus is a teenage boy whose parents die in the opening scenes.  He is rescued by a tough, seasoned vampire killer known only as "Mister."  Together they hunt vamps, moving northward from one pocket of humanity to another, aiming for the Canadian wilderness known only as "New Eden."  But to get there, they must cross the territory of the evil militia known as The Aryan Brotherhood of Righteousness, who believe that the vampires are God's tools to purge the world of the unrighteous.

It is a raw, gritty journey remniscent of THE ROAD, but it is a journey worth joining.  This one proved to be  a real treat!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »

I consider the production company the best amongst modern horror - technically by default, because I haven't come across another that consistently makes genuinely scary horror movies.

However Stakeland, while good, was probably the least scary film I've seen from Glass Eye Pix excluding their horror comdies - too much action thus little for feeling things. One scene had atmosphere, after that there wasn't much.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  STAKELAND (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.