Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:47:50 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHY? IN HEAVEN'S NAME, WHY? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WHY? IN HEAVEN'S NAME, WHY?  (Read 9750 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: March 14, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »

Discuss.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:43:28 PM »

I watched that last week, it's a favorite of mine.  It's got a cool setup with the crazy priest, then you've got your cheesy part in the middle with the partying kids, and then it gets a bit more serious for the ending again.  Good ol' slasher  TeddyR

I take it you don't share my enthusiasm?   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
mrsskinner
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »

I liked this movie I've certainly seen much worse
Frank81
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »

Discuss.

Oh, Alan, it's  made from kids who grew up and never made it to a dance/prom and hated parochial  school and now make movies. TeddyR
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 11:58:43 PM »

I remember watching that movie back in late 92 or early 93 on HBO.
voltron

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 07:10:18 AM »

This one's ok. Liked part 3 better, though.Part 2 wasn't bad. Part 1 is an undeniable classic of course.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 03:47:18 PM »

This one's ok. Liked part 3 better, though.Part 2 wasn't bad. Part 1 is an undeniable classic of course.

The original PROM NIGHT was yawnmaking, Part II somewhat better, although it cries out for at least a pot and malt-liquor buzz; I haven't seen III or IV, never imagined someone would bother.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
claws
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 04:15:10 PM »

never imagined someone would bother.

You are joking, right? People do bother with horror movie sequels  Wink

Part IV certainly had its moments, and I quite enjoyed it. Probably not as much as Jack did though  TeddyR

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:40:29 AM »

Part IV certainly had its moments, and I quite enjoyed it. Probably not as much as Jack did though  TeddyR

Oh just admit it, you weren't watching it purely for the plot   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 10:41:01 PM »

The Prom Night series is hit or miss, mostly "miss." The original is blah, Part II is actually pretty decent. III leans too hard on the "comedy" end of "horror/comedy" for me (though the girl who played Mary Lou Maloney in "III" is much better looking than the gal who played her in "II")

...as for "IV," it has its moments, most of which involve the female cast members in various states of undress.

I do get a kick out of the fact that the Catholic Church has supposedly been imprisoning the crazy priest since the 1950's yet when he breaks out in the present day and goes on his newest rampage, he apparently hasn't aged a day in all that time. Haha.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »

The Prom Night series is hit or miss, mostly "miss." The original is blah, Part II is actually pretty decent. III leans too hard on the "comedy" end of "horror/comedy" for me (though the girl who played Mary Lou Maloney in "III" is much better looking than the gal who played her in "II")

...as for "IV," it has its moments, most of which involve the female cast members in various states of undress.
This I'll agree with. Although I do think that the first Prom Night had that Late Night TV charm to it (or I got this in a DVD set with 30 other movies charm if you prefer.)

I do get a kick out of the fact that the Catholic Church has supposedly been imprisoning the crazy priest since the 1950's yet when he breaks out in the present day and goes on his newest rampage, he apparently hasn't aged a day in all that time. Haha.
I noticed this too.  I kept wondering if there was some plot point I missed. 
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »

Discuss.

I saw this on a two-fer packet (Prom Night III and IV) at Walgreens.  Almost bought.  Should have.  Oh well.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »

Hmmm.... THREAD IDEA~!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHY? IN HEAVEN'S NAME, WHY? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.