Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:19:01 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  F#ck Facebook « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: F#ck Facebook  (Read 12069 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 12:21:50 AM »

I have one and is on it, but post stuff there not as much.

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 01:05:10 AM »

I have one and use it t keep in touch with family

but it's not facebook as I knew when I joined it years ago, right now it's Politics Book

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »

Sorry to see you go from FB, Ronnie.  But as long as you are 'here', it's all good.

I got Facebook because all my friends were on it.  I don't use it much, but it comes in hand every now and then.  A college club I attend uses it to post important messages to members; I set up meets up with friends and family outside of school; and I frankly like sharing new things I find with people, so I post the random crap I find there.  Sometimes people really enjoy what I find.

This is pretty much where I am, too. I find I do not spend much time there; I guess I take it pretty casually.  It can be like an e-mail list: it's a quick and easy way to contact people who are on your list.  Mainly, I find and post things that certain people (those who share my various interests) might find interesting - and I get to see their selections of "ooh: shiny!"  It can be fun.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

It is useful for keeping up with family and friends, but I rarely make posts.  Mostly using it for hearing about new babies, achievements, marriages (two Marines I knew from years ago got married and recently had their first child), and other important events in the lives of family and friends.  People who constantly post inane things tend to get removed from my list so I can keep the signal to noise ratio low.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »

I just have twitter
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 01:38:20 PM »

I have Facebook but I'm rarely on it. Honestly the most people I keep in touch with on it are online friends same as I would on this board and a few others I frequent. I like the links sometimes my online friends share, and some of the exclusive groups they've created but honestly other than that, it bores me and I get far more out of this forum and the handful of others I visit.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »

I have reconnected with a lot of old friends through Facebook, so I go on at least once every day to see if anything interesting is happening. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »

It's a good way to keep on top of what relatives are doing, community events, news about specific things I like. Also a much better way to share funny stuff than when people used to email it to everybody in their address book. Also nice if you're in business, for keeping customers informed. Again, better than spamming their email. And for staying in touch with old friends, it allows you to maintain some kind of contact when you a phone call or a visit are either not possible or not something you want to do.

I've experimented with some of the games and apps, but I don't really care much for that kind of stuff, and tend to stay away from it.

Facebook is much better since I installed a few scripts to filter ads, improve navigation, clean up the interface, etc. Gotta love Greasemonkey.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »

it allows you to maintain some kind of contact when you a phone call or a visit are either not possible or not something you want to do.

See that's exactly what I think of Facebook - it's great for maintaining some sort of contact with people you don't actually want to talk to.   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Frank81
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:43 PM »

I  was never a member, canceled  mycable, too. Free Yourself.  BounceGiggle
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »

I am no longer a member of Facebook. I cancelled my account. f**k facebook.
You might be surprised to learn that Fukfacebook will keep your data anyway.  A few years ago I was invited to join, and I tried to once - I was informed that my registration FAILED and to please try again.  Well, even that far back I said "f**k facebook."  YET, I started getting notices and invitations as if I were a member...  Question  Eventually, I went over this past Fall when a friend had died unexpectedly, and I wanted to look at his page (presumably one of the many persons that I initially declined "befriending" because I was anti-fukfacebook).  I then befriended a few people I never see to keep in touch and sh!t, they had an account for me, and a page, anyway!  Question  I never go there now, I can't be bothered... we have badmovies to visit.  

I think it should be called IN-YOUR-FACE BOOK.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:12:12 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »

I am no longer a member of Facebook. I cancelled my account. f**k facebook.
You might be surprised to learn that Fukfacebook will keep your data anyway.  A few years ago I was invited to join, and I tried to once - I was informed that my registration FAILED and to please try again.  Well, even that far back I said "f**k facebook."  YET, I started getting notices and invitations as if I were a member...  Question  Eventually, I went over this past Fall when a friend had died unexpectedly, and I wanted to look at his page (presumably one of the many persons that I initially declined "befriending" because I was anti-fukfacebook).  I then befriended a few people I never see to keep in touch and sh!t, they had an account for me, and a page, anyway!  Question  I never go there now, I can't be bothered... we have badmovies to visit.  

I think it should be called IN-YOUR-FACE BOOK.

All my few ventures into Facebook got me was extra junk in my e-mail inbox....generally I just delete it all.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »

With Facebook, you have to go in and edit your preference to turn off notifcations or else they'll send 'em to you regardless and every group you join or someone else adds you to will send you notifications evey time someone makes a post unless you go into each group and turn off notifications...yeah it's all pretty tedious.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »

I can't find where it says, "ACCOUNT", so's I CAN unsubscribe.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »

Eh, I just use it to keep more-or-less on top of what people I care about are doing. Especially since some of them have taken to just posting important things (like: I'm moving, I'm pregnant, etc) on their Facebook and then assuming that you saw it. Naturally, they sometimes get a bit irked if I talk to them later and don't mention their big thing because I didn't check Facebook that day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  F#ck Facebook « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.