Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:41:25 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Loved films you hated « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Loved films you hated  (Read 22586 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this one, but the original Psycho didn't really do much for me (though I wouldn't say I hated it, it just kinda bored me). Sorry Hitchcock.  Bluesad

I feel the same way.  I think has more to do with the amount of hype and praise it gets.  They build it up to be something so gigantic and when you finally see it, you are sort of underwhelmed.  Felt the same thing while watching Silence of the Lambs, Blade Runner, Bonnie & Clyde, and Jaws.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »

Anything by Christopher Nolan
Anything by Pixar (save Brad Bird's two films, Monsters Inc and the first Toy Story)
Drive
Anything by John Hughes
Ghostbusters
Most Disney films after the early 60's
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Blade Runner
Watchmen
E.T

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »

Citizen's Kane was a huge bore for me.

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:44 PM »

I've gotten flack for disliking the following:

Boogie Nights
Natural Born Killers
Superbad
The Dark Knight
Accident

Of the films mentioned here, I loved Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Night of the Hunter, The Wizard of Oz, Gladiator, Ghostbusters, Blade Runner, Watchmen and Fargo.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:35:58 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Robert W
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Cannibal Holocaust
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »

out of everything listed so far I like anything by Nolan, Silence of the Lambs, Fargo, Gladiator, The Shining, Psycho, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Sin City, The Social Network, Blade Runner and Ghostbusters

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Archivist

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 03:00:55 AM »

The Descendants, starring George Clooney.  God, I hated that movie.  When we walked out, my friend and I wanted to tell the people outside not to waste their money!  My rant is here:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,136941.0.html

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 10:20:55 AM »

GOOD WILL HUNTING. It's FIVE EASY PIECES, if the script were written by Dr. Phil. There are many "loved" films I think are overrated, but that's the only one I can think of that I actively hate.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »

So I'm not alone....whew! TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »

I think we should all start looking at each other's profiles.  Wink

The Producers, Night of the Hunter, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, all  3 Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz and Magnolia   Hatred Hatred Hatred
I can understand your opinion on all of these, particularly them LOTR movies (though I really like the first, I hated the last movie more than anything I've paid to see...)  I think the original THE PRODUCERS is... meh.  But NIGHT OF THE HUNTER and WIZARD OF OZ?  You must have had a tough childhood.  Come back to them when you pass 40, and you may be surprised at their charms.  Two movies that weren't so big as you might imagine, flops in fact, but have over the decades elbowed their way to the front of the pack because they're very great movies.  

the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

For some reasom eveyone assumes that being I like BAD films,and cult movies-or what the f**k ever-I would like this stupid musical. I DON'T.
You hate ROCKY HORROR 'cause everyone's shoved your face in it, and it's so over-exposed it's terminal.  It's really a lot of stupid fun, with some awesome songs... and MEATLOAF only sings one of them (yes, I remember you hate MEATLOAF.)  

Actually,I don't really hate these two movies but I never cared for them as much as pretty much everyone else I know....Casablanca and Citizen Cane. And I'm prepared for indignation,gang....I'm used to it. TeddyR
Well, it's KANE, Sugar,  Wink ...and that one'd be a let down if people kept talking it up.  CASABLANCA?  You don't love old Hollywood movies.  It's one of their best.  Maybe it's BOGIE, who sure wasn't pretty...? And my mother despised INGRID BERGMAN who I always can't help myself for looking at sideways...  Wink  Twirling

I hated TITANIC.  Emphasis on ICK.  A titan ick is right.  

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:13:19 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
akiratubo

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 12:17:15 AM »

The Godfather.  Well, I don't know about hate.  I find it incredibly boring and difficult to take seriously.  I've never watched it all the way through and probably never will.

Terminator 2.  One of the most misbegotten sequels of all time.  Utter rubbish.  It doesn't even exist, as far as I'm concerned.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Archivist

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »

I hated TITANIC.  Emphasis on ICK.  A titan ick is right.  

Yes, Titanic!  Man, that movie sucks.  I watched it and found myself anticipating the lines and actions before they happened.

Add AVATAR to the list, too.  I despised it.  Written for an audience who had never seen Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, or anything similar; not to mention for those with an IQ below that of a sea-urchin.  Sure, the direction and effects were superb, but the story was so cliched and hackneyed, the messages so heavyhanded, and the sequence of events so predictable, that I spent weeks afterwards ranting about it to anyone who mentioned it.

It's Cameron's Curse.  I find it hard to imagine how the director who brought us Terminator and Aliens could come up with such cliched, heavyhanded and predictable crap as Titanic and Avatar.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:07 AM »

I must be hanging with the wrong crowd I guess  Wink

Did you ever play the game?? I find people who have played the game, hate the movie most xD

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:49 AM »

Nothing I really "hate";  considering some of the crap I've sat through, pretty much anything above the level of a college film project is good enough for me not to hate it.  But some I just don't get and found extremely disappointing.

The Silence of the Lambs - was Anthony Hopkins supposed to be scary in that?  I found him kind of humorous. 

The Shining - Jack Nicholson does his Jack Nicholson thing.  Yawn.

Gladiator - Russell Crowe had about 25% of the screen presence required for that to be a good movie.

Fargo - oh look,  everyone has Norwegian accents, isn't that the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life?  Um, no.

I actually love every film you've mentioned except for Gladiator, which I don't love but like a little. And my favorite among this is actually Fargo, and yes, I find the accents funny and adorable.

The shinning is on my bucket list off films to watch, I should have by now... I know. But russell crowe's preformance in galdiator brought shame to the whole New Zeland / Australia region off the world... :(

Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 05:00:16 AM »

WOOO!! Your not alone! I will drink to that. Cheers

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Loved films you hated « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.