Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:59 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!  (Read 11832 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »

Oh, the John Wayne piece was a great movie - don't get me wrong.  I really enjoyed it.  But as a re-creation of history, it's pretty awful.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Frank81
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »

Oh, the John Wayne piece was a great movie - don't get me wrong.  I really enjoyed it.  But as a re-creation of history, it's pretty awful.

Well, at  Least it's  about American heroism, unlike  the trash that passes  for  'history' these days in movies, like  'JFK.' 
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:08 PM »

I watched that movie several times while I was in college.  At that time I was a pretty hard core conspiracy buff, and while I recognized that much of it was Oliver Stone's own paranoid fantasy, he did weave in elements from most of the major theories, and forced the government to declassify a ton of documents about the assassination - which, incidentally, put quite a few of those conspiracy theories to rest for good.  Nowadays I fall into the "I just don't know" camp regarding JFK.

But there is some pretty good history coming out of Hollywood lately.  The Alamo film I mentioned is excellent and highly accurate, and Spielberg's AMISTAD is a magnificent telling of a little known true story during the struggle to abolish slavery.   FROST/NIXON was quite accurate, and to my surprise, was not just another Hollywood slash job on old Tricky Dick - in fact, Nixon comes across as a very complex and at times, sympathetic character.  And, if you don't mind history that is a bit on the racy side, HBO's ROME and Showtime's THE TUDORS stuck to the facts more often than not, and told a great story in the process.  However, Starz' SPARTACUS is pure Hollywood sensationalism!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 06:07:11 AM »

John Wayne's movie is horrifically inaccurate.  They get everything from the weapons to the time of day for the attack to the location of San Antonio wrong.

Wow: I still like the movie though and I like the sense of humor throughout, e.g. Davy Crockett waking Jim Bowie up with a bucket of ice cold water  Buggedout BounceGiggle, Crockett and Emile Sand's confrontation and the fight with feathers, while Mr Harvey is gettin' all serious.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »

I would like to apoligize for hijacking your thread,Indy. I was drunk and kinda emotional.
Sorry,man. I get diarehha of the mouth and constipation of the brain when I drink sometimes...

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »

Ronnie, you don't ever have to apologize to me!  We're bros, man! Cheers

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »

It's Ronny! WITH A "Y"!!! DAMN TEAXN HILLBILLY! I oughtta-

TongueOut I'm kiddin',Indy. I aint drunk...yet-  Wink

Seriously....yeah-I did have to apoligize-I was a jerk.

They're was an episode of the Simpsons where Bart started a Teddy Roosevelt Fan Club because of a teacher who told them how cool Teddy was...I wondered...does Matt Groning know you?  Question

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »

Nah.  he probably just read Cracked.com 's article on the five most bada$$ Presidents of all time -

Teddy topped the list!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »

Mebbe. I still think Lincoln was the best. I needa starta thread. I will!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Frank81
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »

Why is anyone apologizing, I thought we were having a friendly exchange and relevant thread  drift?  Of course, I'm new around here. Drink
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »

Why is anyone apologizing, I thought we were having a friendly exchange and relevant thread  drift?  Of course, I'm new around here. Drink

Were gonna have fun,I think.  Drink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

unlike  the trash that passes  for  'history' these days in movies, like  'JFK.' 

wasn't JFK from the 90's? like 20 years ago "these days"?
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:41 AM »

That's "old fart syndrome" kicking in. Anything made since you got out of high school becomes "these days"!

Frank81
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »

unlike  the trash that passes  for  'history' these days in movies, like  'JFK.' 

wasn't JFK from the 90's? like 20 years ago "these days"?

True, but, I'm only picking the last one I actually paid to see. Of course, These days, as one gets older begins to be measured  in decades. Smile
Frank81
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 12:39:36 PM »

Were gonna have fun,I think.  Drink

I hope so, differences are what makes life intertesting and productive.  BTW, I dig the Lugosi sign 'GIF.' I am a huge classic Horror fan and have a few Forry Ackerman/Famous Monsters  stories  i will get to here. One includes  Forry letting me wear an original Lugosi Dracula  ring actually worn/used in the original Dracula, 1931. Of course, There are also some stories related to my interests in Goth scene at one time and how I went from an Anarchist  to a  Republican and just being disgusted. I'm sure we'll get to a lot here. Cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.