Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:32:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Escape 2000 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Escape 2000  (Read 15983 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 05, 2012, 04:44:04 PM »

Prisoners at a futuristic government work camp are picked to become human game for politicians and their cronies.  This is yet another version of "The Most Dangerous Game," but it is entertaining in its excess.  One of the rich hunters has a pet werewolf!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:16:21 AM »

There must be a whole generation of kids who have been imprinted on Olivia Hussey.

For years, the go-to version of Romeo and Juliet was Zeffirelli's 1968 version, which featured a young Olivia Hussey. Hussey is "interesting," and to be presented with her talents in high school English, pre-internet, is an experience I don't think many young men will forget.

All I can say is "Thank you, Shakespeare."

Then her career went on to Escape 2000 and Psycho IV. C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:26:45 PM by Mofo Rising » Logged

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

I did not find Chris (Olivia Hussey's character) attractive at all.  It's probably the characters complete and utter lack of recognition that the government and society are completely screwed.  She just goes her way, pretending that everything is hunky-dory.  Not so much a "babe in the woods" like she played in "Romeo and Juliet" as "completely clueless." 

Whoever they picked to be her body double for the shower scene was an interesting choice.  The woman looks to have had children, and was a bit more endowed than Hussey.

Speaking of which, Paul is played by the same actor (Steve Railsback) who hooks up with the incredibly sexy space vampire babe in Lifeforce.  What is so special about that guy?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
chrisb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »

Aha, thought I recognised "Fifi" (Ritter) from Mad Max!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 04:42:26 AM »

Charles Thatcher - The warden of Camp 47. He wears George Peppard's hair and Bruce Lee's jacket.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Thanks for the great review, Andrew.  Thumbup

I remember seeing this when it came out: I was far too young but I saw it anyway and was always tickled that the boss of the camp had the then Prime Monster of England's surname.  TeddyR TeddyR

I bought a DVD copy of this for my brother who after seeing it, called me, saying "Dude, WTF is this rubbish? It looks like you made it."  BounceGiggle

The length of a zipper is directly proportional to the likelihood of a man getting his John Thomas caught in it.

Ah, that would be Ball's Law, I suppose.  Wink
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:46:18 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »

For the other Aussies out there, this is also known as "Turkey Shoot".... features prominently in Tarantino's Ozploitation, too.

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:25:25 AM »

For the other Aussies out there, this is also known as "Turkey Shoot".... features prominently in Tarantino's Ozploitation, too.
Insert unavoidable "Describes the entire cinematic enterprise" joke here.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:38 AM »

Yep, I found a copy of it last fall, while on an Ozploitation kick started by watching Not Quite Hollywood. Absolutely insane movie. Apparently some of the funding dried up while it was in production, so they gave up any attempt at seriousness and went for all-out crazy, violent exploitation.

In addition to Railsback and Mad Max's gay leather daddy, Roger "Fifi" Ward, the werewolf was played by Steve Rackman, who is almost recognizable as Donk from the Crocodile Dundee movies.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with describing Alph as a werewolf when he very clearly has cat eyes. He strikes me more as a generic beast man. I suppose he's only ever referred to in the movie as a "circus freak." For such a cheesy character, he's actually pretty disturbing to look at, especially when he cheerfully pulls off a guy's toe and pops it in his mouth.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Escape 2000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.