Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorie US President « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Favorie US President  (Read 13441 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »

Ronnie - I'll just say that, if I lived in Michigan, my opinion might be different.
You need to get yerself down here to Texas where we still have jobs, my friend!

Is that true? Then why does the company I work for employ 90% workers from Mexico and Texas? I swear to any god there may be-THAT is true. And home grown Michiganders around me are on welfare. My brother went to my job-he's living with me-asked for an application-he was turned down. 2 f**king days later they hired a whole family of Mexicans.

Most factories -many in the agricultural and food processing business-take advantage of hiring Mexicans-because they will work for s**t wages. And they own big houses in Mexico. And drive nice trucks. I live in subsidized housing-my neighborbors are Mexicans- got nice houses ,bought with grants for NOT being from Michigan. And they take the whole winter off-to take vacations in Texas. Dam. I got a garnish on my wages-I take home 260 dollars a week-I support me,my son,and my brother. I go to the food pantry once a month. The only reason I'm typing is because I paid my phone internet bill when I got my taxes back. I'll be gone for a while real soon.

Indy-I love ya man-I wish I could move to Texas. I wish I could move to anywhere. I hate this place.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »

Overall, Good Ole George Washington, Revolutionary and  First President.

In my lifetime, Ronald Reagan, sent the Soviet Union toppling and  went after the Commies  worldwide. Millions of jobs created  while he was in  office and with a smile and nod, sent fear through the hearts of  Americas  enemies, externally and internally, he was  was great, wish I could vote for him again.

Whoh! Reagan didnt topple Russia. It  fell in on itself. Sure he sent fear-so do most idiots in high places.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »

none of them. least favorite: FDR, Lincoln, Wilson.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »

none of them. least favorite: FDR, Lincoln, Wilson.

We have more in common then you think.  I HATE polititions. Big money swarmy salesmen and liars.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Frank81
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »

Overall, Good Ole George Washington, Revolutionary and  First President.

In my lifetime, Ronald Reagan, sent the Soviet Union toppling and  went after the Commies  worldwide. Millions of jobs created  while he was in  office and with a smile and nod, sent fear through the hearts of  Americas  enemies, externally and internally, he was  was great, wish I could vote for him again.

Whoh! Reagan didnt topple Russia. It  fell in on itself. Sure he sent fear-so do most idiots in high places.

Whoa is  right. The Soviet Union, not  Russia,  the Communist  slave system went under cause it couldn't keep  pace with the escalation of weapons and and  groups  supported  by Reagan, Thatcher and others who were  opposed  at the time by many  the  Left.  The 'idiots' in my view were the opposition, some of the same people today who don't understand the Islamic Fascist threat.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »

Who is the "Left"? Is that kinda some secret society ?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »

I wondered when Lester was going to chime in with his usual "I love America but hate our government" shtick!

Think about this - if the Soviet Empire was gonna crumble anyway, why didn't it do so when Carter, or Ford, or Johnson was in office?

Think back to 1979 - the Soviets were large and in charge and America was on the decline. Ten years later they were bankrupt and their evil, repressive system was falling apart!  What happened?

REAGAN!!!!!

One other thing, Ronnie - a good part of the responsibility for Michigan's collapse can be laid at the feet of the auto worker's unions.  They made it so expensive to build cars there that all the smart money went elsewhere.  Although their power has crumbled greatly, they are still dead set opposed to major reforms that would bring jobs back to the Rust Belt.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »

Yer joking,right?

I like the reforms he made,but damn. He couldn-t keep his d**k in his pants. I hate people like that. He lied to his own wife.He don't lie to YOU? Damn.

there's no one guy who ran the country that I'm 100% behind....

that, especially in light of recent events, and Don't Ask Don't Tell was a turn off

I really liked the North American Free Trade Agreement, welfare reform, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the  Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

Clinton also presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history

I came real close to saying FDR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »

I wondered when Lester was going to chime in with his usual "I love America but hate our government" shtick!

Think about this - if the Soviet Empire was gonna crumble anyway, why didn't it do so when Carter, or Ford, or Johnson was in office?

Think back to 1979 - the Soviets were large and in charge and America was on the decline. Ten years later they were bankrupt and their evil, repressive system was falling apart!  What happened?

REAGAN!!!!!

One other thing, Ronnie - a good part of the responsibility for Michigan's collapse can be laid at the feet of the auto worker's unions.  They made it so expensive to build cars there that all the smart money went elsewhere.  Although their power has crumbled greatly, they are still dead set opposed to major reforms that would bring jobs back to the Rust Belt.

One-Lester didnt say anything-he said what his favorite Presidents were. Thats all.
  Two- I'm very anti Union,Indy.  I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. I'm not anything. 
And I will always be nothing. Because "no sense makes sense".  And if you can place that quote-you get a Marvel No Prize! (Sure it wont gain me no points though!  BounceGiggle)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »

Yer joking,right?

I like the reforms he made,but damn. He couldn-t keep his d**k in his pants. I hate people like that. He lied to his own wife.He don't lie to YOU? Damn.

there's no one guy who ran the country that I'm 100% behind....

that, especially in light of recent events, and Don't Ask Don't Tell was a turn off

I really liked the North American Free Trade Agreement, welfare reform, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the  Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

Clinton also presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history

I came real close to saying FDR

I aint saying everything Clinton did was wrong.Just like I  dont think everything Reagan did was wrong.
Like many others-I'm just expressing my feelings-I actually voted for Clinton. But his adultry-which some say should't be an issue-IS an issue. Because if he's dishonest and cheating on his own wife...what makes you think he wont do it to us? And Clinton didnt create NAFTA( which I am totally against),he backed it because money told him to. Actually-most politictions are not about principals-their about who gives you the most money.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:05:57 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »

Flick-dam. Henry Ford? He did business with the Nazis for the all mighty dollar. f**k him.

Whatever. That means very little. Henry Ford was not the only American to did business with, or dealt with Nazi Germany before WWII. The evil of the Nazi Party was not readily apparent to most Americans and business men before U.S. involvement in WWII. Henry Ford did business with whoever he could have a profitable relationship with. Henry Ford was opposed to U.S. entry into both WWI and WWII. He was a business man who wanted to simply do business, and held the oldguard business opinion that free trade was the way wars were avoided. We have the benefit of hindsight to see that dealing with Nazi Germany in the 1930 was a bad thing. At the time, very few people thought anything of it. You seem to have this image of Henry Ford as some sort of Nazi conspirator.

Yes, I will retain my appreciation of Henry Ford. He was a great American, and did more for the advancement of our productive capacity than most other Americans before or since.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Frank81
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »

Flick-dam. Henry Ford? He did business with the Nazis for the all mighty dollar. f**k him.

Whatever. That means very little. Henry Ford was not the only American to did business with, or dealt with Nazi Germany before WWII. The evil of the Nazi Party was not readily apparent to most Americans and business men before U.S. involvement in WWII. Henry Ford did business with whoever he could have a profitable relationship with. Henry Ford was opposed to U.S. entry into both WWI and WWII. He was a business man who wanted to simply do business, and held the oldguard business opinion that free trade was the way wars were avoided. We have the benefit of hindsight to see that dealing with Nazi Germany in the 1930 was a bad thing. At the time, very few people thought anything of it. You seem to have this image of Henry Ford as some sort of Nazi conspirator.

Yes, I will retain my appreciation of Henry Ford. He was a great American, and did more for the advancement of our productive capacity than most other Americans before or since.

The Soviets, under Stalin, signed a pact that freed the Nazis to start their  war.

The Nazis, atrocities aside if one can do it for a  second, were  very high tech for their times. Of course, The hatred  for one  group of people, the Jews, stopped  them from getting  someone  called  Albert Einstein. Wink
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »

Yer joking,right?

Yeh, and I wonder how many powerful men haven't kept their dicks in their pants and lied to their wives.

Indy-Reagan-? Really? He did more to make the poor people poor -and his "trickle down" theory was s**t. I liked Nixon better than Reagan-Reagan was an actor-a puppet for others-he was good at that. At least Nixon was trying to do s**t...Reagan did it by proxy. Somebody shoulda nominated Kissinger. That man had powers to convince folks.
Your memory is shot... who would you expect Indiana to choose as his favorite from his own lifetime? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »

Close second is Theodore Roosevelt.  Maybe not the greatest President, but hands down the coolest.  He got shot in the chest at point blank range during the 1912 campaign, and still insisted on delivering his hour long speech before seeking medical attention, and when he lost that election he decided it might be fun to take an expedition and explore an 800 mile long, completely uncharted tributary of the Amazon.  He was a MAN through and through.

He's my all time favorite. He also...

1.Created 53 National Wildlife Refuges

2.Established the US Forestry Service and 42 million acres of National Forests

3.Created 5 National Parks and 18 National monuments

This was a seriously cool man!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »

Yes, I've heard all about his indescretions, and I don't celebrate them, but I remember him telling ALL of us that we could strive to be great, and honorable....

I believed him; may the dark hand of night fall upon those who took him down.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorie US President « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.