Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:19 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  DAVY JONES DEAD AT 66! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DAVY JONES DEAD AT 66!  (Read 4962 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »

Monkee singer Davy Jones has died of an apparrent heart attack in Florida; he was 66 years old.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/monkees-singer-davy-jones-dies-180751406--abc-news.html

1946-2012

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »

The passing of the first Monkee.

I grew up watching reruns of the T.V. show.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »

One of my Facebook friends with even less taste than I have posted that he's taken the last train to Clarksville.

I grew up watching the reruns, and even now their songs make me smile.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »

The reason David Jones is DAVID BOWIE... Who didn't like the MONKEES even when everyone always new they were pre-fab?  Good night, DAVY we'll miss you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »

Sad news.

I love the Monkees.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:22:33 PM »

Sad news.

I love the Monkees.

Me,too.....they were zany and funny and so much more talented than some gave them credit for. This is one of my favorite Davy Jones songs,even though it was after the Monkees.

Small | Large

Plus I couldn't possibly pay homage to Davy without posting some of the "Davy Jones dance"...

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:26:42 PM by tracy1963 » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 02:25:10 AM »

"The Monkees weren't about music, Marge. They were about rebellion, about political and social upheaval."

I really like the Monkees. They get a lot of s**t for pretty much being the original "boy band," but you have to appreciate that the music they put out is some of the best solid pop songs.

So, of course, the very day Dave Jones died is the day I decide to make a crack about the Monkees at work. I didn't hear the news, so I came off as a cad. (Not really uncommon.)

The Monkees are great. No really, they were really very good. I feel no shame in enjoying their music.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »

"The Monkees weren't about music, Marge. They were about rebellion, about political and social upheaval."

I really like the Monkees. They get a lot of s**t for pretty much being the original "boy band," but you have to appreciate that the music they put out is some of the best solid pop songs.

So, of course, the very day Dave Jones died is the day I decide to make a crack about the Monkees at work. I didn't hear the news, so I came off as a cad. (Not really uncommon.)

The Monkees are great. No really, they were really very good. I feel no shame in enjoying their music.
I feel no shame,either. I think it's sad that the Monkees have somehow fallen into that catagory of artists that people liked but are now embarassed to admit they did. I never apologize for my eclectic musical tastes....from the Monkees to Mozart,from Glenn Miller to Def Leppard,from the Beatles to Alan Jackson. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »

Late but RIP
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »

The Monkees were a fun pop group, created specifically to cash in on The Beatles fame.

Somewhere, the music industry took itself too seriously and shunned pop music. Music should make you happy. The Monkees make people happy, with greatly written pop songs, some by Neil Diamond.

I like them. 'I'm Not Your Stepping Stone' has been covered by numerous punk groups.

R.I.P. Davy.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  DAVY JONES DEAD AT 66! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.