Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:31 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Loved films you hated « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Loved films you hated  (Read 22349 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 05:04:45 AM »

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this one, but the original Psycho didn't really do much for me (though I wouldn't say I hated it, it just kinda bored me). Sorry Hitchcock.  Bluesad

I thought Anthony Perkins gave an amazing performance in PSYCHO, but there are plenty of Hitchcock movies I like better.  I think a person almost had to have been one of the first audiences who saw it, not knowing going in what the "twist" was going to be, to really feel it.

I hated AMERICAN BEAUTY.  Found it really smarmy and pretentious.
THE SOCIAL NETWORK.  I hate everything about it: I hate that they flat-out fabricated most of the story, I hate every character, I hate Justin Timberlake's stupid face and Jesse Eisenberg's endless sulking, I hate the soundtrack, I even hate the way it looks.  But most of all I hate that everybody on earth praises it while ignoring ZODIAC.

"Hate" is probably too strong a word, but 2001 left me cold.  I admire that movie, but I didn't enjoy a second of it.

I love Hitchcock's work. But I gotta admit he had a lot off good work besides psycho. Also even though American beauty is a favorite movie off mine, I can see the pretentious streak in it. sometimes a well thought out movie has a fine line between Pretentionious and an acctuall good job, that made a good, deep point, that makes sense. xD American Beauty gets away with it in my book though.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »

I brought this up before, but I'll go again: The Piano (1993)

A romance & drama that doesn't work even in the slightest, unlikeable characters, and bad acting that ruins any and all important or high drama scenes.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 03:29:09 AM »

A romance & drama that doesn't work even in the slightest, unlikeable characters, and bad acting that ruins any and all important or high drama scenes.

The way you discribed The Piano. Makes it sound like no more than than day time soap operas. >_<

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Frank81
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »

Titanic.... Big Fat Greek Wedding... Almost anything with Tom Hanks after  Private Ryan.... and anything, ever  with Sean Penn.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »

Titanic.... Big Fat Greek Wedding... Almost anything with Tom Hanks after  Private Ryan.... and anything, ever  with Sean Penn.
I've lost all respect for Sean Penn and will not watch any film he did. Thumbdown

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »

I hated TITANIC.  Emphasis on ICK.  A titan ick is right.  

Yes, Titanic!  Man, that movie sucks.  I watched it and found myself anticipating the lines and actions before they happened.

Add AVATAR to the list, too.  I despised it.  Written for an audience who had never seen Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, or anything similar; not to mention for those with an IQ below that of a sea-urchin.  Sure, the direction and effects were superb, but the story was so cliched and hackneyed, the messages so heavyhanded, and the sequence of events so predictable, that I spent weeks afterwards ranting about it to anyone who mentioned it.

It's Cameron's Curse.  I find it hard to imagine how the director who brought us Terminator and Aliens could come up with such cliched, heavyhanded and predictable crap as Titanic and Avatar.

Let's face it, Cameron is a bit of an hack...Aliens and Terminator he borrowed from other places (Outer Limits and the book Starship Troopers) for both of those as good as they are...

should add to my list..

Titanic
Clerks II

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

The Producers, Night of the Hunter, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, all  3 Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz and Magnolia   Hatred Hatred Hatred
I can understand your opinion on all of these, particularly them LOTR movies (though I really like the first, I hated the last movie more than anything I've paid to see...)  I think the original THE PRODUCERS is... meh.  But NIGHT OF THE HUNTER and WIZARD OF OZ?  You must have had a tough childhood.  Come back to them when you pass 40, and you may be surprised at their charms.  Two movies that weren't so big as you might imagine, flops in fact, but have over the decades elbowed their way to the front of the pack because they're very great movies.  

I've hated Oz all my life even as a kid.

I can't see myself changing my mind about it ever.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:57 AM »

I hated TITANIC.  Emphasis on ICK.  A titan ick is right.  

Yes, Titanic!  Man, that movie sucks.  I watched it and found myself anticipating the lines and actions before they happened.

Add AVATAR to the list, too.  I despised it.  Written for an audience who had never seen Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, or anything similar; not to mention for those with an IQ below that of a sea-urchin.  Sure, the direction and effects were superb, but the story was so cliched and hackneyed, the messages so heavyhanded, and the sequence of events so predictable, that I spent weeks afterwards ranting about it to anyone who mentioned it.

It's Cameron's Curse.  I find it hard to imagine how the director who brought us Terminator and Aliens could come up with such cliched, heavyhanded and predictable crap as Titanic and Avatar.
The graphics are, as my sister said after seeing it, reminded her of the Myst games.

yeah no.
66Crush
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 11:50:27 PM »

I agree with all who said "Titanic." I think Cameron is an overrated a- hole! "Aliens" is cool but I was always partial to the first one that Ridley Scott did. Thought 3 and 4 were crap. Same with "Terminator" I only liked the first one. I'm so sorry to say this, but I have never really liked "Jurassic Park." I know I should, I'm a Spielberg fan, but I just don't.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

The way you discribed The Piano. Makes it sound like no more than than day time soap operas. >_<

But it is much longer and set in the old times, so it is different then from a day time soap.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 10:18:26 PM »

History of Violence.

Didnt get a single bad review, but I thought it was dull.
I just didnt care for the main character at all.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 01:28:42 PM »

People saying TITANIC have obviously somehow missed the fact that is is one of the most consistently panned movies of all time!

My list

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (bore-wank infection)
EXCORCIST (dreck-corcist)
BLADERUNNER (blade runny-diahorea)
AMERICAN BEAUTY (American pooh-ty)
THE GODFATHER (the god-damn-how-much-longer-does-this-go-on-for-don't-tell-me-there's-two-sequels-as-well-noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo father)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
mrsskinner
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »

Twilight and all its nasty little sequels-REAL vampires DON'T sparkle
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »

Twilight and all its nasty little sequels-REAL vampires DON'T sparkle

Since when is the Twilight series beloved?

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »

I picked this up from the library after seeing it available and thinking of the above quote

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Loved films you hated « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.