Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:13:29 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!  (Read 11828 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:12 PM »

Every thing we do-every thing we confess to belive in-is just a dance.

Lets dance. I love you,Indy-I love you all.Lets f**kin dance,

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:08:43 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 08:24:27 AM »

Great idea!
I'll turn on Rebecca Black's FRIDAY and we can all jam together!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »

Our border? I do believe it belonged to the Mexicans first. And the Apaches. We are on the level of Nazi Germany when it comes to our so called "taming" of the west. It's a shameful thing-and being a school teacher-you should know that. I love ya Indy-but Dam! I dont celebrate genocide.

We are on the level of Nazi Germany? Genocide? In what revisionist masturbatory fantasy did this come from?

FTR, I share Amerindian genes with a lot of folks; my ancestors drove the boat, were cargo in the boat, and met the boat.

Were there injustices done? Of course. You seem to want to condemn an entire nation for what was done , indeed, was done everywhere.

There's an old, dirty joke whose punchline goes, "It's your turn in the barrel". Everbody, as a culture, has been cornholed by somebody else....sad, but true. What possible good would come out of waving the bloody shirt NOW?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:14:51 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Frank81
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 12:24:15 PM »

Our border? I do believe it belonged to the Mexicans first. And the Apaches. We are on the level of Nazi Germany when it comes to our so called "taming" of the west. It's a shameful thing-and being a school teacher-you should know that. I love ya Indy-but Dam! I dont celebrate genocide.

Actually, The  Spanish/Portugese who conquered  most of this  hempishere, and sent most of the slave trade, decimated most of the civilisations in what is  now  Mexico, Central, South America and the Carribbean, did rise to the level  of Nazi Germany and the Communist  Genocide of  the  tens of  millions in what is  Russia and  China today.  The fact of the matter is  'Mexicans' were  what was  left of the brutal empire  of Aztec and Mayans that routinely  sarcificed  people  long before Cortez and Balboa set foot into this hemisphere. So, Yes, I do celebrate  Texas independence  from the genocidal  Spanish/Mexcian and the  murderous  Aztec/Mayan empire  they  replaced.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »

Oh Dear. This thread took a direction that was unfortunate. I don't see how a thread wishing people a happy state holiday turned into such a socio-political s**tstorm.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Frank81
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

Oh Dear. This thread took a direction that was unfortunate. I don't see how a thread wishing people a happy state holiday turned into such a socio-political s**tstorm.

Well, One  man's  hero is  another  man's  killer.  Twirling  BTW, I'm new here, how does one  add an avatar?
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »

Well, One  man's  hero is  another  man's  killer.  Twirling  BTW, I'm new here, how does one  add an avatar?

Welcome aboard!

*Click on Profile at the top of the message boards.
*Click on Forum Profile Information on the left of the screen.

You can upload an image there, create a signature line if you want, etc.

Frank81
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, but, it appears I need more posts to change it? Bluesad
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, but, it appears I need more posts to change it? Bluesad

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. I don't think it's very much though. I want to say it's in the neighborhood of 20 posts? Just keep posting. I know you'll be there pretty quick.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »

Actually, The  Spanish/Portugese who conquered  most of this  hempishere, and sent most of the slave trade, decimated most of the civilisations in what is  now  Mexico, Central, South America and the Carribbean, did rise to the level  of Nazi Germany and the Communist  Genocide of  the  tens of  millions in what is  Russia and  China today.  The fact of the matter is  'Mexicans' were  what was  left of the brutal empire  of Aztec and Mayans that routinely  sarcificed  people  long before Cortez and Balboa set foot into this hemisphere. So, Yes, I do celebrate  Texas independence  from the genocidal  Spanish/Mexcian and the  murderous  Aztec/Mayan empire  they  replaced.

Great point, Frank; glad ya made it, good to see ya here.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 03:20:26 PM »

Welcome,Frank....so good to see you here. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »

On this day in 1836, the Republic of Texas declared its independence from Mexico. Cheers
Four days later, all the defenders of the Alamo were killed in an all-out assault by Santa Anna's well trained Mexican soldiers - at the cost of about 1/3 of the attacking force of some 2000 men.
Over the next month, Mexican troops defeated and destroyed every Texian force they found in the field.  The Anglo colonists of Texas scrambled for the U.S. border in a panicked stampede called the Runaway Scrape.  Finally, Santa Anna separated himself from the main body of the Mexican army in an attempt to capture the interim Government of Texas - and was in turn, attacked, defeated, and captured by the last Texian army still in the field.  That was at the battle of San Jacinto, April 21, 1836.   Santa Anna, under threat of hanging, signed away all Mexican rights to Texas, and the Lone Star Republic governed Texas for the next 9 years.

I teach 7th grade Texas History last period every day of the year.  All year long, I've had to endure as the little darlings come in all sugared up and hyper because some other class had a party to celebrate this or that.
Today, due to a scheduling flip, I had them FIRST period.   And we celebrated Texas Independence Day with cupcakes, cookies, and Mountain Dew.  REVENGE IS SWEET! TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

As a fellow historian, I've often wanted to ask you how accurate the John Wayne film The Alamo is. It always makes me smile that you have Lawrence Harvey, a Lithuanian born, South African raised, England educated guy playing a Texan.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:01 AM »

John Wayne's movie is horrifically inaccurate.  They get everything from the weapons to the time of day for the attack to the location of San Antonio wrong.

The 2005 Dreamworks THE ALAMO with Jason Patrick and Billy Bob Thornton is the most accurate Alamo movie ever made - and it tanked at the box office.  But I still love it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Frank81
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 08:36:57 AM »

On this day in 1836, the Republic of Texas declared its independence from Mexico. Cheers
Four days later, all the defenders of the Alamo were killed in an all-out assault by Santa Anna's well trained Mexican soldiers - at the cost of about 1/3 of the attacking force of some 2000 men.
Over the next month, Mexican troops defeated and destroyed every Texian force they found in the field.  The Anglo colonists of Texas scrambled for the U.S. border in a panicked stampede called the Runaway Scrape.  Finally, Santa Anna separated himself from the main body of the Mexican army in an attempt to capture the interim Government of Texas - and was in turn, attacked, defeated, and captured by the last Texian army still in the field.  That was at the battle of San Jacinto, April 21, 1836.   Santa Anna, under threat of hanging, signed away all Mexican rights to Texas, and the Lone Star Republic governed Texas for the next 9 years.

I teach 7th grade Texas History last period every day of the year.  All year long, I've had to endure as the little darlings come in all sugared up and hyper because some other class had a party to celebrate this or that.
Today, due to a scheduling flip, I had them FIRST period.   And we celebrated Texas Independence Day with cupcakes, cookies, and Mountain Dew.  REVENGE IS SWEET! TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

As a fellow historian, I've often wanted to ask you how accurate the John Wayne film The Alamo is. It always makes me smile that you have Lawrence Harvey, a Lithuanian born, South African raised, England educated guy playing a Texan.  TeddyR

Well, most Americands were born elsewhere as are most Canadians.  The Alamo is a  great film cause it highlights heroism, not historucal accuracy.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »

John Wayne's movie is horrifically inaccurate.  They get everything from the weapons to the time of day for the attack to the location of San Antonio wrong.

The 2005 Dreamworks THE ALAMO with Jason Patrick and Billy Bob Thornton is the most accurate Alamo movie ever made - and it tanked at the box office.  But I still love it!
Absolutely....check that one out,Trevor. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.