Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:29:55 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Rocky Jones, Space Ranger « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rocky Jones, Space Ranger  (Read 4119 times)
Pacman000
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »

I saw a movie edited from a few episodes of this show (Menace from Outer Space).  It wasn't that bad.  Sure it was cheap, but 50's TV was usually cheap.  The set/costume designs weren't as silly as the old Flash Gordon TV show, and the special FX weren't bad for the time.  Any one else like (or dislike) this show?
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

I love the limited amount of what I've seen of it. Truly a fun adventure sci-fi series, very much in the vein of sci-fi serials like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. The show though did seem to have a surprising amount of pseudo-science on it too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »

One episode of Rocky Jones - I'm not sure if it was Menace from Outer Space - had something in it that made me realize why kids watched these otherwise very silly shows.

Rocky has gone to another planet.  There is a type of ore there that heats up white hot when exposed to even the smallest amount of friction.  At one point, Rocky gets in a fight with some guys in an ore processing plant.  One of them picks up a sample of the ore, scrapes it on the ground so that it heats up, and then tries to shove it through Rocky's head!

Though a simple and crude effect, the ore glowing as it heats up is an incredibly cool visual, and a bad guy trying to murder the hero by shoving a white-hot rock through his head is also pretty damned awesome.  If I had been a little kid in the 50s, I'd have damn sure taken time out of my day to sit down and watch Rocky Jones in the hope of seeing something like that, week after week.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pacman000
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

Yes, that was Menace from Space.  I'd forgotten about that scene, but now that you mention it, it was a good scene.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »

yes, we all know about the sidekick with the goofy name. But all in all, at that age...me liked it.
Still a decent MST3K.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »

yes, we all know about the sidekick with the goofy name. But all in all, at that age...me liked it.
Still a decent MST3K.

You mean Winky?  BounceGiggle
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »

I got some episodes of it on the 100 Sci Fi Movies thing from Mill Creek.
I enjoy them quite a lot.
Lotsa old TV fun-I wasn't born when they first came out-I DO recall watching LOST IN SPACE when I was a lttle basterd,though!
"Danger Will Robinson! Warning!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »

GREAT GOOGA-MOOGA!
http://www.mst3ktemple.com/rockyjones.html

I...I...I can't find the words.

http://www.mst3ktemple.com/silvercup_rocket.html

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Rocky Jones, Space Ranger « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.