Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:24:46 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  F#ck Facebook « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: F#ck Facebook  (Read 11895 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 12:55:04 AM »

Let's just say I won't be posting no nude ass pitchers oeuvre there...  Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 06:30:15 AM »

I utilize it.  Joined years ago, around '05 or '06.  Had a MySpace at the time and initially thought "Why get a FaceBook as well, same type of thing?"

I'm wondering if I friended you on FB, Happy: I'm sure I did.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »

Eh, I just use it to keep more-or-less on top of what people I care about are doing. Especially since some of them have taken to just posting important things (like: I'm moving, I'm pregnant, etc) on their Facebook and then assuming that you saw it. Naturally, they sometimes get a bit irked if I talk to them later and don't mention their big thing because I didn't check Facebook that day.

(Forgive me The Gravekeeper!) - but this reaction never fails to make me smile: the 'irked' part.  I guess I am not quite on board with the "I'm in the spotlight" aspect, since FB more or less runs far in the background for me, and the "didn't you SEE??" response speaks worlds (especially when it is not all such earth-shaking announcements).  Different lifestyles.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 10:31:04 AM »

Eh, I just use it to keep more-or-less on top of what people I care about are doing. Especially since some of them have taken to just posting important things (like: I'm moving, I'm pregnant, etc) on their Facebook and then assuming that you saw it. Naturally, they sometimes get a bit irked if I talk to them later and don't mention their big thing because I didn't check Facebook that day.

(Forgive me The Gravekeeper!) - but this reaction never fails to make me smile: the 'irked' part.  I guess I am not quite on board with the "I'm in the spotlight" aspect, since FB more or less runs far in the background for me, and the "didn't you SEE??" response speaks worlds (especially when it is not all such earth-shaking announcements).  Different lifestyles.

It is strange. I never assume anyone's seen something I've posted on Facebook. I don't really see it as a place to post important things for important people. It's either for relatively trivial things that aren't worth calling everyone up daily and telling them about, or for sharing important news with people who might care to know but aren't really close enough that I'd think to inform them personally. That's where I get baffled by both the people who are so serious about what they post and the people who gripe about all the daily trivia they're supposed to care about. To me, trivial crap is the whole point of Facebook. It's an easy place to share trivial crap without too much trouble, and a convenient way to receive and peruse trivial crap for the interesting bits without it being too much of a nuisance (like people cramming your mailbox with bad jokes or holding you captive for ten minutes with an envelope full of vacation pictures). Facebook makes much more sense when viewed from the perspective that nothing on it is supposed to be earthshaking. If you have important news for important people, you should still either pick up a phone or get in your car.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:33:54 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »

Facebook makes much more sense when viewed from the perspective that nothing on it is supposed to be earthshaking.

Agreed. 
And George Takei's posts are hilarious!  Who knew that Mr. Sulu had such an awesome sense of humor?   BounceGiggle
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »

Facebook makes much more sense when viewed from the perspective that nothing on it is supposed to be earthshaking.

Agreed. 
And George Takei's posts are hilarious!  Who knew that Mr. Sulu had such an awesome sense of humor?   BounceGiggle
Anyone who listens to Howard Stern? BounceGiggle Wink

I utilize it.  Joined years ago, around '05 or '06.  Had a MySpace at the time and initially thought "Why get a FaceBook as well, same type of thing?"

I'm wondering if I friended you on FB, Happy: I'm sure I did.  Smile
No.

I see how it is.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »

I hate that they don't have the notification thing automatically set to "off" unless you switch it on. That said, I'm friends on it with some folks from here...I'll miss RC posting over there but understand his reasons. I've been tempted when I've sent my e-mail box filled full of pointless notifications but I don't because yeah, there's a few folks it allows me to contact I probably couldn't any other way and a few friends on there are from very old friendships established online and I wouldn't want to lose touch as some of the sites we posted on are no longer available....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »

I probably share more of George's posts than anyone else's, and I've noticed I'm not alone in that.

---------------------
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 04:08:01 AM »

I only use FB to let people that knew me in school know where I am and how I'm doing and to connect or re-connect with me ~ I do have one strict rule and that is if someone tries to friend me and I do not know them either from here or on the FG boards at the IMDB or I have never known them at all, sorry for you.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 05:57:09 AM »

I think it's a pile of crap and I agree with RC's comments fully. But, I like sharing stuff with friends I now know in real life who have similar interests and keeping in touch with them and my sister because she lives further away.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 09:38:30 AM »

I now know in real life who have similar interests

That can be really interesting. I've discovered I have a lot in common with people that I didn't know about. Facebook can sometimes provide answers to questions you never ask, especially for those of us who aren't very outgoing.

---------------------
Frank81
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »

I probably share more of George's posts than anyone else's, and I've noticed I'm not alone in that.

I don't know, I've  met Takei, loved  his Sulu and his his acts, but, he came off  creepy when I met him?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »

I don't know, I've  met Takei, loved  his Sulu and his his acts, but, he came off  creepy when I met him?

I aint surprised,for some reason.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Frank81
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

I aint surprised,for some reason.
lol.. what  that he's  creepy?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »

No...that you find him so. Because he's queer? Or just beacuse he's creepy?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  F#ck Facebook « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.