Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:05:10 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why is my baby a punk? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is my baby a punk?  (Read 4044 times)
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« on: March 09, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »

this is my daughter, she used to be such a cute baby, but lately..........

she's been getting bitten on the cheek by boys

It's one thing to pick up your baby girl from daycare and find she has been bitten. Its another thing when the teacher tells you that she started it and it took both daycare workers to hold her down/back afterwards.... so is there some kindof 9mo transition no one ever told me about. Why is my baby a punk?

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:11 AM »

Yer kid anit a "punk"....she's fightin back. Nothing wrong with that.
Its what kids do. It's what everyone does.It's called survival instinct. Loose it-yer gone. Or else you end up living in yer mamas basement wearing Star Trek ears and living in a fantasy world. Of course that happens if you want to escape from reality.  Which is not a bad thing. I wish I took that route,instead of addiction to booze and drugs,and my soon to be death.
Wait a minute. I do both. Except watching horror films wont kill me.

I long for the days of 15 cent comic books.  Bluesad

Did anything I said make any sense?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:58:21 AM »

W hat Im trying to say is-I had two babies and a grandson-dont read weird s**t into it. Kids are kids.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »

According to my wife, any bad behavior is because they "take after their dad".   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »

Yer kid anit a "punk"....she's fightin back. Nothing wrong with that.
Its what kids do. It's what everyone does.It's called survival instinct. Loose it-yer gone. Or else you end up living in yer mamas basement wearing Star Trek ears and living in a fantasy world. Of course that happens if you want to escape from reality.  Which is not a bad thing. I wish I took that route,instead of addiction to booze and drugs,and my soon to be death.
Wait a minute. I do both. Except watching horror films wont kill me.

I long for the days of 15 cent comic books.  Bluesad

It made good sense...and I agree. I think she's defending herself so I would sit down with her and the teachers. The teachers may be catching the incidents after she has started taking up for herself.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »

Did she start the fight, or did she start the biting?  Didn't you say your kids were zombies?  Are you really surprised?  I've heard that some kids bite because they're overwhelmed, like they want to express a strong emotion and they just bite.  My cousin used to do that.. she would go to hug you and just take a big bite out of you too.. and then she'd get yelled at and cry.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 02:50:21 AM »

As usual...no TongueOut

It's one thing to pick up your baby girl from daycare and find she has been bitten. Its another thing when the teacher tells you that she started it and it took both daycare workers to hold her down/back afterwards.... so is there some kindof 9mo transition no one ever told me about. Why is my baby a punk?

Babies can begin biting because they are teething.

My baby bites. What's going on?

When Baby Bites

Considering that she is only 9 months old, I'm going to suggest that the "it took both daycare workers to hold her down/back afterwards" is at least a bit of an embellishment on their part.

She may well have bitten the boys first, and they bit her back, but she's only 9 months old and doesn't understand that she hurt them, just that she was hurt, and she's lashing out at the source. Now being that she is aggressive in trying to bite back rather than recoil, it could serve her well as she grows into a young lady, especially if you teach her how to have good aim placing her foot forcefully between the legs of a boy.

My suggestion would be to take her to daycare on a day you don't need to leave her there, and let her mingle and mix as she would normally, and the first sign of her starting to bite someone, intervene and sternly tell her "no"; the only one she is likely to listen to at this young age is mom or dad, though mom generally has more influence.

If that doesn't work or she shows other aggressive behavior, then something else might be at play, or this could be her way of adapting to being separated from her parents for any period of time, or even adapting to other kids; kind of along the same lines as what Paquita said.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:10:36 AM by Menard » Logged

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »

Oh man, we had the biter AND the bitee in one small package too.  Its miserable.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why is my baby a punk? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.