Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:35:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Chillerama « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chillerama  (Read 15673 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 25, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »

I have a sort of bad movie spider sense, but this time my super powers totally rickroll'd me.

Parts of this anthology movie are absolutely brilliant.  Unfortunately, the brilliant parts are smothered by loads of sexual jokes and toilet humor.  I laughed some, I cried some, I rolled my eyes a lot.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »

That sounds absolutely painful.  Thanks for posting the review; I now know what to avoid.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »

The only segment that I hated in Chillerama was the "I Was a Teenage Werebear" one. I swear that I thought my head would explode a la Scanners trying to make it through that piece of cinematic excrement.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »

I saw this at Wally World (Wal*Mart for the uniformed) and thought that the asking price was too high.  I think it was $15.00 or close to that.  So I said I will pass.  I am sad that I passed it up.  Sounds like a fun film for a brain dead night.

Thanks Andy for taking the brunt of the torture on this one  Cheers.

I will keep an eye on Ebay to see if I can get it cheaper.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »

The only segment that I hated in Chillerama was the "I Was a Teenage Werebear" one. I swear that I thought my head would explode a la Scanners trying to make it through that piece of cinematic excrement.

Take some Advil Torgo, this could help with the pain from the explosion.  Then wrap your head in a cool towel.   BounceGiggle

Take care,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »

Unfortunately, not many laughts for Andrew from watching the film, but many laughs for the rest of us from reading another fine review.

Is it the Hitler segment that raised this from "0 skulls" to "1 slime?" For even by the standards of this website, this does sound, just from the review, like a particularly dreadful film. Almost a certain candidate for the worst film ever made.

As for the sexual humor . . . taking a number of classes on theater, while in college, I do remember from the classes, that sexual humor was regarded as being the lowest form of humor there was. But, there are some people that can do it, and there are some people that can't. Shakespeare could. The late British director/screenwriter Ken Russell could. But, obviously, the people who made this film can't.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:15 AM »

I picked this up myself a while ago, thinking it looked a lot better than it tuned out to be. 

I'm with Andrew.  There are some really good ideas stuck in a big sea of $#@#!!

Wadzilla was just a complete waste of film. 

I was a Teeange Werebear actually had a funny idea, and had they played this idea totally straight (no pun intended) it could have been fun. 

The Diary of Anne Frankenstein isn't great but it does entertain.  The monster itself was nicely designed and the cast wasn't as much of an embarrassment as the rest of the film.  Besides, who can turn down the idea of Hitler making Frankenstein's monster?  I would have been a bit nice to actually see more of Anne Frank though.  It seems she was just included to give the movie its pun of a title. 

Deathication is so over the top it's almost impossible to criticize, and thankfully it's only shown for a few seconds. 

And of course the zombie thing that ties it all together.  Very basic B-movie material, not outstanding in anyway, but it's not too shabby either. 

Still, overall, it's fairly horrible stuff. 
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 06:33:44 AM »

The Diary of Anne Frankenstein isn't great but it does entertain.  The monster itself was nicely designed and the cast wasn't as much of an embarrassment as the rest of the film.  Besides, who can turn down the idea of Hitler making Frankenstein's monster?  I would have been a bit nice to actually see more of Anne Frank though.  It seems she was just included to give the movie its pun of a title. 

There are two parts in that segment that made me laugh out loud.  The first is when the Nazi being thrashed by the monster switches between actor, dummy, and then completely different actor (different race).  The second is after Hitler flees the laboratory and locks the monster inside.  After pounding on the door to no avail, the monster walks toward the camera, around the end of the set, and then back into the room with Hitler.  It's a cheap gimmick, but it turned out to work beautifully.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »

Sounds like my kind of film.  Wink TeddyR

Great review, thanks, Andrew.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »

Sounds like my kind of film.  Wink TeddyR

Great review, thanks, Andrew.  Cheers
If you must see it, rent, don't buy. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Chillerama « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.