Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:45:03 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Loved films you hated « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Loved films you hated  (Read 22582 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: March 03, 2012, 03:36:14 AM »

I saw a post by Mofo Rising "Hated films you loved" So I was wondering if anyone has exsperienced the opposite?

For me it was the 2004 film Sideways... The most pretentious Movie I ever saw... The movie had "I want an award and look artistic and smart" written all over it. I mean an aspiring author / wine taster. traveling through wine country, while his friend who is soon to be married has sex with everything that moves. And everyone in the movie could not stop going on about what "where am I in life?" I could not take the torture and simply walked out. It was just too much. Got very good reviews. And unfortunatly I am not the only one who has hated one loved movie.

Spill the beans. xD

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:55:10 AM »

the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

For some reasom eveyone assumes that being I like BAD films,and cult movies-or what the f**k ever-I would like this stupid musical. I DON'T.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:35 AM »

I didn't like Inception.

claws
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 05:09:15 AM »

The Wizard of Oz.

Kidding.

Everybody I know seems to love Silent Hill. I don't.
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 05:35:25 AM »

RCMerchant, I do hate it when people asume I would like this or that. When I hate that tv show or movie, and everyone thinking I love it makes me want that tv show or movie to just die, At least thats what I find 0_o and Crackers, I found inception had one thing in common with the matrix. A very intense, deep intelligent story line, but most people won't be able to follow the story itself first time they see it. I found the same thing with both movies. I love the matrix but inception is meh! BTW Claws No one I know likes silent hill xD Everyone tells me to just not watch it, or I will regret it. lol!

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
claws
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:39:48 AM »

I must be hanging with the wrong crowd I guess  Wink
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »

Nothing I really "hate";  considering some of the crap I've sat through, pretty much anything above the level of a college film project is good enough for me not to hate it.  But some I just don't get and found extremely disappointing.

The Silence of the Lambs - was Anthony Hopkins supposed to be scary in that?  I found him kind of humorous. 

The Shining - Jack Nicholson does his Jack Nicholson thing.  Yawn.

Gladiator - Russell Crowe had about 25% of the screen presence required for that to be a good movie.

Fargo - oh look,  everyone has Norwegian accents, isn't that the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life?  Um, no.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »

The Producers, Night of the Hunter, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, all  3 Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz and Magnolia   Hatred Hatred Hatred
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:02:39 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »

Nothing I really "hate";  considering some of the crap I've sat through, pretty much anything above the level of a college film project is good enough for me not to hate it.  But some I just don't get and found extremely disappointing.

The Silence of the Lambs - was Anthony Hopkins supposed to be scary in that?  I found him kind of humorous. 

The Shining - Jack Nicholson does his Jack Nicholson thing.  Yawn.

Gladiator - Russell Crowe had about 25% of the screen presence required for that to be a good movie.

Fargo - oh look,  everyone has Norwegian accents, isn't that the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life?  Um, no.

I actually love every film you've mentioned except for Gladiator, which I don't love but like a little. And my favorite among this is actually Fargo, and yes, I find the accents funny and adorable.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

Actually,I don't really hate these two movies but I never cared for them as much as pretty much everyone else I know....Casablanca and Citizen Cane. And I'm prepared for indignation,gang....I'm used to it. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
voltron

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this one, but the original Psycho didn't really do much for me (though I wouldn't say I hated it, it just kinda bored me). Sorry Hitchcock.  Bluesad

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »

the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW definitely was one I disliked as well.

I also did not like Spider-Man 2, The Lord of The Rings movies or Sin City.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:24 AM »

The Dark Knight.

To me it seems the director thought pattern went like that:  Joker is all powerful, but Batman has to win... let's give Batman an equally stupid and all-powerful power like x-ray vision. I know it has no sense whatsoever, but who cares. We need Joker shine, let's make every other character an idiot, including Batman. We need some serious drama, let's try to put a broken moral about how criminals and killers are somewhat oppressed by Batman. Joker is not enough, let's put Two-face. How? Somewhat, it does not really matter... AAAAHHH!
ChaosTheory

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this one, but the original Psycho didn't really do much for me (though I wouldn't say I hated it, it just kinda bored me). Sorry Hitchcock.  Bluesad

I thought Anthony Perkins gave an amazing performance in PSYCHO, but there are plenty of Hitchcock movies I like better.  I think a person almost had to have been one of the first audiences who saw it, not knowing going in what the "twist" was going to be, to really feel it.

I hated AMERICAN BEAUTY.  Found it really smarmy and pretentious.
THE SOCIAL NETWORK.  I hate everything about it: I hate that they flat-out fabricated most of the story, I hate every character, I hate Justin Timberlake's stupid face and Jesse Eisenberg's endless sulking, I hate the soundtrack, I even hate the way it looks.  But most of all I hate that everybody on earth praises it while ignoring ZODIAC.

"Hate" is probably too strong a word, but 2001 left me cold.  I admire that movie, but I didn't enjoy a second of it.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »

I didn't see THE SOCIAL NETWORK, but I will say that I found ZODIAC to be long, boring, and not at all worth my money.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Loved films you hated « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.