Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:01:29 AM
713332 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorie US President « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Favorie US President  (Read 13436 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »

Mine is Lincoln.

He grew up in poverty. Became the leader of one of the most savage countries in on of the most savage times we had. And He not only kept his head-he kept his heart.

Ok...Who's yours?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:59:21 PM »

Not entirely for his achievements as President (though the Louisiana Purchase was kinda cool).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:02:52 AM »

Lincoln tops my list too, RC.  He was not just the greatest President but perhaps the greatest man America has ever produced.  If you have never read it, Doris Kearnes Goodwin's TEAM OF RIVALS is my favorite Lincoln book.

Close second is Theodore Roosevelt.  Maybe not the greatest President, but hands down the coolest.  He got shot in the chest at point blank range during the 1912 campaign, and still insisted on delivering his hour long speech before seeking medical attention, and when he lost that election he decided it might be fun to take an expedition and explore an 800 mile long, completely uncharted tributary of the Amazon.  He was a MAN through and through.

In my own lifetime, Reagan, hands down.  A man of ideas that were clear and simple, but timeless and true.  When I get totally disgusted with the politics of today, I go listen to his speeches and come out feeling better about the world.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »

Yer joking,right?

I like the reforms he made,but damn. He couldn-t keep his dick in his pants. I hate people like that. He lied to his own wife.He don't lie to YOU? Damn.

I came very close to saying FDR.

Indy-Reagan-? Really? He did more to make the poor people poor -and his "trickle down" theory was s**t. I liked Nixon better than Reagan-Reagan was an actor-a puppet for others-he was good at that. At least Nixon was trying to do s**t...Reagan did it by proxy. Somebody shoulda nominated Kissinger. That man had powers to convince folks.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:06:59 AM »

Speaking of Richard Nixon-you would think I would hate him.

I don't. Nixon f**ked up-big time with Watergate. But Nixon also got us outta Vietnam,started talks with China too. He was doing the best he could in very hard times. Believe it or not-I like Nixon.

All polititions are sneaky-its the name of the game. Why folks point out Nixon is because he was caught doing it.

And in a weird,Twilight Zone way-he was right-when the President does it-its not illegal-right?

Small | Large

THAT kinda s**t f**ked him up. And it continues-and has been going on for YEARS with people in power. But it is a fact. They can do it-we cant.
Democrat-Republican-big money nowadays wins.  Aint no Lincolns.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
major jay

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:01 AM »

^^^
Your post reminded of this clip. It's um, pretty fasinating.

TivVcfSBVSM

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 09:15:09 AM »

^^^ All people have hidden agendas.All People have prejeduce. I dont care who you are. Turning your personal predjudices into law against others-thats damn evil. And the majority of politicitons know that. But your gonna get nut jobs with charisma-fast talkin personalities like Hitler who appeal to the majority. But the minorty have just as many-or should-have the same rights as everyone else. Not usually the case.
Nixon did some good things as president...but he had a secret agenda,I'm sure. 

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »

Ronnie:  I think you sell Reagan a bit short.  You and I are close to the same age, and I can remember when Carter was President thinking that America was toast.  Then Reagan came along and gave us something to believe in again - and, in most parts of the country, the economy improved drastically.  22 million jobs created in a very short period of time!  Some areas simply did not recover, and sadly, Michigan has been in a slump as long as I can remember.  As far as Reagonomics goes, folks still argue about it and I don't want to argue with you.   But Reagan is a hero to me, pure and simple.

You make a good point about Nixon.  He was a deeply flawed man, but a great one in many ways.  It's a shame he let his own paranoia destroy him, for few Presidents could ever match his record of achievement.  Did you know he is the only American in history, besides FDR, to be nominated for national office FIVE times?

BTW, a little known President that I greatly admire is Grover Cleveland. He was a big, fat, boring, honest man in an age of unparalleled corruption.  Throughout his entire public life, I've never found a single indication that he ever took a dishonest or self-serving position!  When he was nominated for President, his immediate reaction was to wonder aloud what dreadful condition the country was in that anyone would think HE was the best man for the job!  That kind of humility does not exist in politics anymore.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »

I don't. Nixon f**ked up-big time with Watergate. But Nixon also got us outta Vietnam,started talks with China too. He was doing the best he could in very hard times. Believe it or not-I like Nixon.

Nixon was remarkably moderate for a Republican president. I've never had any major problems with him.

I understand the fascination and appreciation of Reagan, he was a hell of a speaker and inspiring, a great leader, at least in a figurehead kind of way. I have big problems with some of the dangerous corporatist precedents his two administrations gave us, however.

Ultimately it's kind of difficult to fight anybody on Lincoln. I would say he was one of the finest Americans ever produced. I can't say the finest as Indy does, only because I don't believe ANY politician was the finest American ever produced. I reserve those kinds of honors for people like Henry Ford or Thomas Edison, never a politician.

I'm also very fond of Jefferson, mostly for the spirit he represented.

Near the top of my list would also be Eisenhower. His parting words about the military industrial complex were prophetic. It's a shame nobody listened to him.

I wouldn't say I have a single favorite.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »

Indy-Reagan was an actor-I just wish I knew which big money coached him into orfice-oops-I mean office.
The majority of his policies-the so called "trickle down" econinomics-had a devastating effect on Michigan. Many jobs here have been "outsoursed" to China thanks to policies as that. Many are p**se about the GM bailout Obama gave-I'm not. Michigan would have died without it. We still have one of the highest unemployment rates in America. But-dam it-we ARE trying. But know one wants to help us.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »

Flick-dam. Henry Ford? He did business with the Nazis for the all mighty dollar. f**k him.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »

Ronnie - I'll just say that, if I lived in Michigan, my opinion might be different.
You need to get yerself down here to Texas where we still have jobs, my friend!

Frank81
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

Overall, Good Ole George Washington, Revolutionary and  First President.

In my lifetime, Ronald Reagan, sent the Soviet Union toppling and  went after the Commies  worldwide. Millions of jobs created  while he was in  office and with a smile and nod, sent fear through the hearts of  Americas  enemies, externally and internally, he was  was great, wish I could vote for him again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorie US President « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.