Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:23:43 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Electio « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Electio  (Read 8858 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: March 26, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility' 

http://news.yahoo.com/president-obama-asks-medvedev-space-missile-defense-election-101729176--abc-news.html

SEOUL, South Korea - At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have "more flexibility" to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him "space."

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

When asked to explain what President Obama meant, deputy national security adviser for strategic communications Ben Rhodes told ABC News that there is room for the U.S. and Russia to reach an accommodation, but "there is a lot of rhetoric around this issue - there always is - in both countries... 

http://news.yahoo.com/president-obama-asks-medvedev-space-missile-defense-election-101729176--abc-news.html

AHD: Leftist media at work. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:45:51 PM »

Some self confidence..... Lookingup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »

the missile shield is a pointless antagonisation of Russia.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »

Or a necessary defense against the all-but certain Iranian bomb.
Besides, how is it a PROVOCATION when it has NO possible OFFENSIVE capability?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »

well it doesn't really have a defensive capability either. missile defense is a long long long way away from being anything you could depend on.  nor is Iran likely to bomb POLAND.  the shield is a provocation for various mundane world as chess boardy sort of reasons.  Plus, we're broke.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »

That's what you take from this story?  You're partisan, m'dear.  Y'think OBAMA is the first President to suggest he might have more flexibility after an election?  Don't be naive.  I think it's much more important that the so-called "leftist" media would even report this story or show the video, with sound.  This is not the first embarrassing Presidential blunder - by any executive - but it's important 'cause this Pres' "leftist pals" in the media will expose him, too, and right quick

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

You do have a point - no matter how thoroughly the media may favor a candidate, once he is President, their "pitbull" genes eventually do come to the fore.  Every journalist wants to be the next Woodward and Bernstein who bring down a President - ANY President.

However, had this been a Republican President, it would have made a MUCH bigger splash than this one blurb of a story.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:53:57 AM »

Bill O Reilly said on his show this morning that it looked like the two of them were preparing to go out on a date.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

However, had this been a Republican President, it would have made a MUCH bigger splash than this one blurb of a story.

You may be right, simply because Democrats have a popular perception of being more diplomatic and restrained while Republicans have a popular perception of being more aggressive and less oblique. Part of the bigger splash would have been left media and part of it would simply be the noteworthiness based on popular perception.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »

That's what you take from this story?  You're partisan, m'dear.  Y'think OBAMA is the first President to suggest he might have more flexibility after an election?  Don't be naive.  I think it's much more important that the so-called "leftist" media would even report this story or show the video, with sound.  This is not the first embarrassing Presidential blunder - by any executive - but it's important 'cause this Pres' "leftist pals" in the media will expose him, too, and right quick
Hmmm...you're not the first person to call me naive but I'm used to it. I do feel that this story was simply put out to try and embarrass Obama. Whether the press is mostly leftist or no I'm still not sure but they can smell a "blunder" miles away. And I'm sure his self confidence is typical though I honestly hope it is misplaced. So,yes,I guess I am partisan. Yet,if the Democrats would put up someone I liked I would vote for them.
 I just can't help but think that we need to keep a close eye on Russia....not leftovers from the Cold War but the attempt to start a new one.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »

If europe wants a missile shield let them pay for it. The iranians don't even have a bomb yet so if anything can wait it's this ridiculous pork project.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »

If europe wants a missile shield let them pay for it. The iranians don't even have a bomb yet so if anything can wait it's this ridiculous pork project.
I agree with Lester.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »

I don't, but then, what's new? LOL

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »

How important is this missile shield really though Indiana. Is it important enough to OUR security that we should pay to build it, particularly when a country whose help we need for, among other things dealing with iran, doesn't want it?

Many people believe Iran wants to destroy israel, no one thinks they want to destroy Poland.  and missile defense is garbage anyway.  How about we just give the defense contractors the money and skip building the thing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:17:27 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »

Missile defense for OUR country is tremendously important.  There are a number of nuclear powers in the world that are NOT very friendly, and the ability to knock down missiles could save MILLIONS of lives.  I'd rather see us cancel an aircraft carrier or two and build the thing.  And, I'm a veteran of the Reagan era - while I like the Russian people, I don't trust their government!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Electio « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.